Movements for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear rumours that the WFL will be approaching the WFUA for a merger or to take them over. I don't umpire in Horsham but have followed the developments closely. How has the standard of umpiring been in the WFL this year? I hear the WFUA has been going great with 16 new recruits and more members than ever..

I hear rumours that the WFL will be approaching the WFUA for a merger or to take them over. I don't umpire in Horsham but have followed the developments closely. How has the standard of umpiring been in the WFL this year? I hear the WFUA has been going great with 16 new recruits and more members than ever..

This is no understatement when i say the wimmera league umpires this year have been the worst umpires in the history of the league. The worse thing the league could have done was get rid of the wimmera umpires from the year before. Their understanding of the game is not up to scratch and they are on power trips during the games. It is an absolute disgrace to the league how bad these umpires have been!!!

You know is is really easy for everybody to criticise Horsham for what they do and also for what they don't do and listen to gossip and innuendo. The only difference with Horsham is they have achieved success and maintained it at a high level for a long time and I am pretty sure it is what every club would like to be able to do. But there is one simple answer to why they are successful and it is called hard work! Nothing that is good ever comes easy, and Horshams road to success has not been an easy one. Many, many people have put in hundreds and hundreds of hours of voluntary time to make Horsham what it is today and as Cobber Cassidy said when he was coaching Horsham United rather than knock them, maybe we should congratulate them and look at how they have achieved it. Not a bad accolade from an opposing clubs coach.
Anyway best of luck to all teams in finals and especially the ones from Horsham!!:)

This is no understatement when i say the wimmera league umpires this year have been the worst umpires in the history of the league. The worse thing the league could have done was get rid of the wimmera umpires from the year before. Their understanding of the game is not up to scratch and they are on power trips during the games. It is an absolute disgrace to the league how bad these umpires have been!!!

I only watched 4-5 games this year but on what I saw they were far better than what WFL has had the last few years.

Little Razor Ray was a worry but at least they umpired on what they saw and not what they thought they were about to see.

I would think they will only get better as years go on also as they will promote younger umpires coming thru and not look after the old faithful as we have seen the last 10 years in WFL.

Onwards and upwards I would say.

Can anyone give a report on the Dimmy/Saints game today? Tough 9 point win by the Saints. Nathan Clough reported twice apparently?
Not too many of the footy public would have the Saints finishing in the top 3.

Thanks to the WMT twitter for the updates.

Can anyone give a report on the Dimmy/Saints game today? Tough 9 point win by the Saints. Nathan Clough reported twice apparently?
Not too many of the footy public would have the Saints finishing in the top 3.

Thanks to the WMT twitter for the updates.

Clough on 3 reports apparently. Striking charge in the 1st quarter, he was yellow carded. Striking & abbusive language charges in the final quarter, he was red carded. I heard he will take a week for the first charge but contest the other two.

The Saints played with 17 on the field for over a quarter and were still too good for Dimmy. The Saints used Heath Watson loose in defence when Dimboola kicked with the wind and he stopped everything. They made the most of their chances kicking accurately in windy conditions.

Two reports but by three umpires I think. It’s an automatic red if it’s your second report for the day. He won’t play again this year.

Gee two reports from three umpires. Mmmmmm. Given the size of recent suspensions he should get about 10-12 weeks.

No one spoken on here about Saturdays game in Nhill? Whhat just too good> is it even worth going watch grand final in 2 weeks?

Hi Bear Tamer

I will make one comment in that Warrack Eagles as a club should hang their collective heads in shame. For a pocket, and not an overly small pocket, of supporters who clapped and cheered when a player went down with a serious knee injury from the opposing side is damn right un Australian.

It sickened me to the core.

We will wait to see what Warrack officials do and come out and say about the matter before condeming them forever. Silence will be taken as a form of a agreeance to the action though.

As to their on field performance I think without the Schultz boys they are going to struggle. Grant has no chance of getting up and Steve will be 21 days for his hamstring on GF day so must be suspect to say the least.

As for remaining games, missed the U14's but U17 & reserves were great games of footy. MM did a miraculous job to beat the more fancied and bigger Stawell side in the U17's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mods lurking gents, keep it above board or red cards/bans will be handed out.

A hell of a lot of posters would love to see a new Wimmera League premier but shocking to see a player go down with an ACL the week before a Grand Final. Only bright spot will be the inclusion of a youngster omited last week after Lloyd returned from the rebels.

I'm looking forward to two big days of footy at the city oval this weekend with some beautiful spring weather and a can or three. :thumbsu:

Hi Bear Tamer

I will make one comment in that Warrack Eagles as a club should hang their collective heads in shame. For a pocket, and not an overly small pocket, of supporters who clapped and cheered when a player went down with a serious knee injury from the opposing side is damn right un Australian.

It sickened me to the core.

We will wait to see what Warrack officials do and come out and say about the matter before condeming them forever. Silence will be taken as a form of a agreeance to the action though.

As to their on field performance I think without the Schultz boys they are going to struggle. Grant has no chance of getting up and Steve will be 21 days for his hamstring on GF day so must be suspect to say the least.

As for remaining games, missed the U14's but U17 & reserves were great games of footy. MM did a miraculous job to beat the more fancied and bigger Stawell side in the U17's.

I was there to slenko and it was a disgrace, The small proportion of warrack whingers would have been the first to sook if some one clapped Grant Schultz off the week before! Although we should not judge a whole club on one section of so called supporters! Should we Fancy!!:p

Mods lurking gents, keep it above board or red cards/bans will be handed out.

A hell of a lot of posters would love to see a new Wimmera League premier but shocking to see a player go down with an ACL the week before a Grand Final. Only bright spot will be the inclusion of a youngster omited last week after Lloyd returned from the rebels.

I'm looking forward to two big days of footy at the city oval this weekend with some beautiful spring weather and a can or three. :thumbsu:

Good call p/p should be a good weekend at city oval for a few froffies!!:)

I was there to slenko and it was a disgrace, The small proportion of warrack whingers would have been the first to sook if some one clapped Grant Schultz off the week before! Although we should not judge a whole club on one section of so called supporters! Should we Fancy!!:p

Barney has reportedly been diagnosed with blood clots as well now, so things not going well for him.

Should give Warrack Eagles something to smile about!!!!

Is Steve Schultz playing in the Prelim final on Sunday? Well it won't matter. The Saints are on roll, if he plays he won't be right and is a chance of doing more damage to his hamstring. If he doesn't play the Eagles will be without their standout player of the year. The Saints too will be without Nathan Clough, who got four weeks, he has been one of their best performers all year. Out of eight quarters of footy between the Eagles and the Saints this year the Saints have matched them for six quarters. If the Saints play four quarters at their best they will win. Saints by 15 points.

Is Steve Schultz playing in the Prelim final on Sunday? Well it won't matter. The Saints are on roll, if he plays he won't be right and is a chance of doing more damage to his hamstring. If he doesn't play the Eagles will be without their standout player of the year. The Saints too will be without Nathan Clough, who got four weeks, he has been one of their best performers all year. Out of eight quarters of footy between the Eagles and the Saints this year the Saints have matched them for six quarters. If the Saints play four quarters at their best they will win. Saints by 15 points.

Who would have thought Saints would have made it this far..but having said that now they are there I reckon it is anyones game. Warrack weren't much chop last week but i am sure they will bring their A game this week. Too close to call...but if i were a betting man, I would say Warrack by a goal! Good luck to all teams this weekend and hopefully an injury free day

Well i think about the only people who would tip warrack this w-end would be warrack people, as i just cannot see Horsham stuffing this up they will win this by about 10 goals i reckon! Warrack have to be in front at half time to be any chance as Horsham really step on it later in games. Don't get me wrong i'd love to see another team win it, but it aint happening this year. D. Skurrie for the medal.....gun player will show his class. Should be a great atmosphere under the gums at Dimboola.

Well i think about the only people who would tip warrack this w-end would be warrack people, as i just cannot see Horsham stuffing this up they will win this by about 10 goals i reckon! Warrack have to be in front at half time to be any chance as Horsham really step on it later in games. Don't get me wrong i'd love to see another team win it, but it aint happening this year. D. Skurrie for the medal.....gun player will show his class. Should be a great atmosphere under the gums at Dimboola.

Demons to win, but it won't be a walkover... and Nick Pekin for the Binns Medal or maybe Brad Hartigan!!

Hats off to the Dees for going with the youngster this week. Jack Wood comes in for the injured Barnett and Ryan O'Connor hold his place in the side after thoughts of bringing in the Pie Eater. Johns will be filthy with Farr if they win as they are the only 2 to play in the 8 flags to date (Not Arnel - as mentioned by Pete Miller in the radio ads).
The Johns boys get to play in the GF together after Squibba Johns scraps in as last man on the pine. Fancy keeping a kid out of a game at the age of 42. Poor effort. :thumbsdown:

Apparently the Dees had looked into an injuction to get Burke into the GF. Absurd figures bandied around to make it happen. :eek:

Too bad the WFUA are not umpiring the game. :thumbsdown:

Hope the sub-standard umpires won't bring the overall standard down. They have been pathetic all year. Room for improvement, you have got to be joking.

Shame Commissioners Shame. But typical :mad:

Clubs grow some balls, get the WFUA back. If not, it's at your peril.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back