Millewa 2010 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2010 season

So round 1 lads, predictions, standouts, etc... what are everyones thoughts? Any last minute clearances?

I have one big question, is Belly going to play this year and if so how many games? Will he just play enough to qualify for finals?

snuck down and watched Bambill v Golly.
Golly should of won by over 100 points and the scoreboard flattered Bambill.
Last quarter Golly just stuffed around with it in the backline and coughed up a few cheapies.
Hoops tried hard at fullback but the delivery was too good and the Hawk full forward took some very strong grabs.
"Wato?" from Golly was great, steaming out of the back half.
Anderson and the whole Hawks backline is very good.
But if other teams are reading this.....heres a tip.
alway keep players on the left hand side wing coming out
He always turns to the left hand side wing to get out of trouble.
EVERYTIME!

The bald headed bloke for Golly played well in the midfield.

Bambill, slow. or are Golly just quick?
All in all, i think Bambill will get better, but are looking big and slow.
Hall needs to do more in the ruck and around the ground
nothing really damaging in the midfield
I dont think Hasse even got a kick? I could be wrong.
But he did lead strongly.

Golly just too good all over the ground.
Impressive

The Ladder for round 1

Werrimul 4 280.43
Cardross 4 158.53
Gol Gol 4 156.97
Merringur 4 ------
------------------------------
Bambill - 63.70
Euston - 63.07
Nangiloc - 35.65

Not sure that it was an upset (as the papers make out) about Cardy beating Euston.
Most of us know Euston have been struggling over the preseason.

The most impressive game would of been the pies beating Nangy by so much.
That second spot in the grand final is up for spots.

watched the cardy euston game and cardy looked good ran well and ran for 4 quarters dunno how Harro got in the best after tellin the coach to get stuffed might be a clearance coming again from harro

must be him.
I didnt have a guide to check.
Played well
My best on ground was ( all i heard being yelled out) Wato.
Really liked his game
Yeah i would tip Watto for the league medal, well and truly a class above the Millewa. A convincing win by Golly and apparently still plenty of quality players to return, will be very hard for Bambill to or anyone for that matter to beat this season.

Not sure that it was an upset (as the papers make out) about Cardy beating Euston.
Most of us know Euston have been struggling over the preseason.

The most impressive game would of been the pies beating Nangy by so much.
That second spot in the grand final is up for spots.

How have Euston been struggling? Been getting over twenty all preseason

R2 tips

Cardross vs Meringur Cardross Football Ground

Gol Gol vs Euston Gol Gol Football Ground

Werrimull vs Bambill Lake Cullulleraine
BYE Nangiloc

Cardross Vs Meringur - Cardy to start the season with 2 from 2 against sides pushing for the finals, handy start. Meringur will improve but Cardy with a game under the belt will be too strong.

Golly Vs Euston - This could get ugly, i see Belly is in, if he plays a half i would say he'll kick about 8+ goals.

Werrimull Vs Bambill - Hopefully a real close contest all day with the Pies by a few points!

great round actually...golly will smash everyone...so thats just a given. but the two improvers pies and cardy will be the games.
Cardy did well against euston but we really dont know how good euston are. if they beat the roos....well then they are a chance for finals from this early stage.
the pies played a underdone and underman nangi last week. but this game against bambil will be different. in two ways...how well are the pies going...and how much have bambil slipped.

The big positive from this year so far.....yes one game....but there actually could be some competition.
Last year we knew bambil golly would be one two...we new euston would be third.....and after a few rounds in we knew that it was either going to be nangi or merringa for that last spot.
which made it pretty boring really.
but this year is different. i can guarentee that nangi will improve from that first game. cardy and werrimul allready have shown improvement. euston and bambil may come back to the pack....and we dont know about the roos yet....again...makes for a interesting year...good for the millewa i say

Well here are my predictions for round 2
Cardross by 38 points will be too strong for the roos in their first outing for the year cardy too much legs for the roos
Golly by 120 points cannot see euston doin too much this year and golly way to strong belly 12 goals
Bambill by 23 points see a close game here but bambill will have the class over werrimul and after a loss will bounce back

r2
8.6-54 Cardross def. by Meringur 9.10-64
24.14-158 Gol Gol def. Euston 7.4-46
17.12-114 Werrimull def. Bambill 13.11-89

Hello BigBad Bambills, what time will we be seeing you walk down the mall backwards, you guys were absolutley brained yesterday. :D:D:D GO THE MAGGIES

Yes we were trained Mr.Tierney,:eek: but we do have a fair few out ( one guy who is still in melbourne hospital), no excuses but, you guys kicked alot straighter early on which helped,

double up? BBB 2009-10

Yes we were trained Mr.Tierney,:eek: but we do have a fair few out ( one guy who is still in melbourne hospital), no excuses but, you guys kicked alot straighter early on which helped,

double up? BBB 2009-10

Thats right no excuses, I could say we have Jamie Keenan , Matty Leader Phil Gourlay to come back into the side and Sam Curran in another month if his knee comes up alright. Also Simon Prymke could be moving home and I'm sure i'll find a spot for him in the side.

But.... you put your best side on the field each week and thats how you get judged.. as coach I wasn't happy with our second half of 3 goals 11 behinds, as we should of won by 10+ Goals. I'm sure next time we meet both line ups will be near full tilt and should be a cracker match.

But you still haven't told us when you'll bare your arse down the mall?????? :eek::eek:

Thats right no excuses, I could say we have Jamie Keenan , Matty Leader Phil Gourlay to come back into the side and Sam Curran in another month if his knee comes up alright. Also Simon Prymke could be moving home and I'm sure i'll find a spot for him in the side.

But.... you put your best side on the field each week and thats how you get judged.. as coach I wasn't happy with our second half of 3 goals 11 behinds, as we should of won by 10+ Goals. I'm sure next time we meet both line ups will be near full tilt and should be a cracker match.

But you still haven't told us when you'll bare your arse down the mall?????? :eek::eek:
Rotten Ronnie have you got hold of it again? BOOOOM:D

Jesus, Golly win by over 100 points and still have Vandendberg, Big Robbo, Crane, Albert and the best of the lot Belly to come back in!! They miss their starting midfield and the best forward to have played in Sunraysia over the past 10 years and still smack sides, thats impressive!

yeah.
Its obviously not a good time to be spending big time on players right now.
Anyone with a little bit of business nous will know that.
With the way Golly is , no-one will come near them this year.
Better off using your money more wisely than getting belted in a grand final.

I know what you mean Rocket it's similar to when i was at Cardy in 07, we easily took care of the other sides but Bambill were miles ahead of us. It's out of your control so all you can do is go out and play like you normally would and hope the planets align for you.
I still think the runners up deserve a fair bit of credit because it isn't easy for any team to reach a Grand Final and that includes Golly.

I know what you mean Rocket it's similar to when i was at Cardy in 07, we easily took care of the other sides but Bambill were miles ahead of us. It's out of your control so all you can do is go out and play like you normally would and hope the planets align for you.
I still think the runners up deserve a fair bit of credit because it isn't easy for any team to reach a Grand Final and that includes Golly.

Skeet, my friend, you survived the bambill game! Thought they were out for your head! Guess they were all talk mate!:D:D:D Sensational to see the Pies beat the saints! Is there rumblings at the pearly gates of the saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good to see meringur get up to, hope the little nugget got a kick!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back