Musical Guilty Pleasures

Remove this Banner Ad

Too Little Too Late - JoJo

Always felt very guilty about loving this OTT teen pop song (massive chorus!) but felt a little cleaner when Grizzly Bear covered it last year. Hipster Justifications Ahoy!

Been massively digging Robyn's Body Talk EPs lately....do they count? I know she's considered cool for the most part - Pitchfork respect, etc. - but some people do sneer a bit when I rave about her, so I'm confused.

haHA! I had one of his cds.

Some Britney Spears
Lily Allen
Some Kylie
Some beyonce / destiny's child
some mariah carey (i should clarify because its embarassing- 'we belong together' and 'always be my baby')
transvision vamp

Fantasy is fav of mine, so much so I still own the CD single :eek:

That's more to do with the fact it samples an all time fav of mine - Genius Of Love by The Tom Tom Club.

Apart from JT, my other guilty pleasures include Sarah McLachlan, Neil Sedaka, Gene Pitney, Burt Bacharach and Gilbert O'Sullivan.

And oh yeah, I still listen to Jon English :D

Fantasy is fav of mine, so much so I still own the CD single :eek:

That's more to do with the fact it samples an all time fav of mine - Genius Of Love by The Tom Tom Club.

Apart from JT, my other guilty pleasures include Sarah McLachlan, Neil Sedaka, Gene Pitney, Burt Bacharach and Gilbert O'Sullivan.

And oh yeah, I still listen to Jon English :D

24 hours from Tulsa!!! Spurn that guilt!

My big one is CAMBODIA by Kim Wilde. I've loved since I first heard it 1982 and still love today.

Great song although not her best.

There's nothing I like that I feel is a 'guilty pleasure'. Much of the stuff I like would be considered a 'guilty pleasure' by others though,like 'Calling Occupants' by The Carpenters or 'Morningtown Ride' by The Seekers or 'The Rainbow Connection' along with many others of that ilk.

[youtube]le15MB1XRB0[/youtube]

not his best vocal performance but love that clip.

nothing compares 2 u

[youtube]_PLsYSTRHDg[/youtube]

i have a terrible addiction to children's television programs, i happen to have a digital copy of roosevelt franklin's album

[youtube]le15MB1XRB0[/youtube]

not his best vocal performance but love that clip.

nothing compares 2 u

[youtube]_PLsYSTRHDg[/youtube]

i have a terrible addiction to children's television programs, i happen to have a digital copy of roosevelt franklin's album

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pig feet!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sailor, complete with a chorus that sounds distinctively like the theme from the Muppet show.

[YOUTUBE]nil-B2S2g_s[/YOUTUBE]

Kate Garner is soooooo fit

[YOUTUBE]HZIQq249rMc[/YOUTUBE]

Kate Garner is soooooo fit

[YOUTUBE]HZIQq249rMc[/YOUTUBE]

I loved Haysi Fantayzee when I was a kid. I still have the LP of Battle Hymns for Children Singing. Who can forget Shiny Shiny?

[YOUTUBE]SjsnkIP4ddo[/YOUTUBE]

My guilty pleasure would be Billy Ocean. Had some great songs:

[YOUTUBE]Q77nacf_z54[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2WfHtDTZguQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]HWTCKGLM-xY[/YOUTUBE]

I loved Haysi Fantayzee when I was a kid. I still have the LP of Battle Hymns for Children Singing. Who can forget Shiny Shiny?

Would love to Noddy, oh I'd love to

[youtube]2WfHtDTZguQ[/youtube]

Sing-along fare, but good singalong fare.

I can never get 'nuff o' this disco classic . . . .

[YOUTUBE]PDBG91hgW4Q[/YOUTUBE]

Shocked at the classic pop songs in here that people actually feel guilty about loving.:eek: I have never given a **** what people think of my massive record collection and never will. Having said that I have selected a few gems (owned proudly by me) that could be considered for this thread:

[youtube]yYDa8_Bq1HQ[/youtube]

[youtube]FA5jsa1lR9c[/youtube]

[youtube]w6Q3mHyzn78[/youtube]

[youtube]7IGPv2r_A1o[/youtube]

And there's plenty more where these came from.

Seriuosly, Gaga, JT and Mariah are all brilliant (most of the time) at what they do.

Found myself listening to this during my personally grim winter:

[YOUTUBE]Y8u-O3LwM1M[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back