NAB Challenge - Fremantle v Melbourne, Fremantle Oval, 4.10pm (7.10pm AEDT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's one more you then;
Melbourne kicked 3 goals in 3 and a half quarters.

Seriously, kill the knob act. Many people - me included - want to see Melbourne improve, but it's hard to root for them when their supporters are being muppets.
Oh please. I know posters who genuinely want to see the Dees on the up. You are not one of them. You are a dime a dozen poster on here who talks about players being "Melbourned" and generally could not care less if we remain s**t for another ten years. So please don't tell me to quit the act.

But to continue the charade, it was a low scoring affair all round which in hot conditions with two teams playing a contested brand is to be expected. 2nd quarter was garbage and the skill errors need to be eradicated, but not cause for slltting the wrists just yet.

Thanks for your insights on the score. Please don't discontinue "rooting" for the MFC on my account :$

I thought we looked better at clearances and around the ground but our delivery into the forward line was terrible.

Newton, Lumumba and Vandenberg impressed of the new guys but Grimes, Matt Jones, Bail, McKenzie etc these guys need to go or be depth at best. We can't improve while we've still got guys butchering the ball. Gawn and Jamar also, we can't carry both those guys in the team it needs to be one or the other.

I love the look of Salem, looks like a genuine footy player.

I watched this more to see how the Demons are progressing then watching freo. At the end I felt the inclusion of H will add value for a few years. Gartlett looked ok in spurts with some good efforts. My one issue is that even though you could tell melbourne were conscious to increase there speed of ball movement by hand, it leaves them exhausted the longer the game goes on.

Jones still needs more support but the game plan Roos is trying to instill, still looks like its at stage one, ie very basic. I think now Melbourne have turned the cornor but still two to three years away to fully start to challenge for the eight.

I thought we looked better at clearances and around the ground but our delivery into the forward line was terrible.

Newton, Lumumba and Vandenberg impressed of the new guys but Grimes, Matt Jones, Bail, McKenzie etc these guys need to go or be depth at best. We can't improve while we've still got guys butchering the ball. Gawn and Jamar also, we can't carry both those guys in the team it needs to be one or the other.

I love the look of Salem, looks like a genuine footy player.

Matt Jones is in my side before Viv Michie. Agree with the rest of your comment. Grimes needs to seriously sort his s**t out if he wants a spot in the side.

My one issue is that even though you could tell melbourne were conscious to increase there speed of ball movement by hand, it leaves them exhausted the longer the game goes on.

Also the fact that it was 35 degrees

Remove this Banner Ad

Back