Past Mitch Clark #1 (2006-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mitch Clark

He has been carring an injury since the North Melbourne game when he pulled up cropy I think. I had to watch the match again becuse my cousin came to stay and is a North fan do you think Melbourne would look at him I know thay have Jamar and Martin but as a Forward they could be good with a strong Key Forward with their midfield

He has been carring an injury since the North Melbourne game when he pulled up cropy I think. I had to watch the match again becuse my cousin came to stay and is a North fan do you think Melbourne would look at him I know thay have Jamar and Martin but as a Forward they could be good with a strong Key Forward with their midfield

Yeah, I noticed it against Adelaide, and they made him do a fitness test just before the game against Collingwood as well.

He wasn't good on Saturday night - he seems to not want to go into a marking contest at all in the last few weeks.

But the niggling injury and his personal issues with his family mean we shouldn't be too hard on him.

Whilst i still think he is no where near what he should be, i'm sure this has been a hard year for Clark. Personal issues can have a big influence, mix into that contract talk and now finishing the year with a niggle and it's understandable that he has had a down year.

He really needs to get his affairs sorted over the off season.

Whilst i still think he is no where near what he should be, i'm sure this has been a hard year for Clark. Personal issues can have a big influence, mix into that contract talk and now finishing the year with a niggle and it's understandable that he has had a down year.

Do those same excuses apply to last season too?

Do those same excuses apply to last season too?

Obviously not.

I can't speak for chopper, but I was specifically talking about some of his woeful efforts in contests that have just been evident in just the last few weeks.

The overall big ups and downs seem to have been with him for a while. He just can't seem to play the forward role consistently well. Although he has always appeared better when he has been able to spend some time up the ground at CHF - I think the injury would be impacting on that.

Mitch Clark may have played last game for Lions as Fremantle, Richmond, Sydney, GWS chase off-contract star
  • Greg Davis
  • August 25, 2011 12:00AM
The out-of-contract forward/ruckman is under an injury cloud and is in doubt for Saturday's clash with West Coast at the Gabba - Brisbane's second-last outing of 2011. Clark hobbled to Lions training yesterday on crutches with his foot in a surgical moon boot.
If he misses the showdown with the Eagles it is unlikely he would play against Sydney in the Lions' final fixture for the year.
As part of Brisbane's strategy to "manage" the injury, Clark will not train this week to give his foot the best possible chance of coming good in time for the match against the Eagles.

clark85.jpg

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/08/25/voss-confident-clark-will-stay/

Voss claims he has witnessed encouraging signs from the big forward in recent weeks that he will stay and take a new contract.

“Very hopeful. Certainly what we’ve seen around the club is that all things are pointing well,” Voss told Fairfax radio.

“We’re in constant chatter with his management.

“He’s maintained from the very start he wants to see out the season and we’ve respected that.

“It doesn’t mean that chats don’t happen and they are.

“That’s all I’ve got to go off.

“If that’s what to go of, then it’s looking promising.

“But obviously the finality of that will be done at the end of the season.”

Its actually quite sad reading some of the posts in this thread from page 30 onwards.
Looked like being quite a star on the rise but the last 2 seasons he has really slowed down in development, other then his goal kicking of course. Looked like being a long term Lions player too. Goes to show we should never get ahead of ourselves with our youngsters, who knows what will happen in a couple of years. I feel indifferent whether he stays or goes.

Clark's mangager's website

Mitch Clark's season ends early
By Kim Hagdorn
25 August 2011 04:15PM EST

BRISBANE Lions big man Mitch Clark will miss the final two games of the AFL season with a serious calf injury.

Clark, 23, is expected to enter hospital for surgery to his Achilles heel a day before the Lions last home game of another disastrous season with just four wins for Brisbane.

Clark has not trained this week but is expected to be named in the Lions starting line-up to confront the strong West Coast defence, but the big Lion appears certain to be withdrawn on Friday.

clark59.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That article is hilariously bad.

How do you have surgery on your Achilles Heel?

Also, another disastrous season for the Lions? What's that dumb**** trying to say?

Also, he won't finish that high in the B & F.

Surely this has got to do us some favours. No one will be willing to pay 600k for him. I'll be happy if we snag him for 400-450ish.

From the same article on his manager's website.

Clark is expected to figure in Brisbane’s top levels of 2011 fairest-and-best voting

Expected by who?

I'd be surprised if he went top 10. I'd be baffled if he went top 5.

Something very funny going on there.

We know Hackdorn goes straight to Clark's manager for info.

So why would they release info about Clark's injury and impending surgery despite Clark ostensibly being named in the Lions line-up?

Does not add up.

Does not look like it will end well.

Something very funny going on there.

We know Hackdorn goes straight to Clark's manager for info.

So why would they release info about Clark's injury and impending surgery despite Clark ostensibly being named in the Lions line-up?

Does not add up.

Does not look like it will end well.

They did the same with Rich leading into that Freo game. He hadn't signed at that stage.

I'm not sure the shameless attempts to pump up Clark's tyres are doing him any favours. It is coming across as a poor reflection of his character. If I were him I would have a word with his manager, and tell him to stop blowing so much smoke up his arse. It's overblown to point of ridicule and is making him look like a tool.

I get a strong feeling that this "manager" has led Mitch up the garden path somewhat...and that had he been managed by someone else, things may not be where they are now..

I'm not sure the shameless attempts to pump up Clark's tyres are doing him any favours. It is coming across as a poor reflection of his character. If I were him I would have a word with his manager, and tell him to stop blowing so much smoke up his arse. It's overblown to point of ridicule and is making him look like a tool.

It will probably end with a big paycheque for Mitch, but from where we are at the moment I think that Mitch's management has played this negotiation game very wrong this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back