AFL Toast Nailbiter against The West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

13 of the last 16 games in Melbourne. Get ready to watch some footy lads. Quite the opportunity in front of us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Locked In Glitch GIF by Xbox

This ladder reminds me of when I was I youngster and I was in a local fishing competition and caught a pretty average sized fish. My cousin then put a heap of small stones down its mouth (the fish was dead at this stage) and it went on to win second prize! When they had it on display it was like 3 times smaller than the fish that won first. Actually the other fish in the top 8 were all bigger than it!

I go through too many emotions watching Essendon. Anzac Day was the worst. This game was yuk. No replay.
However they held on to win and that seems to be part of the new mindset. I’m hoping to see less and less essington with each game.
Good work dons.
Durham was fantastic but kept quiet second half but wow he is ⚡
Duurs McKay great and laverde have to say had some good moments. Gresham Kelly Martin McGrath parish all Good
But Mr Merrett 🙌
Not easy to win over there and I can see why. Langers was great but I got worried with the 🤫
Davey needs more dev and Hobbs seems to be out of form but I trust he’ll get back to his best.
Stringer and jones I thought were quiet but happy to get the win.
Bank the 4 and move into next week.
🔴⚫

This ladder reminds me of when I was I youngster and I was in a local fishing competition and caught a pretty average sized fish. My cousin then put a heap of small stones down its mouth (the fish was dead at this stage) and it went on to win second prize! When they had it on display it was like 3 times smaller than the fish that won first. Actually the other fish in the top 8 were all bigger than it!

It's Round 8 mate, no need to be this philosophical. It's just as silly as those thinking flags are won in April.

For a side expected to be 1-6 to start the year we've done pretty good. Take each week as it comes and enjoy whatever win we can bank.

Last edited:
Yeah…expected to be a bit flat after last week but happy with an interstate win.

The team looked solid to the extent that I didn’t feel like we would lose that game as close was it was…or maybe it was just a false sense of security ;) looked like we had a system…

Duz is a gun. Zerrett massive.

McKay makes us look so much better.

Good to see Langford still confident taking shots after last week.

Haven’t looked at the frees tally, but far out we got reamed lol except for that Martin reversal.

Go Dons!
Re the free kick count, funny how TV continually shows it when we get a good run but it goes silent when we are getting shafted. Or is that just my paranoia kicking in?

It's Round 8 mate, no need to be this philosophical. You're just as silly as those thinking flags are won in April.

For a side expected to be 1-6 to start the year we've done pretty good. Take each week as it comes.
I think you are reading a bit too much into it. I’m enjoying this as much as anyone. If someone gave me this scenario at the start of the year I would have took it and ran.

Silly. Should have shoved lead sinkers down its gob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh but when you’re up by 1 goal with 1 minute left, probably not a good idea to leave the midfielder on fire 180 degrees to himself to run through the stoppage.
Merret was the other side all by himself too. They won the ball Kelly gets the clearance. If we won the ball merret would have walked out with it. Both teams rolled the dice all night at centre clearances.

Tough win ..thought we were quite physical. Merrett, Durham and Martin v good. Defence stood up..yeah Waterman got three but I thought Lav was important ..a few big hits on Waterman. Some good efforts by Guelfi including that crucial tackle late

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back