Toast Murray Newman - Selected Round 21 - Bodes Well

Remove this Banner Ad

Newman goals and Sharks around the world remained Dark :cry:

Muzza boded(sp)? well.

Ha! I had a feeling some hamster would quote me in this thread after that goal.

Shuey spoon feeds him a goal and suddenly he's a jet crumbing forward again with electric pace. Or is it midfielder this week?

When does he boot Cripps out of the team? Shall we sign him up for 3+ before someone poaches him?

Didnt realise hitting a bloke for sleeping with your ex is considered not having your s**t together? Did all you boys grow up in some nanny state? I reckon half the boys (including myself) I went to school with could have been locked up for 6 months. I just dont get how people are making out he is some criminal. The only reason this went any further is he is a higher profile person than the rest of us.

He'd fallen apart from it too, he wasn't performing in games, he walked out on games, he took time away from the club to sort through his personal issues... Came back and trained harder than ever. Sounds like getting s**t back together to me.

I think Lamb (If he keeps up his good form in the WAFL) will get a run against St Kilda. IIRC Simmo said in a presser not long ago they will probably rest Darling coming into finals.
Yesterday's presser said no to resting as it's too risky. We have a good chance of finishing first now so I can't see it happening. We can all rest after our first finals win

Also don't get the complete self righteousness on here. The way he went about it was stupid but he was young. Can guarantee if anyone touched my mrs id lose my s**t and not think too straight either. Stop pretending you've all led perfect little lives and get over it. I hope he does awesome for our club for a long time..

Yesterday's presser said no to resting as it's too risky. We have a good chance of finishing first now so I can't see it happening. We can all rest after our first finals win
Resting one player is different then resting Kennedy, Priddis, Nic Nat, McGovern, Shuey, Darling, Cripps, Hill, Sinclair and Gafff- obviously going overboard but resting 1 player is different than resting 3 or 4.

Didnt realise hitting a bloke for sleeping with your ex is considered not having your s**t together?

Generally agree on the other stuff but I actually thought that his motivation was a particularly damning sign of immaturity, insecurity, and very probably misogyny.

I mean, it's his Ex, I guess it's one thing if the guy was being a prick to her but if he was upset that it was over that gives no right to punch someone. Anyway, I agree with others that it's better for everyone if he can make something out of his life going forward and he has a better chance of doing that on our list IMO.

As I heard. He only mentioned Darling as a player that they may look at resting during the presser last week. And like jakethebear said it's different to resting a whole bunch of our star players.

Ha! I had a feeling some hamster would quote me in this thread after that goal.

Shuey spoon feeds him a goal and suddenly he's a jet crumbing forward again with electric pace. Or is it midfielder this week?

When does he boot Cripps out of the team? Shall we sign him up for 3+ before someone poaches him?

Haha what the * are you on about mate?

Read the thread, I think there were a couple of posts saying it was a good effort in limited time, the rest were discussing his criminal act.

Not even the quote you posted said what you are suggesting. He was taking the piss out of your rigid anti-Newman bias. You're too far into this stance it's making you nuts.

Generally agree on the other stuff but I actually thought that his motivation was a particularly damning sign of immaturity, insecurity, and very probably misogyny..

I believe at 19, many guys are insecure and immature. Can probably apply that same sentiment to guys under the age of 23 really.

I believe at 19, many guys are insecure and immature. Can probably apply that same sentiment to guys under the age of 23 really.
If someone means a lot to you and then they get stolen away you can somewhat understand the want to get even.

See this song (actually only posting this because we all deserve the laugh).

True, but US style that's nothing special, you need to have overcome something before you get any credit. I'm not sure that spending time in goal then returning to footy rates as something worth celebrating.
I'm sorry, I've tried to resist getting personal as everyone is entitled to their opinion but you have to be one of the most clueless and and single minded posters on this board whether it be in total denial of any possible weakness on your hero worship posts or your self righteous castigation of a young kid who has clearly done everything in his power to atone for his mistake. Enjoy yourself in your ivory castle and I hope you never make a mistake in your life!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was my comment about us reaching for newman.your probably right about not too many better performed players picked after him with the traits we could have been after although there are a few I would have taken before him.and my reaching comment was in response to another poster stating that he was overlooked by other clubs ala darling which I think is incorrect

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Fair enough and you were probably right that the other poster was incorrect. It's an imprecise science and I'd hate to be doing the job but by and large I reckon the Eagles have done pretty well. I remember asking a question of recruiters about the recruitment of McGovern in an on line forum. Nobody seemed to have heard of him and I asked if he was a good pack mark. The Eagles recruiter said pack marking was a thing of the past and didn't come into their calculations. Judging on McGovern's performance I think maybe I got a political answer

Well I think this answers the question if he will be de-listed.

As a minimum he'll stay another year on the rookie list and be thankful the club stuck by him.:thumbsu:

If, after everything, we only gave him one season on the rookie list, while keeping any/all of Lucas, College, McGinnity, & probably Kaprs also, then the club should get their collective heads checked.

If, after everything, we only gave him one season on the rookie list, while keeping any/all of Lucas, College, McGinnity, & probably Kaprs also, then the club should get their collective heads checked.

Yeah, agree it would be weird.

Would think Colledge and Lucas are probably gawn, 50/50 on Karps. I'd personally transfer him to the rookie list.

Why would you elevate Newman to the senior list and use more salary cap space when you didn't need to?

Remember we have lost Waters already to retirement and Selwood looks on the move.

Do we de-list trade two more players or three? Weak draft his year with low picks (maybe 2 first rounders with the Selwood compo)

Do we de-list / trade or lose as free agents - Selwood(free agent), Main, Colledge (trade at his request?) possibly Karpany or McGinnity(free agent).

Do we have to use the potential Selwood compo pick this year or can we use it next year in a stronger draft?

Can't see us getting a free agent especially if Selwood goes, we don't want that pick down graded.

Use 2 first rounders and our 2nd rounder this season.

Our list is looking pretty solid across the board now. Amazing!!!!

I'm sorry, I've tried to resist getting personal as everyone is entitled to their opinion but you have to be one of the most clueless and and single minded posters on this board whether it be in total denial of any possible weakness on your hero worship posts or your self righteous castigation of a young kid who has clearly done everything in his power to atone for his mistake. Enjoy yourself in your ivory castle and I hope you never make a mistake in your life!

Thanks for your concise detailing of how I'm "clueless and single minded", really illuminating! I've made mistakes, but never anywhere remotely near landing me in gaol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back