Music elitism - have your say

Remove this Banner Ad

Pitchfork Gives Music 6.8

CHICAGO—Music, a mode of creative expression consisting of sound and silence expressed through time, was given a 6.8 out of 10 rating in an review published Monday on Pitchfork Media, a well-known music-criticism website.

According to the review, authored by Pitchfork editor in chief Ryan Schreiber, the popular medium that predates the written word shows promise but nonetheless "leaves the listener wanting more."

Pretty hard to go past Megamouth's self-titled debut for me personally.

megamouthst.jpg

The best music can be found in caves, you can hear the soundwave remnants of cavemen chants. Untainted music at its best.

Massive bump.

Being a music elitist is fine as long as you keep it to yourself and don't try to play down, discredit and reject the musical inclinations of others.

Pretty much, if you're 'that guy' you're a campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rarely listen to music after about 1983. Sometimes I hear a cool track between 1995-2000 era but who cares when there are 1000's of equally good and usually better songs from the 1968-83 period. If there's an elitist its me. I bag the crap out of nearly everything I hear on the radio and have been since the mid 80s with the occasional song I will rate and say about time I heard something decent. I only like clever catchy melody with good sound. Here's my 2 songs of the day. First is English from 71 and second is French from 76 and third is Italian from 77 :)

They only get better when you keep listening

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back