Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he will do a much better job than he did with us, you just need quality line coaches, he didn't have the right structure with us and he wasn't given the support he needed back when he was inexperienced.

I think he will do better this time around, if he gets the right support.

back to the future GIF

I don’t mind Scott. Has gravitas, doesn’t stand for shit and is a great protector of his players and the club he’s at. The only thing which from a far I think he struggled at north in his later years was selection. Continually picked guys that were list cloggers over giving young players games and experience to grow. As he’s joining this list fresh that shouldn’t be an issue straight away.

So there was a process

That does make me feel a little better tbh that he had done some work behind the scenes. I think the process has been pretty good tbh, their has been very few leaks if any which has been very unlike Essendon tbh the sudden appointing him as coach the day of the interview did raise a small bit of concern, even if I was happy with the choice overall.

I don’t mind Scott. Has gravitas, doesn’t stand for s**t and is a great protector of his players and the club he’s at. The only thing which from a far I think he struggled at north in his later years was selection. Continually picked guys that were list cloggers over giving young players games and experience to grow. As he’s joining this list fresh that shouldn’t be an issue straight away.
I can't really remember to be honest regarding North's list, but who was it he should have brought in and who should have been dropped? My vague memory says the ones proposed to come in were also list cloggers.

I don’t mind Scott. Has gravitas, doesn’t stand for s**t and is a great protector of his players and the club he’s at. The only thing which from a far I think he struggled at north in his later years was selection. Continually picked guys that were list cloggers over giving young players games and experience to grow. As he’s joining this list fresh that shouldn’t be an issue straight away.
And I guess we don't know what was going on behing the scenes there either he may have been pressured into things.

Even if he isn't the guy that takes us to a premiership I do think we will be better placed for having him....so long as we enable him enough control.

This is one of my fears as well, though with our list demographic he may not have the chance to not play the kids.

I think I recall though this defenders pointing out the list of kids he had to pick from weren't great overall, and aside from a couple of exceptions (Ben McKay and Jye Simpkin) didn't exactly demand selection.

I can't really remember to be honest regarding North's list, but who was it he should have brought in and who should have been dropped? My vague memory says the ones proposed to come in were also list cloggers.
Never played durdin to the point where he lost all confidence. Kept Ben Mckay in the vfl for 4 years. There’s more but I’d have to dig it up it’s been a couple of years.

Never played durdin to the point where he lost all confidence. Kept Ben Mckay in the vfl for 4 years. There’s more but I’d have to dig it up it’s been a couple of years.
Well McKay as a tall was only there for 3 years, I wouldn't hold it against him for that one. Geelong do the same with players a lot of the time and get lauded for making their players get experience before playing AFL.

Durdin was touted as the second coming by some, like Francis in some ways. I guess you could see that either way (like Francis).

Not saying he made the right calls, but let's hope given we have a lot of young players he has no choice this time around.

Pardon the intrusion Brad Scott was the perfect coach for us when we appointed him (our mistake was extending his contract at the end of 2016) he brought much needed stability, structure and discipline to our club and will do the same for you guys. He's the consummate professional who can manage the media well and head office too (probably even more so now). I'd say he'll be able to navigate the coterie groups too! He'll get you playing finals again no doubt about that, it's that next step that's the challenge for him. Having said that I expect that he'll be a better coach this time around so who knows. Enjoy!

I think he will do a much better job than he did with us, you just need quality line coaches, he didn't have the right structure with us and he wasn't given the support he needed back when he was inexperienced.

I think he will do better this time around, if he gets the right support.
I hope for sure we give him the support to go things his way, was noted somewhere Brad Scotts time at North was a lot like Knights with us years ago, underfunded footy dept, poor assistants,

I think his won't take a backwards step is something Essendon has been crying out for for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fact is Brasher said they wanted a coach with senior experience and this review with that in mind clearly followed through whilst allowing those without such credentials to apply, so no one can say due diligence wasn't done.

I look forward to him showing a very strong hand to this group and am grateful he's chosen to share his knowledge with this club and it's players.
Get around him.

Well McKay as a tall was only there for 3 years, I wouldn't hold it against him for that one. Geelong do the same with players a lot of the time and get lauded for making their players get experience before playing AFL.

Durdin was touted as the second coming by some, like Francis in some ways. I guess you could see that either way (like Francis).

Not saying he made the right calls, but let's hope given we have a lot of young players he has no choice this time around.
4 years under Scott and hardly played. Yes talls do take time but you’ve got to give them a taste, they learn so much more at afl level than playing on unathletic 6’3 tall vfl forwards.

4 years under Scott and hardly played. Yes talls do take time but you’ve got to give them a taste, they learn so much more at afl level than playing on unathletic 6’3 tall vfl forwards.
Drafted 2015, Scott left early 2019, so 3 and a bit we'll say. I personally don't think it was egregious given their other key defensive talent but happy to disagree. It certainly hasn't hindered his progression by the look of it.

Drafted 2015, Scott left early 2019, so 3 and a bit we'll say. I personally don't think it was egregious given their other key defensive talent but happy to disagree. It certainly hasn't hindered his progression by the look of it.
He left half way through the season. So he had all of the preseason with him and he wasn’t playing up until the point he got sacked, comes in and starts playing really well straight away. North fans were furious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back