Toast Michael Barlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't care about DT or SC points...but he got through the game with some 32 good possies and 2 goals. Excellent.

Was one of 5 I thought were excellent.

Think we would have had a bigger score had the weather held off.

I would've said he was well and truly back last year. He's prone to the odd clanger but the bloke is a champ and epitomises freo footy of late. He really is the bloke i think about when when asked whats changed from freo stinking up the joint in 09 to now

I would've said he was well and truly back last year. He's prone to the odd clanger but the bloke is a champ and epitomises freo footy of late. He really is the bloke i think about when when asked whats changed from freo stinking up the joint in 09 to now
He's just that bit better this year IMO.
He's regained his pace, which still isn't quick, he's getting the ball 5 or so more times and his kicking has improved in accuracy and length.

Very, very happy to see Micky living his dream at Freo and back to his best. Can't speak highly enough of this bloke.

One of about 4 guys on our list who could probably win a Brownlow but won't because they'll steal too many votes off each other.

The bloke is an absolute champ and he was already back near his best in the latter half of last season IMO. His qualifying final was simply epic.

I love Micky B: plays to his strengths, smart footballer, leads from the front, bleeds purple. Can't get any better player than that. His manager must have been pulling his hair out when Mick just said, "yep, draw up the papers - where do I sign?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, this is similar to what I said nominating best players while walking out of the gates. The bloke is a champion. Tough character.

Was back to his best last year topped off by his 30+ poss and 3 goal game vs Geelong in the final.

I recall he went to Mayne for goalkicking lessons after getting the yips last year I think (early on), sometime after missing quite a few crucial shots. Has been deadly accurate since then on the set shot.

I often don't give him votes for some of his high possession games because I think he lacks the hurt factor of our other two mids, but when he's in this sort of form where he's hitting the scoreboard multiple times a game he becomes a really dangerous weapon for us.

Lol "Trade Barlow - Viv Michie can replace him"

The same bloke, (hi bradey), that continuously says that Mzungu is s**t.

I'll take Mzungu's s**t performance yesterday all day and every day.

Barlow must have webbed feet. Goes to another level in the wet. Must be that Werribee heritage.

I often don't give him votes for some of his high possession games because I think he lacks the hurt factor of our other two mids, but when he's in this sort of form where he's hitting the scoreboard multiple times a game he becomes a really dangerous weapon for us.
That's the strange thing about him. You don't notice him in general play as much as Mundy and Hill because he lacks flash, but he bobs up for more goals than them.

Just knows how to play footy.

Love all that is Micky Barlow. The struggle to even get drafted, that finally landed him a spot on our Rookie list. Then the horrific broken leg that left the whole world wondering if he'd ever make it back playing on the park. And he did. Of Course he did, because that's the man he is. He played in Freo's first grand final, is in ripping form and looks like sticking around for his career. Onya Mick, ya blood's worth bottling!

Love all that is Micky Barlow. The struggle to even get drafted, that finally landed him a spot on our Rookie list. Then the horrific broken leg that left the whole world wondering if he'd ever make it back playing on the park. And he did. Of Course he did, because that's the man he is. He played in Freo's first grand final, is in ripping form and looks like sticking around for his career. Onya Mick, ya blood's worth bottling!

Surely Barlow, more than any other player, is the beating heart of the current Fremantle era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back