Media Milestones For 3 Roys - Aristotle Pickett, Mooch, royboy2

Remove this Banner Ad

roys_header_floating.gif

The Roys FFC are playing their (I'm literally staring at a wall counting in my head right now) 33rd season of Sweet FA footy right now (well not right now, but on Sundays) and I thought it worthwhile to check out some events that occurred as we reverse back through the ages.

So let's go back ... back ... in time. Starting with 6 seasons back.

subheader31.png

The Roys had an "ok" season with an 8th placing followed by instant dismissal at the hands of the Mt Buller Demons. But for now we'll focus on the opening round.

In Round 1, the Side Hawks visited the Roys at the BJO. After a sluggish start in muddy terrain, the home team took control in the second quarter and cruised to a 19 point victory, largely on the highly strung bow of fitzroybowiedog , who bagged 6 goals, and an impressive centreline domination from JackNah_8 .

Also representing the Roys, Aristotle Pickett hit the field for the first time, lining up as rover. He was unfortunately benched for half the match, and returned late in the 3rd to bolster defence - hence the modest return of 7 touches (24DT).
Don't tag me Monkchip, I've got pointy elbows.

Joining the Roys along with Zevon and Wosh , Aristotle Pickett is the only Roy still at the BJO from the class of S31, and continues to improve & impress, demonstrated by a 5 goal haul just this season, in Round 1. He also spent 19 games with the Gumbies, but returned to the Roys in a convulsive fit of coming to his senses.

Congratulations to Aristotle Pickett , 100 Sweet FA games! (81 with Roys FFC, 19 with Gumbies FFC)
Debut: Round 1, Season 31

milestone_ap2.gif
The STOTLE - SweetFA+

Let's shoot back quite a bit further now!

subheader13.png

The Roys had a good season, sneaking into the final 4, but were bustled out by a rampaging Side Hawks outfit in the First Semi Final to the tune of 109 points. So we won't talk about us.

The Wonders, however, had a stellar season, heading the ladder going into finals, already clear on top before the H&As were even over.

In the last H&A round, seemingly as a junk selection with the double chance already sealed, West Coast yanked up a young tyro from the supps and placed him on the ground. In typical Sweet FA fashion, his teammates were consummately supportive:
NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE
Gumbies be sure to welcome the newbie for the last game of the H&A by bringing a spare pair of pants to gift. Don't be stingy now they only have assless chaps. :thumbsu:

This rookie knocked up 5 kicks and 9 handballs (55DT), shutting the stirrers up in a solid debut off a half back flank, being a shining light in a loss to the Gumbies at home, after a topsy-turvy game spread out at the vinegar strokes. Impressing the selectors, he remained on the field for the finals series.

Despite the loss, the Wonders were minor premiers, and went on to win both a Semi Final and a Grand Final, becoming premiers for the Season.

That's right, that noob played 1 H&A, then 2 finals, and picked up a premiership medallion. That noob? That noob was Mooch !

Now let's move forward again for a moment. Rhyme & reason have no place here.

subheader17.png

After 60 games with the Wonders, the endless approaches from the Roys recruiting staff eventually bore fruit, and he crossed to the Gorillas. Mooch's first game was the season opener of S17, versus the Side Hawks.

That first Roys game yielded Mooch 25 possessions and Team-High 92 DT, 2nd only to lunchlady of the Hawks, in a game the Roys won at the Eyrie by 7 points.

Since then Mooch has been a pillar of the Roys over 20 seasons - including regular involvement in the leadership group and probably the only member of said group who can claim to have access to the outside world. This weekend we celebrate Mooch's 350th game with the Roys! (410 overall).

Mooch - 350 Games with Roys FFC (60 more with West Coast Wonders)
Debut: Round 17, Season 13 - Wonders v Gumbies
Roys Debut: Round 1, Season 17 - Roys v Hawks

milestone_mo2.gif
Mooch - SweetFA+

And finally, further back into the distant past.

subheader11.png

In Season 11, the Roys returned to the league after 2 seasons of recess. A lot of fresh new faces could be seen, the club somewhat reinvented after the abomination of their season 08. It is a lot of those new faces for a new era, which form the fabric of the Roys in the rebuild and the Roys we see today.

The Roys had been interchanging wins and losses like a grandfather clock pendulum through the season, and according to that pattern they were due for a loss when Round 6 arrived and a trip to the House of Gumby was in order. It seemed to pattern would be broken with the Roys quick out of the blocks and holding a comfy lead at 3 qtr time. But that old three quarter bogey has been around a long time - it came into play this round, and the Gumbies snuck over the line by 2 points. winty kicked 4 goals in the rain for the home team. don vito of fitzroy scored 3 for the Roys.

Patrolling the half-back line, a noob known as royboy2 held his own on debut. It was a rainy day, so the 14 possessions rb2 amassed (51 DT) made a substantial difference. With better support from his established teammates, perhaps he'd have had an even bigger impact!

1 : 2.31 {lHBF} - Royboy2 trying to offer a lead.
1 : 2.35 {lHBF} - Absolute hanger by Royboy2!.
1 : 2.42 {lHBF} - With the ball is Royboy2.
1 : 2.46 {lHBF} - He takes the opportunity to bounce.
1 : 2.52 {rW} - Boots the ball toward Itsmyshow .
1 : 2.56 {rW} - Top mark - not paid.

Now here we are at Round 3 of Season 37, and there is royboy2, still showing up every week and putting in the hard yards! Congratulations royboy2 on notching up your 450th game this coming weekend!

Royboy2 - 450 Games (all with Roys FFC)
Debut: Round 6, Season 11

milestone_rb2.gif
royboy2 - SweetFA+

Last edited:

View attachment 1905120

The Roys FFC are playing their (I'm literally staring at a wall counting in my head right now) 33rd season of Sweet FA footy right now (well not right now, but on Sundays) and I thought it worthwhile to check out some events that occurred as we reverse back through the ages.

So let's go back ... back ... in time. Starting with 6 seasons back.

View attachment 1905121

The Roys had an "ok" season with an 8th placing followed by instant dismissal at the hands of the Mt Buller Demons. But for now we'll focus on the opening round.

In Round 1, the Side Hawks visited the Roys at the BJO. After a sluggish start in muddy terrain, the home team took control in the second quarter and cruised to a 19 point victory, largely on the highly strung bow of fitzroybowiedog , who bagged 6 goals, and an impressive centreline domination from JackNah_8 .

Also representing the Roys, Aristotle Pickett hit the field for the first time, lining up as rover. He was unfortunately benched for half the match, and returned late in the 3rd to bolster defence - hence the modest return of 7 touches (24DT).

Joining the Roys along with Zevon and Wosh , Aristotle Pickett is the only Roy still at the BJO from the class of S31, and continues to improve & impress, demonstrated by a 5 goal haul just this season, in Round 1. He also spent 19 games with the Gumbies, but returned to the Roys in a convulsive fit of coming to his senses.

Congratulations to Aristotle Pickett , 100 Sweet FA games! (81 with Roys FFC, 19 with Gumbies FFC)
Debut: Round 1, Season 31

View attachment 1905145
The STOTLE - SweetFA+

Let's shoot back quite a bit further now!

View attachment 1905123

The Roys had a good season, sneaking into the final 4, but were bustled out by a rampaging Side Hawks outfit in the First Semi Final to the tune of 109 points. So we won't talk about us.

The Wonders, however, had a stellar season, heading the ladder going into finals, already clear on top before the H&As were even over.

In the last H&A round, seemingly as a junk selection with the double chance already sealed, West Coast yanked up a young tyro from the supps and placed him on the ground. In typical Sweet FA fashion, his teammates were consummately supportive:

This rookie knocked up 5 kicks and 9 handballs (55DT), shutting the stirrers up in a solid debut off a half back flank, being a shining light in a loss to the Gumbies at home, after a topsy-turvy game spread out at the vinegar strokes. Impressing the selectors, he remained on the field for the finals series.

Despite the loss, the Wonders were minor premiers, and went on to win both a Semi Final and a Grand Final, becoming premiers for the Season.

That's right, that noob played 1 H&A, then 2 finals, and picked up a premiership medallion. That noob? That noob was Mooch !

Now let's move forward again for a moment. Rhyme & reason have no place here.

View attachment 1905125

After 60 games with the Wonders, the endless approaches from the Roys recruiting staff eventually bore fruit, and he crossed to the Gorillas. Mooch's first game was the season opener of S17, versus the Side Hawks.

That first Roys game yielded Mooch 25 possessions and Team-High 92 DT, 2nd only to lunchlady of the Hawks, in a game the Roys won at the Eyrie by 7 points.

Since then Mooch has been a pillar of the Roys over 20 seasons - including regular involvement in the leadership group and probably the only member of said group who can claim to have access to the outside world. This weekend we celebrate Mooch's 350th game with the Roys! (410 overall).

Mooch - 350 Games with Roys FFC (60 more with West Coast Wonders)
Debut: Round 17, Season 13 - Wonders v Gumbies
Roys Debut: Round 1, Season 17 - Roys v Hawks

View attachment 1905146
Mooch - SweetFA+

And finally, further back into the distant past.

View attachment 1905129

In Season 11, the Roys returned to the league after 2 seasons of recess. A lot of fresh new faces could be seen, the club somewhat reinvented after the abomination of their season 08. It is a lot of those new faces for a new era, which form the fabric of the Roys in the rebuild and the Roys we see today.

The Roys had been interchanging wins and losses like a grandfather clock pendulum through the season, and according to that pattern they were due for a loss when Round 6 arrived and a trip to the House of Gumby was in order. It seemed to pattern would be broken with the Roys quick out of the blocks and holding a comfy lead at 3 qtr time. But that old three quarter bogey has been around a long time - it came into play this round, and the Gumbies snuck over the line by 2 points. winty kicked 4 goals in the rain for the home team. don vito of fitzroy scored 3 for the Roys.

Patrolling the half-back line, a noob known as royboy2 held his own on debut. It was a rainy day, so the 14 possessions rb2 amassed (51 DT) made a substantial difference. With better support from his established teammates, perhaps he'd have had an even bigger impact!

1 : 2.31 {lHBF} - Royboy2 trying to offer a lead.
1 : 2.35 {lHBF} - Absolute hanger by Royboy2!.
1 : 2.42 {lHBF} - With the ball is Royboy2.
1 : 2.46 {lHBF} - He takes the opportunity to bounce.
1 : 2.52 {rW} - Boots the ball toward Itsmyshow .
1 : 2.56 {rW} - Top mark - not paid.

Now here we are at Round 3 of Season 37, and there is royboy2, still showing up every week and putting in the hard yards! Congratulations royboy2 on notching up your 450th game this coming weekend!

Royboy2 - 450 Games (all with Roys FFC)
Debut: Round 6, Season 11

View attachment 1905152
royboy2 - SweetFA+
Congrats Mooch Aristotle Pickett and royboy2

Legends the bunch of you

Honourable fellas that deserve the accolades! Congrats on the achievements.

Season 17 Applause GIF by America's Got Talent

Last edited:
Jeez what a write up. Thanks Mobbs 😍😍 I felt really old right up until royboy2's write up 🤣

350 with the Roys is an honour and a privilege. I want 350 more and another 1,000 goals. Just don't make me work for it. I'm allergic to work.

Many congratulations on your big old things, Aristotle Pickett, Mooch, and royboy2!

Gads, so many big things, I can't even remember the vast array of different games in your respective Qareers...

well, Black Flag's got your big old things covered (if your name is Kira Roessler, anyway)

"my name is Henry, I've got the 1 1/2"

Many congratulations on your big old things, Aristotle Pickett, Mooch, and royboy2!

Gads, so many big things, I can't even remember the vast array of different games in your respective Qareers...

well, Black Flag's got your big old things covered (if your name is Kira Roessler, anyway)

"my name is Henry, I've got the 1 1/2"

Classic stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back