Oppo Camp Most Hated Opposition Club (Richmond Supporters Only)

Which club do you love to hate and why?

• Carlton

Votes: 36 34.0%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Essendon

Votes: 45 42.5%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Other-Please state

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Norf-by popular demand

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Norf-by popular demand

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton by a country mile

Worst club and worst supporters and worst posters on BigfootyBigfooty

Carlton by an absolute country mile I was 8 in 1982 and remember the Carlton supporter throwing a bar stool through the tv in disgust that we were winning, when they came back and won I learnt how to be graceful in defeat the exact opposite of how that arrogant man was !

I know what your trying to say... But Fev & Cho in the same sentence, made me throw up . Bit like that Racist female character on little Britton. (The one that tastes stuff at the fairs. Made by folks from non Brit cultures)...:p
He was Carlton's Richo in a sense. But Richo is 100 times the person Fev is, don't get me wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back in the late Eighties when our great club was in some very precarious financial straights and launched our S.O.S. campaign North Melbourne came out and said something along the lines of if a club can not stand on it's own feet then it should shut up shop and close the doors. Effectively North Melbourne called for the end of our club yet pretty much since then despite winning premierships have had their hands out for everything the AFL will give them.

Disgusting bunch of hypocrites that should follow their own advice.

Anyone who says they are a Richmond supporter and does not dislike this shithole of a club is not being serious. Remember that club wanted to see the death of ours.

Used to be Melbourne, now it's Essendon.

Sat across the table from a bloke a month ago who was arguing that Essendon were stitched up by the AFL and the real disgrace was the Bulldogs, because they didn't have a captain or a coach.

Could not talk to him.

1 The Institute of Hirdism is number 1 for me by the length of the Flemington straight. Players getting jabbed every week to gain an advantage and risking their future health but the club and its supporters insisting that they have done nothing wrong. I hear this everywhere from bomber supporters-at work, at social functions..everywhere.

2. Collingwood- were no 1 on my list until the head of the Hirdists helped Essendon easily overtake the pies.
Its been too long since we have beaten the pies.
Feral supporters who are traditionally sore losers.
The cringeworthy bond the pies supporters form with bomber supporters on Anzac day will keep them at no 2 on my list for a longtime.

3. Hawthorn- close to the pies on my list. Win a grand final by 12 goals and we will hear from them for many months from their supporters on how good they are.
Tip them to miss the top 4 on the '2015 ladder thread' on the main board at your own peril, even if you tip them to finish as high as 5th with the possibility of a back to back premiership hangover and ageing players.
We have seen a few hawk premierships and when they win a grand final by a big margin it is a huge anticlimax to the season.
The smug look on Clarkson's face in the coaches box.
The fact that for many years they have rammed down our throats that they are 'the family club', cringeworthy Brady bunch style, but they have made similar decisions to other clubs over the years. I read once that Don Scott did not talk to teammates for a long time. Family club my foot.

4.StKilda - Supporter at work carrying on like a little kid and rubbing it in during the 13 game winning streak they had against us from 2003-2011. Drove me crazy. Yes it took just one supporter for me to rank the saints at no 4.

5. Carlton- One of our main rivals but I was not born in 1972 when they beat us and was too young to remember 1982. Painful defeat in the elimination final in 2013 but at least their long winning run with big wins against us has stopped. More even contests now with a couple of tiger wins lately.
Overall from personal experience I have not faced major problems with blues supporters. Most tend to direct their bitterness towards Collingwood or Essendon rather than the tigers. A couple of mates of mine are Carlton supporters and I can have some decent discussions on footy with some friendly banter.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if the team you hate most is as hard to change as the team you barrack for.

Every story needs a villain as much as it needs a hero. Perhaps even more so. James Bond doesn't get much cooler than when he is fighting this bloke:

nq4md5.png

I've never liked Vickery more than when he scrambled that goal with 5 minutes to go against Carlton last year. It wouldn't have felt the same if he'd done that against Brisbane.

Collingwood by a campaignertry mile.

It's the fans, it's the 'coll-ing-wo ood' chant that goes up when they get a point ahead, it's two-tooth Joffa, it's the 80's trades where we royally ****ed each other and almost went under, it's the history of two working-class rivals that hated each other from the get go, it's their stupid jumper and campaigner song, it's a fat git named Eddie, it's Mabo, it's the vibe.

I just ******* hate them.

Robert Gordon Menzies, John Elliott, Pratt, brown paper bags and cheating, arrogance and 1982. They are the club of the lumpen bourgeoisie, the vile blue essence of everything that Richmond isn't and the reason why, whatever his limitations as a person and a footballer and however disappointing his refusal to bring his talents to the service of Richmond in retirement, Neil Balme will forever be a hero in my eyes.

Geelong. That whole club, from the administration to the supporter base seem to have forgotten that history started before 2007.

PS, when writing the above post I wanted to add in the stripper from 1982 but I couldn't remember her name. Instead the name of "Helen Demidenko" keeps popping into my head - the name of the anti-Semitic fraud who pretended to be a Ukrainian to win the Miles Franklin. It just occurred to me that, while I don't know or care who "Helen Demidenko" barracks for - as an anti-Semitic fraud, Carlton would be a good fit.

PS, when writing the above post I wanted to add in the stripper from 1982 but I couldn't remember her name. Instead the name of "Helen Demidenko" keeps popping into my head - the name of the anti-Semitic fraud who pretended to be a Ukrainian to win the Miles Franklin. It just occurred to me that, while I don't know or care who "Helen Demidenko" barracks for - as an anti-Semitic fraud, Carlton would be a good fit.

Helen D'Amico?

Back