Preview NAB Cup Carlton v Fremantle - Saturday March 2 @ Etihad 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Albeit our accuracy was pretty average, I think it's a real positive that we generated so many shots on goal, that suggests to me we are working hard at putting pressure on the ball carrier, turning the ball over and hence scoring from turnovers.

Our pressure was awesome tonight. Pretty good all round performance. If we can get a good run with injuries we will be hard to beat.

We look so much better when Kreuzer is playing well. Arguably our most important player.
As I've always said, stats don't really even tell the story with Kreuz. Hugely important player and a big hearted beast.

Good. :thumbsu:

Mucho Bueno on the updates kids.
You are welcome Stig. It was a good one to update on since we played so well and earned the win. Our intensity especially in the first half was awesome. A lot of teams will be taking notice of that. We still have work to do on disposal efficiency and executing boundary line game plan but I am pretty confident Mick would be pleased with what the boys' produced tonight. Fremantle are a pretty solid opponent but we pulled them apart in the first half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought our best were Murphy, Robinson, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Betts, Garlett, Jamison. Yarran and Henderson pretty good too.

Our core players are looking very solid with Judd, Waite, Scotland, McLean to be added into this team.
Any place for Hampson in the team or is the jury still out on who we should play from the 3 ruckmen?

With a win like that it was an all round team effort. Hard on others leaving them out of the credits but among our fine contributors I think are Robbo Eddie Garlett Gibbs Jammo Kreuzer Casboult. I have probably missed someone important.

Muprh? oh and Carrots did an awesome job on fyf

Quite an impressive night overall.

Great to see Kreuzer and Warnock doing so well all over the ground. Huge bonus to see them both fit and moving well.
Henderson and Jamison just easing back into touch with Jamison a little ahead of Henderson for now.

Gibbs is already playing harder than he has previously given mid field duties. Loved his game all up and played smart wherever he was on the field. Could this finally be the year?

Most pleasing though as the back-line is already starting to gel. The voice on the ground was good and everybody took turns to direct the show.
If we can now only keep the boys back there together, we're in for good times.

I hate being negative about our own players. But the only positive I can think of for Lucas is that he's a fairly handsome fella. Very frustrated by his development.

Totally agree with this.

Was hoping to see a different Lucas this year but after watching 4 preseason games, he has a massive way to go.

Not sure he'll turn out to be the player we thought he could.

I hope I'm wrong!

Quite an impressive night overall.

Great to see Kreuzer and Warnock doing so well all over the ground. Huge bonus to see them both fit and moving well.
Henderson and Jamison just easing back into touch with Jamison a little ahead of Henderson for now.

Gibbs is already playing harder than he has previously given mid field duties. Loved his game all up and played smart wherever he was on the field. Could this finally be the year?

Most pleasing though as the back-line is already starting to gel. The voice on the ground was good and everybody took turns to direct the show.
If we can now only keep the boys back there together, we're in for good times.

I believe it will be Harks.

Malthouse wouldn't have been totally happy with the game though.
Oddly that on many occasions we ventured towards the middle we found ourselves turning the ball over and whenever we went blind things fell apart a little.

Having said that most of the game we seemed to keep to directives and thrived when we did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back