Recommitted Nat Fyfe [Re-Signed to 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what sort of contract you would need to throw at him to get him? He was on over 1m a year but I suppose it depends on the year he has this year and the interest from rival clubs. I still think he wants a Flag with Freo though and it drives him rather than 500K at this stage of his life.

Freo no doubt dropping his contract down to senior rates so if a club wanted him bad enough for leadership / marketing / ambassador type role I could see it working. I don't think the Pies will have enough cap to get him as a sideways move doesn't make sense, massive final pay day or stay at Freo & go for a flag. Kingy is just dropping Collingwood's name in it for clicks.

That right, I forgot they turn unrestricted after 10 years despite the size of the contract.

Unless, as we found with Franklin, they serve eight years at a new club.

Fyfe will be offered way more money outside of Fremantle and more years too. I expected to lose him to Gold Coast.

Unless, as we found with Franklin, they serve eight years at a new club.

Fyfe will be offered way more money outside of Fremantle and more years too. I expected to lose him to Gold Coast.
I really don’t think Gold Coast can keep handing out dumb contracts to have to pay clubs to take other players off their hands in a few years. It would take an incredibly dumb contract to get Fyfe to go there

I really don’t think Gold Coast can keep handing out dumb contracts to have to pay clubs to take other players off their hands in a few years. It would take an incredibly dumb contract to get Fyfe to go there

I agree from a football sense but Gold Coast are as much about marketing as they are football. The AFL should and would top up Fyfe to take his two brownlows, his norm smith and premiership medal to the Suns.

Fremantle should expect band three (second round) compensation for him, but hope for band two (end of first round).

Fremantle with two picks around #20 should have a bit of value to pay for Pickett.

What about sweet Ambassador money direct from the AFL?
I agree from a football sense but Gold Coast are as much about marketing as they are football. The AFL should and would top up Fyfe to take his two brownlows, his norm smith and premiership medal to the Suns.
It would need to be a shitload of ambassador money and I'll begrudgingly allow the future where Fyfe takes his Norm and Premiership medal to GC

Depends on the lowball the Dockers try on

He always seamed a 1 club player to me, but after being on $1.3mil a season how much of a cut will he be willing to take to stay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't go near him with a sizable contract. Pies should have learnt with the Treloar/Grundy debacles in recent times.

Hope he stays a 1 club player and re-pays Freo for their generosity and signs for a low-ish contract. I know he has 2 Brownlows but he has been insignificant the last 3 years.

What sort of Ambassador would Fyfe be?

The AFL would need to make something new up on the run. So BAU for them.

Naitanui and Coniglio are ambassadors due to background / heritage as was Houli.

Fyfe was / is a great football player. Not sure about leadership credentials.

The same sort as GAJnr. A figure of elite individual success within the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back