Michael Clarke announces his retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few recent ex-players have made their way into the media.

I wonder if this latest hoo ha will all blow over or whether individuals are going to hold grudges for years. I mean how long did it take Ian Healy to stop pointing out every single mistake made by or technical flaw in Adam Gilchrist?

Healy still likes to get the odd jab in on Gilly when he can.

Gilly survives by being happy, wealthy and successful, unlike you know, Healy. Kind of funny how their life after cricket has mirrored their cricketing careers.

Katich is doing a bit of radio work lately. i'd like to see him and Clarke in the same commentary box.

The tit for tat stuff is garbage. You'd think someone like Buchanan would have the maturity to not waste his time with it. They all look like Pelicans.

Great post. 'Pelican' is underused :thumbsu:

Healy still likes to get the odd jab in on Gilly when he can.

Gilly survives by being happy, wealthy and successful, unlike you know, Healy. Kind of funny how their life after cricket has mirrored their cricketing careers.

Katich is doing a bit of radio work lately. i'd like to see him and Clarke in the same commentary box.
The ABC don't pay a great deal...no chance of M Clarke appearing in that box anytime soon

How did Hayden 'freeze out' Rogers? Genuinely interested, as I'd not heard it before. I've got to say though, the more I hear about Hayden as time passes, the more I think he's a 'holier than thou' twat.

I never knew he was such a knob until someone directed me to his website, holy s**t what a w***er, just unbelievable. I reckon the full on churchy types can be absolute campaigners to people who aren't believers, I could see him freezing out others.

Hayden is insufferable. Appreciated all the 100s he scored for Australia but just couldn't warm to him.

He strikes me as one of those people who gets more out of people knowing about his faith than he does from his actual faith.

I'm sure his cookbooks are great, though.

How did Hayden 'freeze out' Rogers? Genuinely interested, as I'd not heard it before. I've got to say though, the more I hear about Hayden as time passes, the more I think he's a 'holier than thou' twat.
In a nutshell he was never going to get up for the test, but refused to rule himself out- Rogers was called in as cover but got strong inferences from the big man that he wouldn't be playing so no point getting comfortable. So Rogers elected to stay at home rather than with the team - because of the vibe. History tells us he got a gig but felt like an outsider and played accordingly. Hayden sat over him the whole time like a dog marking its territory.

In a nutshell he was never going to get up for the test, but refused to rule himself out- Rogers was called in as cover but got strong inferences from the big man that he wouldn't be playing so no point getting comfortable. So Rogers elected to stay at home rather than with the team - because of the vibe. History tells us he got a gig but felt like an outsider and played accordingly. Hayden sat over him the whole time like a dog marking its territory.

Is this standard/non-standard practice?

I mean when Rogers debuted he was still playing for WA and the test team had Hussey and Gilchrist established in it. Would Gilchrist and Hussey move to a hotel in the for the week or so the players are all in Perth?

I never knew he was such a knob until someone directed me to his website, holy s**t what a ******, just unbelievable. I reckon the full on churchy types can be absolute campaigners to people who aren't believers, I could see him freezing out others.

This seems more like protecting his spot in the team than anything else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, when I was a little kid, I was picked on at school. I wasn't in the popular group, I was pudgy, a bit clumsy and shy, and so found it hard to make friends. But I got bullied- a lot.

Now, answer me this. Is it my fault that I had a lot of kids bully me at school? According to you, if the majority pick on one person, then the mob must be right. But there are children picked on at school all the time, who don't fit in the more popular groups. Is that then the child's fault for not being just like everyone else?

Those who have opposed the common, the popular, will always be battling alone. But that doesn't mean that they are in the wrong. Maybe it is others who are deluded.

People probably opposed Gandhi, Martin Luther King and many others who spoke out against the trends of the time, and were initially shouted down. Yet they were later to cause change and people changed their initial feelings about them.

Take Jesus Christ. Most of the people turned on him because they didn't like what He said. It doesn't mean that He wasn't right.

You only need one person to be right.

Lol.

Well, when I was a little kid, I was picked on at school. I wasn't in the popular group, I was pudgy, a bit clumsy and shy, and so found it hard to make friends. But I got bullied- a lot.

Now, answer me this. Is it my fault that I had a lot of kids bully me at school? According to you, if the majority pick on one person, then the mob must be right. But there are children picked on at school all the time, who don't fit in the more popular groups. Is that then the child's fault for not being just like everyone else?

Those who have opposed the common, the popular, will always be battling alone. But that doesn't mean that they are in the wrong. Maybe it is others who are deluded.

People probably opposed Gandhi, Martin Luther King and many others who spoke out against the trends of the time, and were initially shouted down. Yet they were later to cause change and people changed their initial feelings about them.

Take Jesus Christ. Most of the people turned on him because they didn't like what He said. It doesn't mean that He wasn't right.

You only need one person to be right.

Using a fictional character to make a point is kind of stupid.

I didn't know Gandhi, Martin Luther King and Jesus Christ* were a bunch a self absorbed, self serving arrogant little shits.

The more you know
Gandhi slept with a group of naked women under the guise of "testing his vow of celibacy". Gotta give him props for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back