Resource Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

They weren't safetix last year (I was screenshotting and it worked last year)

But yeah it might work if it worked with the AFLW games (which apparently implemented safetix), the Reddit posts discussing issues may have it wrong
I'm just speculating, but it won't surprise me — in fact, I expect it — if the ticketing technology has been designed for compatibility with Google and Apple wallets, and only play the animation outside of the context of those and similar (proprietary) apps. Precisely, as you said above, for anti-consumerist (proprietorial) reasons.

The discussion point isn't really about whether it will work with Google/Apple wallet (it'd be a major f*ck up on TM's part if it didn't), but about the fact that you can't forward tickets by screenshot anymore, which is a major pain in the a*se.

But all you need is a smart phone right?
Smartphone with either a Connection or NFC if you don't have a connection

+ an account and the app

(if it works as advertised)

Basically its just a massive * around for something that wasn't a problem before, something that takes 5 secs before now doesn't

Smartphone with either a Connection or NFC if you don't have a connection

+ an account and the app

(if it works as advertised)

Basically its just a massive * around for something that wasn't a problem before, something that takes 5 secs before now doesn't
Vast majority of people with a smart phone probably have an app or 2 I’m guessing. Yes, some aren’t as technologically proficient as others, but if you receive tickets it tells you you need the app and takes you immediately to download, then you create an account - not that hard.

or:
If you have a cracked screen, or are just not using a smart device – no problem. Simply visit the box office at the venue upon arrival. Have your ID and order number handy and you will be issued a physical ticket

there won’t be many in that category.

The discussion point isn't really about whether it will work with Google/Apple wallet (it'd be a major f*ck up on TM's part if it didn't), but about the fact that you can't forward tickets by screenshot anymore, which is a major pain in the a*se.
Really?

I screenshotted my tickets every round last year and they worked fine

Really?

We have been talking about the AFLW season, which is when the tech started to be used, and speculating on the likelihood that it will next season be used for the men's comp.

But if you have been able to screenshot one of the animated tix and it still worked, then that's great — though begs the question of why the animated tech was developed in the first place.

Really?

That's what the convo has been about, apparently it's changing

Fwiw, I went to the scorchers last night and my mate screenshotted the ticket and sent it to me, it worked, obviously they weren't using the tech for the cricket

Maybe Optus won't implement it? AFLW games weren't at optus

That's what the convo has been about, apparently it's changing

Fwiw, I went to the scorchers last night and my mate screenshotted the ticket and sent it to me, it worked, obviously they weren't using the tech for the cricket

Maybe Optus won't implement it? AFLW games weren't at optus
was it a bar code or a QR code? The AFLW ones were barcodes, whereas men's comp (for me) have been QR.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, or not mine, at least. The W season was the first time I saw it. It'll be a major pain, as I have four tickets linked to the one account. Normally screenshot and send to each member of the group just before we enter to speed things up.
Same.

The price for the Kayo add on is one of the better prices in the league but its a shame we don't add any extra perks.

Also Kayo is getting less and less worth it, no euro football on there now which is BS

Edit - just seen we're finally getting 4k this season, at least that is something

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back