Prediction Name Your 3 players - 2016 starts Post 231

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect who I am really excited about is not exactly a secret:(.

Putting that matter to one side, and following thigh's stricture:

Rebirth of an older player - Rowe. If he can hold down a KPD position against all-comers this would be an enormous step forward for us.

Emergence of a young player - Cripps. On one occasion in the intra-club match he dived in for the ball and in one swoop handballed over his head to a ready team-mate who then ran forward, hit the target and a goal was scored. That can't be taught.

Persistance with a fringe player - Caz. I laughed when I heard it reported he intended running defenders off their legs. Having seen him against WC I am not so sure he was joking. His second efforts were terrific. In the McKenzie season-ending incident Caz was pushed front on by one WC eagles player in the marking contest and then nudged in the back by McKenzie. Despite this interference Caz kept on going. We know he can mark a ball. If he has improved his tank this will help his kicking and we could have a monster.

Cripps - Exactly what we need in midfield if he comes good
Boekhorst - Exactly what we need in midfield if he comes good
Gowers - I think he has all the right attributes to be a star midfielder
Hah I didn't see the original request in the OP!

Cripps, Judd and Bell.

Awesome Thread - A lot more sensible than the Best 22

Gibbs - Continue on from last year to be B&F again as well as our best poller @ the Brownlow
Jaksch - Will fit straight into defense and free up others (inc. Everitt who'll play wing I reckon)
Docherty - Watching him against West Coast, it was all natural movement and sublime skills. Dare say we'll see what he can REALLY do this year.

Some good calls in this Fred - good idea Thighs

Bell - because we need him for his stamina, size and chaos factor
Thomas - because he could be good enough to impact games as well as Judd, Murphy and Gibbs which would be awesome
Jones - to kick 30+ goals, take the presure off Henderson and Casboult and tackle as well as he did against WC.

I was on Lucas in last year's thread...think I'll sit this dance out.
Come on ladies and germs, ya think if we make old K1 feel welcome enough he might come on up here and have another go? (crowd delirious)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Gibbs - Our B&F this year, and Brownlow smokey.

2. Everitt - I think this bloke can be a-grade. He has the perfect coach who will use his unique blend of talents to perfection.

3. Clem - Attitude can take you anywhere in this world. It can get you any girl. It can win you any contest.

1. Cripps - Super excited about who this guy will become.
2. Boekhurst - A bloke with outside speed who is willing to tackle and put his body on the line, whats not to like?!!
3. Jaksch - a tall classy defender with good disposal. Ahead of White already IMO.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm excited about how excited Harks is about Ciaran Byrne.
I would love to see Daisy win a Brownlow in Navy Blue, just so we could stick it up Collingwood !! :D

My real list is

Hendo - I believe our most important player. After him the cupboard is mostly bare (but with potential) up fwd

Captain my captain - has been below his best last couple years. Still very good but hope to see him dominating again.

Rowe - impressive last year despite little experience down back. Imagine how good he can be when he further masters playing there.
No question for mine.

Who are you excited about this season and why? The rebirth of an oldie, the emergence of a youngster, confirmation we were right to persist with a certain fringe player. Have a crack, give it a whack.

Cripps - the Extractor is primed to go.

Carrots - will jog memories with his injury-free ball magnetism.

Byrne - has progressed like no other player on the list.

I probably should have read your post Thy before I posted *sigh*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back