Recommitted Steven Motlop [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad to see you agree you will have to trade as a RFA and not wait 2 years for him to become a FA

Its your dance mate. Thats why you are doing it with yourself - and Id say dancing aint the only the thing…

Go Catters

Its your dance mate. Thats why you are doing it with yourself - and Id say dancing aint the only the thing…

Go Catters

The cats haven't signed motlop due to Dangerfield. They need either him or a pick to go with their first pick to trade for PD. The other option is wait for PD to become a FA as unfortunately he's an RFA

The cats haven't signed motlop due to Dangerfield. They need either him or a pick to go with their first pick to trade for PD. The other option is wait for PD to become a FA as unfortunately he's an RFA

Marty this Motlop subject really has your pencil sharpened.
Its yet to be determined what the Crows will do..its a different debate.... why not keep the Danger confabulations in the Danger thread?

As for Motlop he will either sign or not sign for what we have offered. If he agreed to the offer , he would be contracted already.

And this whole nutty circle you have regarding a trade has one massive caveat…

The player that GFC allegedly will trade in your "AFC will match" theatre you have going is the Motlop, as the anointed one by you, has to agree to it and you have to have the $$ to sign his new deal.

Surely PD leaving would give you SC space, but Mots still has go to want to go there.

And if you think its a ways off PD making a decision then Mots wanting to move to SA is past pluto at the moment.

GO Catters

Marty this Motlop subject really has your pencil sharpened.
Its yet to be determined what the Crows will do..its a different debate.... why not keep the Danger confabulations in the Danger thread?

As for Motlop he will either sign or not sign for what we have offered. If he agreed to the offer , he would be contracted already.

The reason Motlop becomes pivotal in all trades is, he has value you have a shopping list of 3 maybe 4 players in PD and selwood both RFA's then Henderson and maybe treloar both requiring trades. You have one first round draft pick for all those players. All of those players would require a first rounder with the exception of PD who will require more. Motlop appears the only player of any value that Geelong would appear to want to trade as the other valued players are untouchable. Then you have the older players like Kelly,bartel,Johnson, rivers, Mackie,enright that are in your best. 20 that are too old.the other mix of players aren't anywhere near first round equivelance.

And this whole nutty circle you have regarding a trade has one massive caveat…

The player that GFC allegedly will trade in your "AFC will match" theatre you have going is the Motlop, as the anointed one by you, has to agree to it and you have to have the $$ to sign his new deal.

Surely PD leaving would give you SC space, but Mots still has go to want to go there.

And if you think its a ways off PD making a decision then Mots wanting to move to SA is past pluto at the moment.

GO Catters

With motlop he doesn't necessary need to be traded to Adelaide,Wc or Carlton depending which player we are talking he could be traded to Richmond for a draft pick which could then be on traded because it seems pretty evident you are going to require more than your 1st rounder to get what you want. It seems unusual he hasn't signed yet as PD which I have agreed he's leaving because of this.

With motlop he doesn't necessary need to be traded to Adelaide,Wc or Carlton depending which player we are talking he could be traded to Richmond for a draft pick which could then be on traded because it seems pretty evident you are going to require more than your 1st rounder to get what you want. It seems unusual he hasn't signed yet as PD which I have agreed he's leaving because of this.

I am sick of this as an option being promoted on our board tbh. I want other targets other than Motlop.

So do your work and sell him to another club please!

Motlop and your first pick for the Suns first pick (Likely pick one or two). Could get you Weitering?

Motlop likes a drink pre game....would have thought the Suns would be the last club to be after him..

IMO Motlop stays at Geelong.

Personally not overly keen on him - not sure on his discipline and defensive work (but I'm probably one of the few Dogs fans to think this after he was the difference in our recent loss to the Catters :oops:)

Just my opinion, I would say 450K and a late first rounder. Say around pick 13-18.

One thing that needs to be taken into consideration is that he was suspended by his club earlier this year for being unprofessional.
He is asking for $700,000. Geelong will offer a fair bit more than 450,000 even with Dangerfield. If someone wants him they have to pay up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Motlop will go because a club will pay him 650K which Geelong won't

He's a very very good player and still on his way up. Ppl underestimate his impact. If he plays well we win.

We also won't get fair value b/c he's uncontracted. I do find it funny Carlton supporters saying he's worthless then telling us Henderson is worth pick 10. I'd rather Motlop every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Marty and Adelaide are fixated that Geelong will just hand over Motlop and our first pick when we could engineer Dangerfield for free. It just won't happen if Danger decides he's off. (and I have no idea if he is)

Motlop will go to Richmond or Collingwood for a pick btw 11-16 and I reckon a bargain having watched every single one of his games. He's got 100-150 of his very best games ahead.

He's a very very good player and still on his way up. Ppl underestimate his impact. If he plays well we win.

We also won't get fair value b/c he's uncontracted. I do find it funny Carlton supporters saying he's worthless then telling us Henderson is worth pick 10. I'd rather Motlop every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Marty and Adelaide are fixated that Geelong will just hand over Motlop and our first pick when we could engineer Dangerfield for free. It just won't happen if Danger decides he's off. (and I have no idea if he is)

Motlop will go to Richmond or Collingwood for a pick btw 11-16 and I reckon a bargain having watched every single one of his games. He's got 100-150 of his very best games ahead.
Yeah, I agree with you there!

I'm only listening to Costa's pleas to LET THE BOY GO. I'm presuming he's meaning don't match any offer, what else could he be talking about holding onto his undies so he can't get away.

Engineering a deal would mean let him go for compo you have a first round draft pick to offer and motlop, can't see us wanting any of your geriatric team are there about 10 over 30

If troy Menzel wants to go and sit on the injury list at Geelong with his brother go ahead! Try Menzel and 4th round for Motlop and 2nd

I'm only listening to Costa's pleas to LET THE BOY GO. I'm presuming he's meaning don't match any offer, what else could he be talking about holding onto his undies so he can't get away.

Engineering a deal would mean let him go for compo you have a first round draft pick to offer and motlop, can't see us wanting any of your geriatric team are there about 10 over 30

Mate slagging off my team means very little to me. I certainly don't need to get into a p$#ing contest with you

Among the million hypothetical scenarios how about we trade Motlop and our pick 10 to Carl or Bris and pick him up in the draft and you get nothing for being difficult. Geelong don't have to deal with Adelaide at all. There's so many ways to skin a cat.

Bottom line is it just wont happen. You'll get pick 10-12 from the AFL which is under value but when you have an uncontracted player who's a free agent in the new world that's the price you pay.

I'd be saying the say thing if he choose Collingwood or if it was Hawkins or Selwood at my club leaving.

Mate slagging off my team means very little to me. I certainly don't need to get into a p$#ing contest with you

Among the million hypothetical scenarios how about we trade Motlop and our pick 10 to Carl or Bris and pick him up in the draft and you get nothing for being difficult. Geelong don't have to deal with Adelaide at all. There's so many ways to skin a cat.

Bottom line is it just wont happen. You'll get pick 10-12 from the AFL which is under value but when you have an uncontracted player who's a free agent in the new world that's the price you pay.

I'd be saying the say thing if he choose Collingwood or if it was Hawkins or Selwood at my club leaving.

So what your saying is there isn't any way of stopping Adelaide matching an offer unless you managed to have some Geelong people become board members of the AFC so they can make the decisions and vote against matching an offer

So what your saying is there isn't any way of stopping Adelaide matching an offer unless you managed to have some Geelong people become board members of the AFC so they can make the decisions and vote against matching an offer

Nope but lets see if they do should the situation arise.

My point was I have no idea if he'll leave but if he does it won't be with Adel receiving another clubs first pick + a player

Nope but lets see if they do should the situation arise.

My point was I have no idea if he'll leave but if he does it won't be with Adel receiving another clubs first pick + a player

I'm only hearing Roo's stance on it.

But if he leaves don't you think PD will want an assurance he doesn't go into the PSD so adelaide will not even have to match as I'm sure that will be PD's condition on going to the club he wants to get to

Remove this Banner Ad

Back