Membership Tracker

Remove this Banner Ad

An extra 1,000 members in just a week. Just goes to show what happens when you have a couple of convincing wins. Hopefully there will be a few melbourne members to sign up when we play at TD

yeah there will be a lot of melbourne based supporters who will prob sign up at the first game in melbourne. thats what i usually do, although this year being that i am overseas for the whole season, that won't be happening!

Strong hands Magee said:
Holy sh*t! Mid 35's here we come! Finance dept and the board would be rubbing their hands together

I'd like to see the distribution of the members so far, see how many are coming from Melbourne, its supposedly 33%.

Mid 35k's is a bit optimistic isn't it.......oh well, bring on 35k!!:D

I hope we crack 35,000. When we were in the p00 in 2000-2003 i would buy a full membership for 16 games or something like that . I live in W.A with no chance of travelling to Melbourne or Geelong. But now that we are sweet again i just purchase the country and interstate membership. And still dont see any games at Kardinia even though i am entitled to. And i am sure there is alot like me.:)So i wouldnt worry about room at the moment until it starts to become a problem.

Now the big challenge for the club is to bump the membership number up to 35,000 and to aim for the big boys. There's little doubt that Geelong has the supporter base to generate those sort of supporter numbers... I think there were comments last year to the effect that not enough supporters living in Geelong and the Bellarine area buy memberships compared with the proportion of Melburnian and Country supporters.

I'd love to see the Catters consistently signing 35000-40000 members in a few years' time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jess_555 said:
I'm suprised the membership number hasn't gone down. If we loose against Richmond this week it probably will go down. I can imagine people cutting up their memberships and sending them back to the club. Hope they win!

Have they ever actually gone down??

I wouldn't think they would ever go down, even if some people have cut them up and sent them back, they've already paid for them....

jess_555 said:
I'm suprised the membership number hasn't gone down. If we loose against Richmond this week it probably will go down. I can imagine people cutting up their memberships and sending them back to the club. Hope they win!

But the club keep the money!

:D

JUBJUB said:
They must be blind :eek:

Or stupid?
Lol.
I at least have an excuse, I bought mine wayyyy before the season started. Why would people be forking out 100 and something dollars now?
I don't see the point.

Champ39 said:
I at least have an excuse, I bought mine wayyyy before the season started. Why would people be forking out 100 and something dollars now?
I don't see the point.
Sorry, ogtta disagree. You buy the membership not for personal gain, but for the club. Ive known people who buy memberships but only go to 3-4 games per year. Its to help the club. I for one would do anything for the GFC, no matter whats happening on the field.

cats2rise said:
Sorry, ogtta disagree. You buy the membership not for personal gain, but for the club. Ive known people who buy memberships but only go to 3-4 games per year. Its to help the club. I for one would do anything for the GFC, no matter whats happening on the field.

Yep. Folks who stop buying memberships because we're not doing so earn the dreaded bandwagoners tag, and for good reason.

cats2rise said:

Yes, a few people from other forums say they buy memberships just as a spare, and to help the club...

One guy bought another membership (reserved seat) so he could have a different viewing experience at different game, lol.

That's great for the club, I hope we can maintain it around 30,000 and really cement the clubs position. The best way to do this is to win a flag in the next few years (fingers crossed).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back