Memorable Banners

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to Sydney Swans v Eseendon game at the SCG about 20 years - the Swans ( i think Buckenara was coach) were nearly down and out -20 losses on the trot approx - and the Dons then were very strong - and had a bit of arrogance about them

The Essendon banner - read " The Sydney Swans are a bloody disgrace to our great game " oh youve got to love that Essendon arrogance - pity they havent got it now

I think their cheersquad got fined -or something

images

802572-banner.jpg

Was looking up old VFL banners on google images and stumbled across this. Anyone have any background info on it?

for mine, it would be r17 1981, South Melbourne as they were then known, played Collingwood at the SCG on a Sunday afternoon. This would be Collingwoods' banner, judging by the photo of the people holding it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any banner destroyed by rain or wind.

for mine, it would be r17 1981, South Melbourne as they were then known, played Collingwood at the SCG on a Sunday afternoon. This would be Collingwoods' banner, judging by the photo of the people holding it up.

I believe it was Carlton from memory, I've been told that by a mate that follows Sydney.

anzac_bombers_magpies_420-420x0.jpg

Always thought this was a nice touch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back