FTA-TV My Kitchen Rules 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Caught up on first ep today.

Nigella is a good replacement for that smarmy Pete.

And there only seems to be one bitchy team in this mob.

What did the prize used to be? $100k seems fairly light, whatsherface must have pocketed the rest

According to wiki, first season was $100k, at some stage it rose to $250k, but was reduced down to $100k last season.

Wonder how much she got paid

However much they offered her - if it was more than Manu's salary - I'm sure he (or his agent) would have been on the phone to 7 straight away.

But she hasn't been on a TV show as a regular since 2020 so maybe she came at a discount (with the offer of work on future seasons I'm sure).

And with appearances on AUS Masterchef over the past few years, it seems she likes the idea of a regular fully-paid holiday downunder.

Who could blame her?

Last edited:
He isn't happy with the dessert score

Some justification I think. There's wasn't quite the disaster that team one was. I thought Nigella might give it a 2 but then realised that would have tied the bottom two teams which the producers probably didn't want.

Though that would make for a good 'cook off' extra episode.

And considering there is some new team coming in next week (not sure I'm a fan of this) extra episodes don't seem to be a problem.

However much they offered her - if it was more than Manu's salary - I'm sure he (or his agent) would have been on the phone to 7 straight away.

But she hasn't been on a TV show as a regular since 2020 so maybe she came at a discount (with the offer of work on future seasons I'm sure).

And with appearances on AUS Masterchef over the past few years, it seems she likes the idea of a regular fully-paid holiday downunder.

Who could blame her?
I think she was here for some food festival at the time.

She hasn't helped improve mkr ratings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some justification I think. There's wasn't quite the disaster that team one was. I thought Nigella might give it a 2 but then realised that would have tied the bottom two teams which the producers probably didn't want.

Though that would make for a good 'cook off' extra episode.

And considering there is some new team coming in next week (not sure I'm a fan of this) extra episodes don't seem to be a problem.

The dad and daughter make better tv for the producers, can't help being cynical over the scoring there

Sonya and Hadil are needed back! This has been a terrible start to the new series. The food has been mediocre at best. Not even anything close to jelly meat! If not for the father and daughter, this would be a snoozefest. More drama, quick smart!

We caught up (just watched the dining bits, not the boring prep). I'm glad they're not going for the cheap reality TV dramas that plagued the last few seasons. However, these people are a bit pretentious. Can't say any of the first 4 cooks overly impressed me. That woman with the ugly teeth is gross. The good thing about Nigella is that for all the airs and graces you think she has, deep down she's just a commoner like us. I never minded Pete on the show, because he kept his whacky views to himself. But Nigella is a good get.

Last edited:
Why do they insist of serving everyone their plate but they have to sit and watch Manu & Nigella nosh down first & have to wait for him to say "bon appetite" before they can eat ??

Seriously, I'd tell them to fork off and chow down immediately.

Isn't the point of a meal at a restaurant for everyone to eat together, not stare together at one couple eating ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back