Murph moves to #7 on games played list

Remove this Banner Ad

ivan rassmussen

Premiership Player
Jun 28, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Playing game #284 tonight, Murph moved ahead of Liber senior on the club games played list.

Moyd sits in 12th place, whilst Morris played #198 tonight to go past Lake, and is now only 1 behind Brian Royal.

Minson was equal with Crofty on 186 before tonight, now stands alone on 187.

Picken the only other 100+, now alone on 141, only 2 behind McCankie and Templeton.

At the other end, Tyrion Daniel joins Charlie Zinnick, Warren Stanlake, Jamie Barham (brother of Ricky), John Riley, John Cuzzupe, Aaron James and Tim Walsh, amongst others, in the 1-game club. (I will update this post in 15-16 years when he joins the 300-club).

At the other end, Tyrion Daniel joins Charlie Zinnick, Warren Stanlake, Jamie Barham (brother of Ricky), John Riley, John Cuzzupe, Aaron James and Tim Walsh, amongst others, in the 1-game club. (I will update this post in 15-16 years when he joins the 300-club).

What I'd like to know is how many Bulldogs players and which ones have taken the field with a helmet?

Playing game #284 tonight, Murph moved ahead of Liber senior on the club games played list.

Moyd sits in 12th place, whilst Morris played #198 tonight to go past Lake, and is now only 1 behind Brian Royal.

Minson was equal with Crofty on 186 before tonight, now stands alone on 187.

Picken the only other 100+, now alone on 141, only 2 behind McCankie and Templeton.

Who are the top 7 and how many games?
B.Johnson 364
C.Grant
Hawkins
West
EJ
R.Smith
??

Murph will be our next 300 gamer all going to plan, will be a great achievement by him and a much deserved one to one of our favourite sons.

But with the game going the way it is, 300 game milestones will be a rarity etc older draft age limitations (must turn 19 in your first year of AFL now), footy more physically demanding etc, 200-250 games may be the new 300 in the future.

Who are the top 7 and how many games?
B.Johnson 364
C.Grant
Hawkins
West
EJ
R.Smith
??
Off the top of my head
Grant 341, Hawkins 329, West 324, EJ 321 and Smith 300.

Can't recall number 7, it's not Libba (obviously) or Steve Wallis other 250 gamers of ours

Chris Grant, of all people, wore a helmet, plus half a truckload of shoulder strapping, in the game in 05 (I think) where we played Melb at the MCG and White got that dodgy free against Skipper to steal the game. Grant played in defence, had a fractured cheek bone, stuffed shoulder, gout and frostbite leading up to the game, but still played his heart out.

Michael Egan wore one towards the end of his career in the mid 80s.

There was someone else who wore a helmet briefly, can't remember who though. Michael McKenna perhaps, or maybe that was after he moved to Richmond?

Thought he was a solid player, didn't play enough footy with us imo, was he traded with Monty for Eagleton? Coz he ended up at Port IIRC.

No, Mahoney came to us from Collingwood. Was in our best 3 in an away final in Brisbane, and a few weeks later was delisted! Went to Essendon reserves as captain, Port picked him up, played in the flag side. Been at Demons for a while now, initially as part of coaching panel, now footy manager.

No, Mahoney came to us from Collingwood. Was in our best 3 in an away final in Brisbane, and a few weeks later was delisted! Went to Essendon reserves as captain, Port picked him up, played in the flag side. Been at Demons for a while now, initially as part of coaching panel, now footy manager.
Yeah I know we got him from the Pies.

Weird he got delisted unless they thought Robbins, Smith and Kretiuk were ahead of him at the time as other small defenders, anyways.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, I've ****ed up the list. Murph is now #7, with just the 6 x 300-gamers ahead of him! Sorry! Liber is #8.

(Can one of the mods change the thread title please?!)

Yeah I know we got him from the Pies.

Weird he got delisted unless they thought Robbins, Smith and Kretiuk were ahead of him at the time as other small defenders, anyways.......

He was a good mark, probably better as a medium fwd than defender. A tad slow though, Wallace recruited him, but then made the call to delist him - think he thought Mahoney had peaked. Looked justified when he went to play VFL, until Mark Williams turned him into a premiership player!

Ah, I've ****ed up the list. Murph is now #7, with just the 6 x 300-gamers ahead of him! Sorry! Liber is #8.

(Can one of the mods change the thread title please?!)
You folded early. You could have had some fun and strung us out a bit longer there, Ivan.

You folded early. You could have had some fun and strung us out a bit longer there, Ivan.

Sorry dogwatch, I'm old and it's late (missed tonight's match due to working until a short while ago), now heading off to the land of nod, but got sidetracked into posting replies to replies. Next time I'll try to be more creative - maybe invent a player! Cheers!

Yep definitely had me lol

Perhaps we should guess who the other 250 gamers are for us? Lol.

Boydy (apparently 12th now according to Ivan), Libba Snr, Murph and Wallis Snr are the others. Who are the other two?

Yep definitely had me lol

Perhaps we should guess who the other 250 gamers are for us? Lol.

Boydy (apparently 12th now according to Ivan), Libba Snr, Murph and Wallis Snr are the others. Who are the other two?
Arthur Olliver (271) would be one of them. Wore #3 IINM. (And no I don't remember him playing!)

Arthur Olliver (271) would be one of them. Wore #3 IINM. (And no I don't remember him playing!)
Yep, can't remember the other though.

Don't think Wynd, Romero, Kolyniuk etc played 250, think they just got 200, same with Darce. Dempsey played about 220 before he went to Norf, a lot of our better players in the 60s, 70s and 80s were 100-150 gamers due to them moving around a lot.

I can think of one of the two players, hint: a player who EJ would've broken his games record in the late 60s......

Can't recall the other right now though......

No sorry, Gia is the other one in the top 12 (265 games).

Johnson
Grant
West
Hawkins
Whitten
Smith
Murphy
Liberatore
Olliver
Wallis
Gia
Boyd