Opinion Most Underated & Overated player from each team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Underated : Overated IMO
Adelaide: Mitch Hinge(UR) / Chayce Jones (OR)
Brisbane: Daniher/ McCluggage.
Carlton: Saad/ Silvagni
Collingwood: Elliot / Maynard
Essendon: Parish / Draper
Fremantle: Darcy / O'Meara
Geelong : Dangerfield/ Hawkins
GWS : Taylor/ Coniglio
Gold Coast: Rowell/ Weller
Hawthorn: Wingard/ Ceglar
North: Anderson/ LDUniake
Melbourne: Bowey/ Viney
Port: Dixon/ Butters
Richmond: Riewoldt/ Castagna
St.Kilda: Marshall/ H.Clarke
Sydney: Mills/ Heeney
West Coast: Sheed/ Gaff
Western Bulldogs: Liberatore/ Naughton

This has to be a troll??
Ceglar plays for Geelong
Most of your “overrated” are brilliant players.

This has to be a troll??
Ceglar plays for Geelong
Sorry , I did off top of my head, i've changed it. It's all just an opinion.
I say Heeney is overated as most say he's a brilliant match winner but I think he goes missing but is brilliant at times.

Last edited:

Suns
Underrated
Witts (virtually no coverage or acknowledgement when he was out for 2021 - a warrior)

Or

Holman (most best 22 by opposition supporters don’t have him in, yet he’s been top 10 in our bnf 3/5 years including 2022)

Overrated
Chol. - whilst he had a career year kicking 43 goals (and got a bunch of positive press), there are still many things he needs to do better that would help the team.

This has to be a troll??
Ceglar plays for Geelong
im not too sure. patrick dangerfield is a pretty famously underrated player and many believe jason castanga is the best small forward of his generation, so i think the op is on to something here

anderson doesnt even play for north anymore......

This has to be a troll??
Ceglar plays for Geelong
Yet somehow the Richmond overrated player is a journeyman

Haha who the hell rates Castagna?
It's about the players current rating and if that rating is overated or underated.
Castagna is still on the list so they rate him as an AFL standard player which I disagree with.
It's not about my list, it's a thread for people to post their opinions.

The five-timer. The underrated one.

8116.jpg

edit: Now my post makes zero sense after you deleted that ridiculous list. :moustache:

8116.jpg

edit: Now my post makes zero sense after you deleted that ridiculous list. :moustache:
Good solid full forward but I think he's been overated by getting the All Australian captaincy. A good team player but not a brilliant player and has never kicked more than 7 goals.

Good solid full forward but I think he's been overated by getting the All Australian captaincy. A good team player but not a brilliant player and has never kicked more than 7 goals.
I think I found the motivation for this thread in one go! :grinv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad that people got to quote the list before he deleted it. :tearsofjoy:

“Overrated”..other than O’Meara you could argue all of the below are “underrated”

McCluggage- one of the most consistent and best mids in the game over the last 2 seasons. Elite in his position

Maynard- all Australian in 2022 and a wonderful leader for the magpies. Was huge in 2022.

O’Meara- hasn’t played a game yet for Freo. Had arguably his best season at us last year since trade from GC

Hawkins- still a top 3 full forward in the game at 34 and has got better with age. All Australian captain in 2022.

LDU- was brilliant in the back half of 2022 and played the best football of his career.

Viney- heart and soul player from the demons who rarely plays a bad game.

Heeney- top 5 in the swans best and fairest. Plays midfield and forward and was brilliant in 2022.

Naughton- one of the best young key forwards in the game.

Cbf doing each team but the most overrated players imo are Kozi Pickett and Heeney

The most underrated is Tuohy and prior to this year cause of his AA selection I would’ve said Maynard by a mile. I felt like I was the only non pies person to rate him for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For us, I feel like Membery is very underrated.

It's a shame he's always played in s**t teams but never less he's still kicked over 250 goals

Get a lot of opposition supporters getting salty when he kicks a bag against them because apparently, according to them he's s**t.
s**t tatt syndrome, probs

8116.jpg

Got you fam.

1672357605407.png

That overrated Hawkins, who kick started Geelong in the GF? Who has been one of the top 3 forwards consistently in the AFL since 2011? That Hawkins? Jesus Christ.
And who is underrating Dangerfield?

Cbf doing each team but the most overrated players imo are Kozi Pickett and Heeney

The most underrated is Tuohy and prior to this year cause of his AA selection I would’ve said Maynard by a mile. I felt like I was the only non pies person to rate him for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree with this Falc except for Heeney. I think he’s a champion and would love him in our side.

Got you fam.

View attachment 1579548

That overrated Hawkins, who kick started Geelong in the GF? Who has been one of the top 3 forwards consistently in the AFL since 2011? That Hawkins? Jesus Christ.
And who is underrating Dangerfield?
I made him overated in regards to All -Australian captaincy and the fact he's never kicked more then 7 goals and is slow and a liability when the ball hits the ground. That's why players like Riewoldt and Franklin are superior imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back