Toast Michael Barlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know what Micky B´s goal accuracy is for the last year or so? Particularly from set shots?

He used to be very ordinary at set shots but I recall he said he got tuition from Mayne and since then he is one of the most reliable kicks at goal. You can almost put him in the book if he has a set shot inside 50.

Just goes to show his dedication and professionalism to keep getting better and better. Gun!

Yes, I have too. Get to see his muffin tops each week.

I thought rather than it being a problem with the jumper, maybe he has a slightly longer torso than average?

Yes, these are the deep problems that I ponder at 2 o'clock in the morning :p

I just noticed but it's not a sexual thing. I hope not anyway.

I'm going with the extra long torso.

Last time I entered a dedicated Michael Barlow thread he was about to miss weeks with a knee injury. Watching him, from the other side of the country, dominated in the wet on Saturday was a sight to behold.

Long may it rain back home and long may Micky B reign in the middle of the park.

Anyone else notice that Micky B is always wearing a really, really small guernsey? You can almost see the top of his bum each week. :p

(Not sure how many people will admit to also noticing this...)
Noticed... but not going to complain ;)

Our most underrated player ? The fact he is pushing forward is critical to us when Hill & co are copping the tags, not a bad bloke to have in your team as 4th best midfielder.

If he can get a premiership medal it will be one of the great footy stories we have had, slow bloke who can't kick drafted in a rookie draft after being overlooked by the club he trained with (Essendon) bursts on to the scene and becomes a fantasy footy king, then breaks his leg missing finals. Comes back and is ok but looks a shadow of the player he was heading towards becoming, his first coach is sacked for a bloke who once overlooked him at Stk and reportedly told him he was not good enough and has become an integral part of his midfield.

He is bloody good value on twitter/instagram etc and on his radio spot with 6PR too, what a champion.

Our most underrated player ? The fact he is pushing forward is critical to us when Hill & co are copping the tags, not a bad bloke to have in your team as 4th best midfielder.

If he can get a premiership medal it will be one of the great footy stories we have had, slow bloke who can't kick drafted in a rookie draft after being overlooked by the club he trained with (Essendon) bursts on to the scene and becomes a fantasy footy king, then breaks his leg missing finals. Comes back and is ok but looks a shadow of the player he was heading towards becoming, his first coach is sacked for a bloke who once overlooked him at Stk and reportedly told him he was not good enough and has become an integral part of his midfield.

He is bloody good value on twitter/instagram etc and on his radio spot with 6PR too, what a champion.

Yep genuinely classy individual on and off the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Handballed out for Crozier's first, obviously chased and tackled and would have had another himself for Duffy's 'advantage goal' 10m out, kicked an arsy one himself. 33 possessions, great game.

Fyfe is in monsterous form and Barlow's back up there. We just need Mundy to find that extra dimension and our elite midfield is well and truly back.

All we need is Hill, Neale, Crozier in support and for D. Pearce and De Boer to lift their game and we're back into Flag contention.

Heard Mick on 6p-arrrgh on the way to work this morning. Was asked about his jumper clutching after kicking that long bomb in the 4th quarter.

Said something along the lines of being very passionate about playing for the club, and that playing well for the club means a lot for him personally because of the opportunity that the club gave him. Hope a sound clip comes up at some point, somewhere - such a sincere, heart-on-the-sleeve answer from a champion bloke who will be a one-club player for us. Inspiring stuff.

If Mick leaves, it won't be because he wanted to. If the club trades him out, it would rip the heart and soul out of the playing group because there are probably very few on our list who would bleed purple and genuinely love the footy club as much as Micky B.

Heard Mick on 6p-arrrgh on the way to work this morning. Was asked about his jumper clutching after kicking that long bomb in the 4th quarter.

Said something along the lines of being very passionate about playing for the club, and that playing well for the club means a lot for him personally because of the opportunity that the club gave him. Hope a sound clip comes up at some point, somewhere - such a sincere, heart-on-the-sleeve answer from a champion bloke who will be a one-club player for us. Inspiring stuff.

If Mick leaves, it won't be because he wanted to. If the club trades him out, it would rip the heart and soul out of the playing group because there are probably very few on our list who would bleed purple and genuinely love the footy club as much as Micky B.

Just as well some of the big footy numpties aren't part of the football administration who make these decisions.

After his last contract extension he tweeted tongue in cheek he wanted to extend on a buddy franklin style length of contract.

Bump....

Can anyone make sense of what Mr January has written on his wrist? YBOOL??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back