Draft Profile Mitchell Marsh

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember he played ff on Hurley in the 2008 Championship. Think he got one kick and was outclassed. Good wicket if you can make a test debut with a first class average of 25 !

I remember he played ff on Hurley in the 2008 Championship. Think he got one kick and was outclassed. Good wicket if you can make a test debut with a first class average of 25 !
Michael Clarke had a poor first class average and got into the team on limited overs form once upon a time and look how that's turned out

Considering Marsh is an all-rounder, his batting average isn't the only thing people are judging him on.

Michael Clarke had a poor first class average and got into the team on limited overs form once upon a time and look how that's turned out

Michael Clarke's FC batting average at the time of his first Test for Australia was 37.84 (3,065 runs, 86 innings, 5 not outs, 11 hundreds, 11 fifties). Not outstanding, but considering he was just 23 at the time, I think his potential was pretty obvious.

Averaged 49 over the past 12 months including a double century for Australia A.

Its part of a bigger issue - Too many first class players struggle to average 40+ - It rarely leads to a successful test career - As a point of comparison, Glenn Maxwell is the one who should be promoted - Think you'll find that Maxwell has averaged more than 49 in the last 12 months.

Its part of a bigger issue - Too many first class players struggle to average 40+ - It rarely leads to a successful test career - As a point of comparison, Glenn Maxwell is the one who should be promoted - Think you'll find that Maxwell has averaged more than 49 in the last 12 months.

Maxwell doesn't provide a third pace option so we can play two spinners

Maxwell also doesn't average more than 49, gets out in *ed ways and doesn't have the double century.
Double centuries are something selectors notice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back