El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
NAFL Header.png

The jewel in the crown of FJGD is back for 2022/23!

For those new to the board, the National Australian Football League is a design competition where you will create professional football club based in Australia or NZ, from scratch. You'll create uniform and logo designs for this club and play off against other designers in a league style competition where winners are decided by public votes.

This year we'll be going back to basics. A fairly standard league format, with conferences if we get too many entries. I'd expect finals to be the top 8 finishers. Each designer will submit 1 team only.

Feel free to use this thread to announce a new or returning team. You can do whatever you want for your team provided it's Australia or NZ based, and all bids are automatically accepted. I'm happy with 2 teams in the same market, however try to avoid having the same nickname as another announced team. Returning teams will have preference if there are 2 teams with the same nickname.

UPDATE:

jZUnrZw.jpg

NAFL logo, PNG
Code:
https://i.imgur.com/TPkoHIE.png

NAFLW logo PNG
Code:
https://i.imgur.com/wNhPV4J.png

Both logos can have the stroke outline removed if it better suits your design.

There is no bidding, your bid is automatically accepted provided you post it in this thread and don't use the same nickname as someone else's NAFL entry. I will run the competition with whoever enters, and however many entrants that may be, with a slight change of format if we get too many entries.

Entries should be submitted to me via PM in the form of a URL link from an image hosting site like imgur or flickr. DO NOT simply attach the images to your PM, because bigfooty stores them in a way that makes them impossible to re-use for putting up rounds so I have to manually upload the images for everyone who does that. I won't accept entries that aren't in the form of an imgur or flickr (or similar) link.

Entries are due by midnight on Sunday the 16th of October 2022

Last edited:

Yes please!! Finally a comp!! Subiaco if available please

If you want Subiaco, you've got it! But give us a bit more about your team if you can, nickname and colours etc.

I'll tidy up the OP to say that you have total control over your nickname and that every bid is accepted

If you want Subiaco, you've got it! But give us a bit more about your team if you can, nickname and colours etc.

I'll tidy up the OP to say that you have total control over your nickname and that every bid is accepted
The team shall be the...

promo.png

Colours: red, purple and green

(and black and white)

Will the heritage and women guernseys use the normal NAFL logo?

Good question, I'll keep them both using the standard logo.

Edit: the NAFLW logo is now the one Craegus has posted below, it'll be in the OP of this thread shortly

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a heritage logo included in Dylan's logo concept whenever that was, though imo it doesn't quite hit the mark in the same way as the normal logo or the premiers logo. Not sure if he got around to making one with a different font which was floated at the time but I'm 50/50 on whether it should even need a separate logo.
proxy.php

Remove this Banner Ad

Back