My Movie Marathon - from 1969 to the current day

Remove this Banner Ad

A-man, again thank you.

I am going through some of the flicks from your list and getting hold of them. I'll let you know after I watch them.

I saw a Pasolini film, you like 'Salo, 120 Days of Sodom', huge fan of Marquee De Sade.

Are you into the Holocaust films? as in cannibal?

Again, I should share films from my DVD collection by year just have not had time.

Cheers for sharing.

Cannibal Holocaust & its derivatives?

I've seen the 1st one & one other, not sure which one is was though, the animal killings is hard to take. They are not fun movies ... :eek:

Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom is a movie I haven't caught up with yet

Have you seen Hei tai yang 731 aka Men Behind the Sun and the others like it?

They are tough movies to handle.

Cannibal Holocaust & its derivatives?

I've seen the 1st one & one other, not sure which one is was though, the animal killings is hard to take. They are not fun movies ... :eek:

Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom is a movie I haven't caught up with yet

Have you seen Hei tai yang 731 aka Men Behind the Sun and the others like it?

They are tough movies to handle.

Yes Cannibal Holocaust and its derivatives, many of them, I'll list them in the next day or so, I have some 'numbered' dvds that are worth a bit of cash.

Salo is a must for any Pasolini fan.

Men Behind the Sun - Yep, enjoyed it.

I'll post them on the weekend.

7 Women John Ford's last movie about missionary women in China in the 1930's.

Fahrenheit 451 Bradbury's novel is given cerebral treatment about a society that burns books.

The Naked Prey Wilde's best film about some men on a safari offending a native tribe.

The Battle of Algiers Stunning account of the Algerian revolution.

The Quiller Memorandum British agents investigating Neo-Nazis in 1960's Berlin. must see movie.

The Blue Max German pilot in WW1 wants a medal.

Batman High camp caped crusader fighting dopey crims complete with bam & zowie.

Incubus Movie in Esperanto about demons & a succubus.

Alfie Michael Caine can get any chick he wants & damn the consequences.

Un homme et une femme aka A Man and a Woman 2 adults meet and where their relationship goes.

Thunderbirds Are GO Who can resist International Rescue with puppets on strings.

Duel at Diablo Superior western with Poitier & Garner in last stand situations against Indians.

Way... Way Out Dopey comedy with Astronaut Jerry Lewis on the moon, but I love this movie.

Khartoum "Chinese" Gordon's opposition to The Mahdi's holy war in 1880's Sudan.

Paris brûle-t-il? aka Is Paris Burning? The waning days of Nazi control of Paris in 1944.

Fantastic Voyage Adventures inside a human body plus a double agent to screw up the works.

Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo. aka The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Leone & Morricone's magnum opus western, must see film.

Blow-Up A photographer in 1960's London sees something on his photos.

Persona Bergman's astonishing film about a nurse & her patient.

Born Free Husband & wife raise a lion cub.

Operazione paura aka Kill Baby, Kill Ghosts, curses, witch's murder and frightened peasants.

El Dorado Fantastic Wayne western.

Our Man Flint Super cool nearly super guy Flint is on the case, watch out Bond.

The Professionals Another great western about a group trying to rescue a woman.

A Man for All Seasons Sir Thomas More's struggle against Henry VIII.

The Sand Pebbles Fantastic movie about Western interests in 1920's China.

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? The other side of married bliss.

Andrei Rublev 15th century Russian artist struggle to live.

Asguardian, your contribution is much appreciated. I have been making it through your films, have watched 'Come and See' 'Mein Krieg' and a few others.

As promised some of my collection that are old favourites:
- female prisoner 701: Scorpion
- jailhouse 41- female convict scorpion
- mermaid in a manhole
- isla - harem keeper of the oil shrieks, she wolf of the SS, the wicked warden
- oasis of the zombies
- la bette (the beast)
doctor butcher
- maniac
- the new york ripper
- thriller: a cruel picture (inspired kill bill)
- the beyond
- inga
- eugenie
- cannibal ferox
- emanuelle and the last cannibals
- justine de sade
- salo 120 days of sodom
- snuff
- mountain of the cannibal god
- cannibal holocaust
- jungle holocaust
- the coming of sin
- eaten alive
- evil dead trap
- in a glass cage
- cannibal apocalpse

That should do for now.

go hawks!!!, you certainly have several that I do not have.

I currently have over 3,400 movies in my collection, which is not large compared to some friends overseas who number upward of 10,000 movies & docos.

My main focus has been war, film-noir & sci-fi, but by no means do I limit myself to those as I enjoy plenty of horror, crime, mystery, drama, foreign, silents & fantasy with an emphasis on pre-1970's.

Operation Crossbow Superior spy yarn about infiltrating the Nazis rocket construction sites.

Pierrot le Fou French comedy is a must see.

Battle of the Bulge Poor WW2 actioner saved by all the various goings-on.

The Great Race The bad guys are dastardly & the good guys have shiny teeth, great fun.

Giulietta degli spiriti aka Juliet of the Spirits Repressed sexuality unleashed as a woman questions her husband.

The Bedford Incident Cold war thriller at sea.

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! Girls, sex, murder & a lust for money.

Major Dundee Trouble laden Peckinpah western, well worth watching.

Obchod na korze aka The Shop on Main Street In Slovakia during WW2 a man is given a Jewish shop.

Situation Hopeless... But Not Serious Quirky comedy WW2 tale has American flyers held captive long after the war has ended.

King Rat Allied POW's held by the Japanese, but not all of them equally suffer.

Ten Little Indians Another adaption of Christie's novel about murder & mystery.

It Happened Here A "what if" movie about how the Poms would react to a successful Nazi invasion.

Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines Turn of 20th century air race, lots of fun.

Shunpu den aka Story of a Prostitute A "comfort woman" for the Japanese Army circa WW2 is sorely abused, MUST SEE MOVIE.

The Flight of the Phoenix One of my favourites about trying to survive & escape the North African desert.

The Agony and the Ecstasy A 3 way battle between Michelangelo, the Pope & the Sistine Chapel.

Shenandoah Sprawling American Civil War westerner with Jimmy Stewart at his best.

Lásky jedné plavovlásky aka The Loves of a Blonde A factory manager wants men sent to the town to keep his female workers happy.

Help! Lots of fun, Beatles style.

Cat Ballou Fantastic western comedy with a drunk gunman.

The War Game Aftermath of nuclear war & what happens to an English city, must see movie.

Alphaville, une étrange aventure de Lemmy Caution aka Alphaville Jean-Luc Godard sci-fi comedy.

36 Hours Excellent WW2 spy & deception movie.

The Sound of Music No need for me to comment.

The Heroes of Telemark Allied forces operate against the Nazis who are trying to develop nuclear weapons.

Von Ryan's Express Allied POW's try to escape the Nazis.

Akahige aka Red Beard An arrogant young doctor is transformed by contact with peasant patients.

The Nanny Sinister Bette is a naughty Nanny.

Doctor Zhivago Epic about a family in WW1 & the Bolshevik Revolution in Russia.

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold Cold war drama.

Ship of Fools Hi jinx on the high seas mid Atlantic in the 1930's.

In Harm's Way Big WW2 movie set in the Pacific with some ugly moments.

Up from the Beach Forgotten WW2 movie about D-Day & some time after it..

The Loved One Adaption of Waugh's novel about the business of dying & being buried, MUST SEE MOVIE.

None But the Brave Survival & death on a Pacific island in WW2.

The Collector A butterfly collector decides to collect a girl, just because he wants to & not for sex or money.

The Sons of Katie Elder Diverting John Wayne western.

Morituri Unusual movie about an attempt to take a German cargo ship in WW2.

Ta kokkina fanaria aka The Red Lanterns Story of some prostitutes being forced to move on due to modernization.

The Hill Stunning portrayal of British soldiers who are also convicts and their life in a British military prison in WW2 North Africa, MUST SEE MOVIE.

For a Few Dollars More Excellent Leone western.

So hey, has anyone seen Ken Park??
Hell yeah. You want to see the uncut version. I assume you're talking about the Larry Clark film?

The Fall of the Roman Empire Big screen failure but an okay movie.

Onibaba In 14th century Japan those left behind when the men war survive any way they can, must see.

A Fistful of Dollars The start of Leone's trilogy of westerns.

Father Goose Excellent WW2 comedy set on a New Guinea island with Cary Grant.

Seven Days in May Political intrigue about a possible coup in America.

Il deserto rosso aka Red Desert Not a favourite, about a woman in an odd place with odd feelings.

My Fair Lady A snob & a flower girl

Fate Is the Hunter Investigation into the reasons for an airline crash.

Marnie Another Hitchcock to enjoy about a thief & why she is one.

Sanbiki no samurai aka Three Outlaw Samurai 3 samurai take on the taxman.

Zulu One of the great epics, about the clash between the British & the Zulus.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb Satire at its finest.

The Americanization of Emily A Yank falls for a Pom in London 1944.

Bande à part aka Band of Outsiders They love old Hollywood movies & want to steal some money.

Fail-Safe The movie that Dr Strangelove buried, very similar plot.

Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte Bitchy going-ons make a great picture.

Il vangelo secondo Matteo aka The Gospel According to St. Matthew The life of Jesus.

Robinson Crusoe on Mars An astronaut crashes onto Mars & has to figure out how to stay alive.

Fantômas Don't mess with this complex criminal.

The Pawnbroker An Auschwitz survivor tries to cope with life in New York.

Behold a Pale Horse Foes from the Spanish civil war cannot forget even 20 years later.

Becket Clash between 12th century English monarch & the church.

The Last Man on Earth Plague survivor tries to continue his survival against the plague victims.

Guns at Batasi Unappreciated tale of Pommy soldiers trying to survive a coup d'etat in an African country.

Kwaidan An anthology of Japanese fantasy stories.

The Killers Remake of the Hemingway story about 2 hit-mens job & why they were hired.

Sei donne per l'assassino aka Blood and Black Lace A little like the earlier Cover Girl Killer, someone in black is killing models.

First Men in the Moon Faithful telling of H.G. Wells story.

A Hard Day's Night A day with the Beatles, an absolute joy, MUST SEE.

Culloden Recreates the Battle of Culloden, stunning film.

Les parapluies de Cherbourg aka The Umbrellas of Cherbourg Lost love finds a way to be found again.

The Guns of August The how & the why of World War 1 doco.

The Train The French resistance tries to stop a train full of art treasures from going to Germany as the Allies approach Paris.

Children of the Damned Sequel isn't as good as the original but still those kids with the spooky eyes is a favourite.

A Shot in the Dark More Inspector Clouseau hi jinx is great fun.

Soy Cuba aka I Am Cuba Life in Cuba just before Communism. Communist propaganda.

Zorba the Greek Life is good for this Greek.

Mary Poppins Everyone loves the magical nanny.

King & Country A private is accused of desertion in WW1.

La peau douce aka The Soft Skin Affairs are not all they are cracked up to be.

The Thin Red Line WW2 Guadalcanal is an odd place to find a private with a streak of independence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Birds Birds act like a New York street gang and attack anyone on their turf, dunno why?

Ieri, oggi, domani aka Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow 3 stories about different Italian women coping with life.

Hud He's out for himself and stuff the consequences.

A Gathering of Eagles Tough colonel tries to make his B-52 crew shape up.

Billy Liar A young clerk prefers his fantasy life to the real world.

Le jour et l'heure aka The Day and the Hour French citizens try to help downed Allied pilots escape the Nazis.

The Hook American commanders orders men to kill a captured pilot in the Korean war.

Il gattopardo aka The Leopard 19th century Sicily about the have's and those who want it.

The Pink Panther inspector Clouseau is after the Phantom. Must see comedy.

The Haunting Investigations into a haunted house, great horror movie.

Captain Newman, M.D. A psych ward in WW2 copes as best as it can.

PT 109 Not a very good movie, but important showing John F. Kennedy's WW2 experiences, not very accurate.

Le mépris aka Contempt Loves and deceit in the film world.

55 Days at Peking One of my favourites, about the International settlement surviving the Boxer Rebellion.

Le petit soldat aka The Little Soldier Terrorists on different factions during the Algerian war for independence meet.

Lilies of the Field An itinerant worker somehow builds a chapel for some nuns, great movie.

Jason and the Argonauts Brought to life by Ray Harryhausen's work, must see movie.

Le feu follet aka The Fire Within A drunk, the cure and his battle to want to live.

Cleopatra Epic about the times of Caesar, oh and a couple of others.

Lord of the Flies What happens to kids isolated from the rest of the world.

Shock Corridor A journo enters a mental hospital undercover to solve a murder, must see.

The Raven Another Corman Poe tale with a great cast, rises above its budget.

The Damned Confused horror movie tries to be many things, give it a go, great soundtrack.

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World Crazy car chase after a crims hidden loot, great fun.

Icarus XB 1 aka Voyage to the End of the Universe Space faring colonists run into all kinds of problems, Lost in Space followed this formula

The Great Escape Fantastic WW2 POW escape story, based on fact.

Tystnaden aka The Silence 2 sisters & a boy should be emotionally connected, but they aren't.

This Sporting Life Brutal telling of the young life of a rising rugby star. MUST SEE.

Nippon konchûki aka The Insect Woman A peasant does what she has to to survive & thrive.

Soldier in the Rain Armed services comedy owned by Jackie Gleason.

Nattvardsgästerna aka Winter Light 2nd Bergman movie about man & god

The Victors A young American squad in WW2 cope, survive & kill as best they can.

El verdugo aka The Executioner A professional executioner is worried about his retirement & his daughter.

Charade They are all after the money, but don't know where it is.

The War Lover WW2 bomber pilot with a death wish.

Seppuku aka Harakiri Honour is a way of life for feudal samurai

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? These 2 are not loving sisters

Merrill's Marauders Standard WW2 action set in Burma

Eegah Magnificent turkey of a movie that stinks in every way possible

El ángel exterminador aka The Exterminating Angel Very black comedy about wealthy guests unable to leave & gradually disgracing themselves

Birdman of Alcatraz Fictionalized account of Robert Stroud's life

To Kill a Mockingbird Story of prejudice in small town America plus how young children see things, Must see

Tsubaki Sanjûrô aka Sanjuro A scruffy samurai to the rescue

The Trial A man is put on trial but he cannot find out why

Lawrence of Arabia T.E. Lawrence's life in WW1 Arabia, Must see

Advise & Consent Political appointment in the US that in controversial & maybe unpopular

I sequestrati di Altona aka The Condemned of Altona Post WW2 German industrialist family with a dark secret

The Manchurian Candidate A former Korean War POW is brainwashed

Cape Fear Ex con doesn't forgive the lawyer who put him away

H.M.S. Defiant In the Napoleonic Wars a ship's captain & his 1st officer disagree about handling the crew

Le quattro giornate di Napoli aka The Four Days of Naples The people of Naples revolt against the Nazis

The Longest Day Epic film about D-Day

The Nun and the Sergeant Korean War GI has to take some men on a suicidal mission

How the West Was Won Sprawling tale of America growing up

Vivre Sa Vie aka My Life to Live How a Paris woman becomes a fallen lady

No Man Is an Island An American sailor dodges the Japanese on Guam in WW2

Black Fox: The True Story of Adolf Hitler Doco about the evils of Hitler's Germany

Carnival of Souls Ultra cheap horror flick that really works

The Counterfeit Traitor A Yank is blackmailed into spying for the Allies in WW2

The Day of the Triffids Overnight these plants rise up to kill, great sci-fi

Panic in Year Zero! A family tries to survive post nuclear attack in America

The 300 Spartans One of my childhood favourites, about the Spartans in the Battle of Thermopylae

Ivanovo detstvo aka My Name Is Ivan A Soviet child spies against the Nazis

Hell Is for Heroes Tired GI's try to hold back the Nazis

Jules et Jim aka Jules and Jim Long term love triangle

Lolita A professor falls for a 14 yo girl

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance Great John Ford western

Mutiny on the Bounty Bligh & Christain at it again

A-man, again thank you.

I am going through some of the flicks from your list and getting hold of them. I'll let you know after I watch them.

Cheers for sharing.

Have you had much of a chance to view some of my recommendations?

Do you blokes want me to do some more years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back