Official Match Thread Season 37, Round 3 – Heritage Round - East Side Hawks v Roys FFC at Wally Centre of Excellence

Remove this Banner Ad

That goal which bent baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak was one of the loudest baaaaaaaaaaaaaa's I'd ever seen you do
Credit for the composure to kick the sealer, Callums_Guns brilliant goal seconds after was the icing on the cake

Commiserations Roys - almost made the Hawks pay for their inaccuracy

Thank you to the script writers - you let me touch the ball this week!

Woo hoo!!

Woo Hoo Season 5 GIF by Friends

4 : 24.08 {FF} - Bending baaaaaaaaaaaaack... GOAL. Strigoi 's kicked 3.
East Side Hawks : 21.13.139
Roys FFC : 22.5.137

4 : 24.12 {C} - No-one can win the tapout.
4 : 24.18 {lW} - Who wants it? Zoops does. Great stuff.
4 : 24.22 {lHFF} - Long handpass to the running Callums_Guns.
4 : 24.26 {lHFF} - Monster shot at goal from Callums_Guns.
4 : 24.28 {lHFF} - Callums_Guns 's dobbed it.
East Side Hawks : 22.13.145

4 : 24.32 {C} - MP_ had that ruck contest all to themself.
4 : 24.4 {C} - Pure Grunt looks downfield.
4 : 24.45 {C} - What a tackle by TY24.
4 : 24.47 {lW} - Zoops with some space now.
4 : 24.51 {lW} - Zoops has time to take a bounce.
4 : 24.55 {rHFF} - That's a real up and under.
4 : 24.57 {rHFF} - jackenny is the target but he's outplayed by SpecialBruce.
=====================================
SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 4
East Side Hawks : 22.13.145
=====================================

Match Over!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!

Way to give me a heart attack, but what a stirling comeback. One for the ages, Hawkies.

Thanks for the week Roys. I think it’s only up from here for you. You pushed us all the way and allowed us to show what we were really made of.

That goal which bent baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak was one of the loudest baaaaaaaaaaaaaa's I'd ever seen you do
Credit for the composure to kick the sealer, Callums_Guns brilliant goal seconds after was the icing on the cake

I wasn’t so much inaccurate as I was having an opponent hand superglued to my boots?

Epic effort from Strigoi in the last quarter

I love my team of campaigners

Bad luck roys thanks for the fun week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for posting MWPP intense game and was well delivered albeit a few quick edits would have been nice 😆

Thanks MWPP and hidden pleton and especially the Hawks who hosted this game and got the old Waverley Oval into tip top condition for its first match in ages! Enjoyed the hospitality and the welcome and and the facilities and well the game was too fast-paced for these old bones which is why I spent half the match on the bench. Great to see some old names out and about! Amazingly high skilled game by both sides and what a corker throughout. Always felt terrified from start to finish and yet sometimes I saw the eyes of my opponents and they weren't any more serene. Just a heartstopper entire. Hated not holding onto that lead with only a minute to shut up shop but credit to the East Side team for just getting back into the centre and powering their way back in front thru pure will. boncer34 and Tarkyn_24 and MP_ especially made the week a heap of fun but there were many more who also kicked in and kept the thread lively! Unfortunately the same folks also kicked a *tonne of goals which I appreciate somewhat less.

Our 'rillas have not fared well on the road thus far this season, but soon we'll be back home where we'll take some stock and perhaps make soup. We lost the game today but it sure wasn't through a lack of effort and application - everyone bled hard for the ball and threw everything into the match. Yes I know that leaves only being s**t as the alternative end of this dichotomy, but you can always get less s**t, you can't get less ... nah this isn't making sense so lets just go to the Waverley Tavern and power back a few Agains. On the field, great performance from JackNah_8 at CHF which is something we may explore on a more regular basis! Reardo again controlled his position and is a bit of a Broken smoky at this stage. Well done to some of the unsung heroes like _Mike_ and DERRINALPHIL (who I lambasted for being quiet but now I see had a day out in the ruck). Commiserations to such folk as Mooch and SpecialBruce who had a hard time with the rotations, but its early season and we're testing stuff out until we get too far behind to make a run for the finals.

The whole thread was a pearler. Thanks all!

Last edited:
Had to leave at 3/4 time - was surprised by that nailbiter - what is with the scriptwriter and his desire to Destroy the Roy.
Well done Hawks, the footy may not always have been champagne, but the banter was, and always a pleasure to spumante with you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back