Remove this Banner Ad

bigman

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2004
All Parts
AFL Club
Adelaide
The game last night indicated the following:

Our forward line has little idea about trying to create sapce, particualrly on the fat side of the ground.

We kick the ball long which is OK as long as you have someone who can take a pack mark - we do not. Its time to abandon this manourvre or get a tall into the side who can take a mark.

I would look at picking Watts as our next CHF, and place Perrie in a pocket, or to come off the bench.

I would leave Jericho on a HFF for a few weeks and move Welsh to a half forward where he is much better suited. He cannot play at FF any more, except in the course of a rotation .

I would look at bringing back Stevo for the next few games. he can play at FF and give us a leading target to kick to.

I would also look at bringing in Ladhams as a crumbing forward. He can at least kick a goal from 40 metres out.

I would move Burton to full forward at certain times of the match to create a mismatch.

I would never ever again think of playing BIglands in the forward lines. He does not have the ability and brainpower to play in this part of the ground. We will have to wait until Meeson and Maric are ready to take up the demands of AFL football before we can do much more.

What we need is some creativity up forward. Playing the current structure for the whole game is clearly not working. Play one player in the forward 50, play two, etc. but lets try and be a bit unpredicatable to the oppositon whilst we wait for a Messiah who can play like a JOnathan Brown.

bigman said:
I would never ever again think of playing BIglands in the forward lines. He does not have the ability and brainpower to play in this part of the ground. We will have to wait until Meeson and Maric are ready to take up the demands of AFL football before we can do much more.
AFC have been crazy trying to develop Biglands, a known dodo, as a KPP - something which he will never be capable, except in the occasssional pinch-hitting role. This has put back his ruck development (given he is not capable of thinking about dual roles) & means we are now best trading him at year end.

I reckon we are better off playing Meeson (who has a huge future) now as a backup to Hudson until Clarke returns from injury. How far off is he?

Kane McGoodwin said:
AFC have been crazy trying to develop Biglands, a known dodo, as a KPP - something which he will never be capable, except in the occasssional pinch-hitting role. This has put back his ruck development (given he is not capable of thinking about dual roles) & means we are now best trading him at year end.

I reckon we are better off playing Meeson (who has a huge future) now as a backup to Hudson until Clarke returns from injury. How far off is he?

I actually thought the mehs last two or three games have been much better and even though it might have been because of injuries, and it was a wet night and even Brown had a bad game, we actually had two ruckmen on the field at one time. (No offence to Rutten about the Brown comment).
His rucking has improved and his forward field play at least he does make the effort, takes a couple of marks and passes pretty well. Pity a few of the regular forwards took more of his efforts, we would win more bloody games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back