Recommitted Nat Fyfe [Re-Signed to 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

2 years? His manger has done really well getting him paid until the end of 2025.

Maybe the second year is being funded as an “Ambassador” role.

Maybe he is happy to take a lesser salary, as his off field pursuits balance his books nicely.

Love or hate him, he is always 100% professional to prepare his body for the rigours of footy.

Maybe the second year is being funded as an “Ambassador” role.

Maybe he is happy to take a lesser salary, as his off field pursuits balance his books nicely.

Love or hate him, he is always 100% professional to prepare his body for the rigours of footy.
He played 7 games last year and missed 6 already this year. He was an incredible player and walk up hall of famer. I thought he may finish this year but to extend to the end of 2025 is a surprise.

He played 7 games last year and missed 6 already this year. He was an incredible player and walk up hall of famer. I thought he may finish this year but to extend to the end of 2025 is a surprise.
I think you have a fair point on two years being odd due to his history. I think the general gist is he wants a flag as much as anyone and the money is not important. Should hopefully be a pretty low amount of money for the extra year that gives him an extra chance to win a flag.

Probably also helps it’s like him and Walters that will be the only ones over 30 next year

He's 31 . Only managed 12 games in two seasons.

Still gets a new 2 year deal.

Probably should count himself lucky.

Hope he's not on big coin still.
He’s on very little. He basically said money is irrelevant for him at this point in his career.

Was underpaid in his prime years.

Hopefully he can have some continuity with us over the next 2 years and be around for a Premiership tilt. I do hope he is more Shane Crawford than Nathan Jones though.

400k according to the west
40% of his previous contract from Rhino’s latest article. So that sounds right.

We get Fyfe for the average wage. So he needs to be only as good as the bottom half of the list to justify it.

On the surface you would say that but the Dockers have not lost since he’s come back into the team. Pretty important player still IMO.
No doubting he is a gun but the question is if he his body can hold up? I thought a year and if he can play 15-18 games next year then give him another.

If he plays less than 10 next year then really he is taking a spot on your list for a kid the following year.

2 years? His manger has done really well getting him paid until the end of 2025.
Have you seen our list? he is taking average wage and we have already built the bulk of our contention list

Fyfe at average wage Vs the last pick in the 2024 draft (Thats who would realistically replace him at the end of next year)

Completely worth it in leadership alone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if Nathan Fyfe plays 20 games a year for 20k each you're laughing.

Unless he has a really good run with injury next year I will be surprised if he is on the list in 2025.

Cunnington had another year to run - but when its time - its time.
Yeah a retirement soon wouldn't surprise me at all. Body is pretty cooked.

I think he goes again next year and see if he can get through 14- 16 games. Freo need to rest him - like the Cats with Selwood in his last year.

Fyfe appears to be mentoring a lot of the players. Some would call it coaching, but he’s sitting and talking through situations with the players.

I can see him on the list next season, to give it one last go. If he breaks down, I think he has got his head around that may be the time to put his hand up.

And if Nathan Fyfe plays 20 games a year for 20k each you're laughing.
He's played 20+ games twice since 2017 and single digit games the last 2 years with half being subs you can't honestly think he will play 20 games in a season

He's played 20+ games twice since 2017 and single digit games the last 2 years with half being subs you can't honestly think he will play 20 games in a season

He's played twenty games or more once since the end of the 2017 season, in 2019 - where he won the brownlow.

He's worth persisting with as long as his body can deliver power, especially on the cheap. The hardest part will be finding somewhere to slot him into the side in a role that doesn't have his inability to apply defensive pressure totally exploited - but we managed to win a final playing David Mundy in that sort of style so class is class.

He's played twenty games or more once since the end of the 2017 season, in 2019 - where he won the brownlow.

He's worth persisting with as long as his body can deliver power, especially on the cheap. The hardest part will be finding somewhere to slot him into the side in a role that doesn't have his inability to apply defensive pressure totally exploited - but we managed to win a final playing David Mundy in that sort of style so class is class.
2019 will be 5 years ago by the next time he plays Taylor and since then he has played 14/15/7/9 games his body is cooked and is not worth persiting with at all especially not for a 2 year contact

David Mundy played in almost every game from 2017-2022 and was still playing a role in your midfield not sure why you are using him as the argument?

2019 will be 5 years ago by the next time he plays Taylor and since then he has played 14/15/7/9 games his body is cooked and is not worth persiting with at all especially not for a 2 year contact

David Mundy played in almost every game from 2017-2022 and was still playing a role in your midfield not sure why you are using him as the argument?

In relation to Fyfe being able to apply defensive efforts. I think the biggest issue for Fyfe is finding a role in the side that complements, which given Mundy wasn't able to chase at all such that oppositions would direct ball movement through his opponent (the Freo/Melb game where Viney got 3 votes is the best example of this) then I think the club can find a place for him as long as his offensive capabilities are intact.

So if he recovers from everything and can work up and down the ground offering a marking target I think he can be effective. Bursts at the stoppages, particularly forward stoppages. Things like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back