Past Mitch Clark #1 (2006-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mitch Clark

With his management team pumping him up it is clear that he hasn't signed with GWS or why would they bother continuing to try and drive up his price.

I'm not sure the shameless attempts to pump up Clark's tyres are doing him any favours. It is coming across as a poor reflection of his character. If I were him I would have a word with his manager, and tell him to stop blowing so much smoke up his arse. It's overblown to point of ridicule and is making him look like a tool.

Absolutely. They have bungled the whole thing terribly. His brand has been damaged in a big way.

We may end up getting him for a bargain. Hold tight Dr Kerr.

Absolutely. They have bungled the whole thing terribly. His brand has been damaged in a big way.

We may end up getting him for a bargain. Hold tight Dr Kerr.

what would a bargain price be :rolleyes: really hope the club digs its heals in on this guy
sorry but its fair to say if players think there worth more than what the club can handle both partys need to move on
2nd day on not sure if im being to harsh:confused:

what would a bargain price be :rolleyes: really hope the club digs its heals in on this guy
sorry but its fair to say if players think there worth more than what the club can handle both partys need to move on
2nd day on not sure if im being to harsh:confused:

isnt he on 450k alreay after signing a 2 year contract post his AA shortlist year form? So there is no chance we can get him for a bargain as he would need to take a paycut. Seriously, this guy is really only worth 300-350k which is why all teams are going cold on him in consideration of his asking price

isnt he on 450k alreay after signing a 2 year contract post his AA shortlist year form? So there is no chance we can get him for a bargain as he would need to take a paycut. Seriously, this guy is really only worth 300-350k which is why all teams are going cold on him in consideration of his asking price

yeh i agree with the worth only 300 - 350 i think if mitch stays at the club for the same price his on now i think i could handle that but theres no way in snow flakes hell he is in line for a pay rise!

While definately a believer in going where the money is to set yourself up....I'm still stunned that someone cannot be satisfied and not greedy and wanting more when they are already getting $450,000 a year!!

Michael Voss desperate for off-contract star Mitch Clark to sign new deal with Brisbane Lions
  • Greg Davis
  • August 26, 2011 12:00AM
Clark has a foot injury and the out-of-contract ruckman/forward will also have surgery on a knee problem today.

"We'd like to (step up negotiations), certainly. It's not lost on me (that Clark could have played his final game for Brisbane)," Voss said.

"Hopefully it's not his last game for the club. You don't want to think about it but you'd be really disappointed if it was. He's part of the leadership group. It would be nice to think we can accelerate things a little bit but that's to be determined by both parties."

clark53.jpg

Mitch will stay: Voss

Voss said negotiations well under way, adding he was very optimistic of retaining Clark.

"We'll wait and see. We've stated our case of what we want. We've gone down the process of engaging, there's been dialogue that's happened, so it's just a matter of making sure that gets to the next step," Voss said.

"He's a required player here. You've got to have a good strong stable group coming together and that takes time, and I see some of those signs coming together.

I'm not sure about the media angle we're trying to play here. Most quotes from the recent stories seem to all be from the same interview. Hope we're not trying to pressure him through the media to stay...even though his management might be trying to use the same avenues to build his price.

Jonathan Brown

Yet for versatility, Mitch Clark, who will not play again this season due to injury, is the pick of them. Not only is Clark a top-shelf ruckman, as he showed when he was stiff to miss All-Australian selection in 2009, but he can play key forward, centre half-back and even wing. That he can focus on his role up forward while providing back-up ruck support makes perfect under the new rules.

clark52.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your AFL club's trade bait
By Paul Pickering and John Clark

BRISBANE LIONS

The big fish: East Fremantle export Mitch Clark has been linked with the Dockers and looms as a key target for GWS, but the six-year Lion is understood to be reluctant to move his young family. With Matthew Leuenberger making the first-ruck role his own and Jonathan Brown a commanding forward target, Brisbane might test the trade waters.

clark77.jpg

From the same article on his manager's website.

Expected by who?

I'd be surprised if he went top 10. I'd be baffled if he went top 5.

Maybe he just thinks that we will have handed him votes so when he went to GWS we would get greater compensation:eek:

Michael Voss

He denied reports out-of-contract star Mitch Clark was due to have surgery on an Achilles problem, but confirmed he had been booked in yesterday for a knee operation.

clark82.jpg

For some reason I find myself wanting Clark to stay more and more. He just needs to be let off his leash and not pine for goals so much. As he showed in the Adelaide game when he roams and does his own thing around the half forward area and up the ground a bit he's an amazing player.

I'd really like him to stay, all in all. But that's on the onus that if he stays he's a Lion for life. If he goes it wouldn't be as bad as say, losing Leuey or Rockliff or Rich but I'd like to keep this young group together and I think he could thrive at the club. If he takes his eyes off the dollars and thinks about his career and the talent he has (often tucked away, I admit) then he'd realise staying with us is the right choice.

Still, we'd get good compensation for him so I'm not too sure where I'm going. I've just realised that recently I've gone from indifferent to thinking it'd be good to hang on to him.

In the reports it's been said that Mitch doesn't want to leave because of family.. did he get married and have kids in Brisbane?

Also, i find it amusing that people don't think he warrants a $600k contract. Sure he's had a couple of tough seasons, but would you take a pay-cut to remain in the same job if you haven't performed to expectation? Most of us would probably answer that question "no". Even the most reasonable person would fight tooth and nail to stay on the same money, if not better, if they can get it elsewhere.

Also, i find it amusing that people don't think he warrants a $600k contract. Sure he's had a couple of tough seasons, but would you take a pay-cut to remain in the same job if you haven't performed to expectation? Most of us would probably answer that question "no". Even the most reasonable person would fight tooth and nail to stay on the same money, if not better, if they can get it elsewhere.

Pay cut?

No way on earth he is currently on 600k a season. Unless Gubby was a bigger moron than we think.

Pay cut?

No way on earth he is currently on 600k a season. Unless Gubby was a bigger moron than we think.

600k for his new contract. 600k is what's being bandied around by the media as his asking price is it not? I thought he's on 500k, so add three years worth of inflation at 3.5% and it's around $560k would be what his "equivalent" worth would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back