Discussion NAFL Reserves 2015-16 Season Hub

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide City Bulls News

Komrade_Tiger is this year's number 1 ticket holder for the Bulls, A jumper will be made in his honour for his efforts.

#ACBulls

Haha, that reminds me of a guy years ago (around the first or second year of the then Wellington Whales) who was desperate to be the clubs No.1 ticket holder.

For the life of me I cannot remember his username (I keep thinking of Peel and Port Adelaide, as well as a number that is in the teens for some reason) but I remember rejecting the application as we felt that the person was not fit to be a Whales ticket holder due to his association with a NAFL Reserves club from South Australia and because his extremely poor attitude was not something that the Whales wanted as a high profile member.

The time following the rejection must have really hit him hard, because I am fairly sure he spat the dummy, changed his username and decided to found a poor excuse for a team in New Zealand out of spite and jealousy.

Actually, when it comes to who that person was, El_Scorcho might remember.

Adelaide City Bulls News

Komrade_Tiger is this year's number 1 ticket holder for the Bulls, A jumper will be made in his honour for his efforts.

#ACBulls

...isn't this essentially asking for votes?

Haha, that reminds me of a guy years ago (around the first or second year of the then Wellington Whales) who was desperate to be the clubs No.1 ticket holder.

For the life of me I cannot remember his username (I keep thinking of Peel and Port Adelaide, as well as a number that is in the teens for some reason) but I remember rejecting the application as we felt that the person was not fit to be a Whales ticket holder due to his association with a NAFL Reserves club from South Australia and because his extremely poor attitude was not something that the Whales wanted as a high profile member.

The time following the rejection must have really hit him hard, because I am fairly sure he spat the dummy, changed his username and decided to found a poor excuse for a team in New Zealand out of spite and jealousy.

Actually, when it comes to who that person was, El_Scorcho might remember.

Look, i'll claim it because plenty of genuinely great sports clubs were founded because good people couldn't stand idly by and watch incompetent idiots run their favourite club into the ground.

(But I don't actually remember this happening and the search function was no help, so did this actually happen?)

Look, i'll claim it because plenty of genuinely great sports clubs were founded because good people couldn't stand idly by and watch incompetent idiots run their favourite club into the ground.

(But I don't actually remember this happening and the search function was no help, so did this actually happen?)
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

What do you think?

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

I think the more important question is; If a tree falls on a mime and everyone is around, does anyone care?

Last edited:
E92_ what's your opinion?

I'm only new around here- does having a No.1 ticket holder count as asking for votes?

Only if they actually asked for votes, the post above came after he already got the votes.

For the life of me I cannot remember his username (I keep thinking of Peel and Port Adelaide, as well as a number that is in the teens for some reason).
BananaWharfie_13?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only if they actually asked for votes, the post above came after he already got the votes.

The agreement seems to be though, that they would vote for them in every match, idk.

There not really any proof that he actually asked him to vote for his entry, though. Just a joke about the votes he already has.

Alright, no worries. Just figured I'd ask! :)

i cant control my bandwagon, I never asked for votes.

Komrad discovered me in this comp and promoted me, I had nothing to do with it. I suggested if he was gonna vote he should vote for other teams as well.
My main concern, and I'm sure it is everyone else's is the word promoted. The promoting could be the difference between another team making finals or not.

My main concern, and I'm sure it is everyone else's is the word promoted. The promoting could be the difference between another team making finals or not.

My concern exactly, but at the same time I feel like there's nothing I can do because he isnt breaking the rules himself, but having his team promoted definitely bends the rules.

Do you want me to unpromote my team???

If you're the one personally promoting it, then I would say you are directly asking for votes, so yes.

But if you're not personally doing it, I see it as a hell of a grey area which sees you potentially receiving votes beyond the value of your designs- but at the same time you haven't actually broken the rules.

I'd err on the side of caution for this sort of thing - don't post about your team outside of the board. Refer to the NAFL, the game threads, etc, yes. But don't explicitly spruik your team.

I semi-regularly... OK that's generous... I post about once every 5 weeks on the Port board a link to the latest FIRA or NAFL threads or whatever is going down in order to boost the interest a bit. I never state my involvement though, it's just too much of a grey area, like TFT said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back