Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints play it safe with injury-prone recruit

ST KILDA recruit Nathan Freeman will not feature in the NAB Challenge as the Saints take a conservative path with the midfielder's recovery from hamstring troubles.

Freeman, who was repeatedly sidelined in his two years at Collingwood, strained his right hamstring again in December during his first summer with the Saints.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-...pearance-for-injuryprone-saint-nathan-freeman

Looks like he is again 2 weeks away from the main group. Can the people ITK elaborate more on this because it seems as though every week he seems to be 2 weeks away from the main group. It's been a month now that they have been saying the ol 2 weeks away line.
It clearly wasn't a 'minor strain' as the club first reported. We'll be lucky to see him at all this year.

It will be interesting when he rejoins the main group and with this super conservative approach how the hamstring holds up. He has already had a minor hiccup without being involved with first team training.
What I've been told is he hits the track but sits out drills that replicate high intensity match simulation. Apparently he is fit,fitter then he was at the pies. Did a massive load of training before pre season started. The club just want to extra cautious and put him in a position to succeed

What I've been told is he hits the track but sits out drills that replicate high intensity match simulation. Apparently he is fit,fitter then he was at the pies. Did a massive load of training before pre season started. The club just want to extra cautious and put him in a position to succeed

Happy to be patient on this kid. If we get his body right from the start the long term payoff is potentially huge.

I take is Freeman won't be playing Friday?

There's no rush for Freeman to play senior footy. I love that the club are being ultra conservative with him! Something the Pies failed to do. I'd rather have it take longer and get it right than rush him and have a relapse. I'm not expecting Freeman to feature in the seniors the first half of the season. Ease him into it and build up his confidence in the VFL. It's not like we're challenging this year. There's no rush.

It clearly wasn't a 'minor strain' as the club first reported. We'll be lucky to see him at all this year.
Actually it was. He was running again straight after christmas, like they do with minor strains.

Yep, take the long-term approach and make sure the bio-mechanics are sorted and then get him pushing for selection.

I think we're all just a bit antsy on Freeman because we paid more than we expected to.

Actually it was. He was running again straight after christmas, like they do with minor strains.
Haven't heard of many 'minor strains' that keep people in the rehab group for 6 weeks. No doubt we're being cautious but if he's still '2 weeks away' that's 2 months for a strain, which I don't believe for a second.

Haven't heard of many 'minor strains' that keep people in the rehab group for 6 weeks. No doubt we're being cautious but if he's still '2 weeks away' that's 2 months for a strain, which I don't believe for a second.

Getting miles into his legs and bringing him back properly rather than rushing him to please fans on a forum.

What part of "being conservative now" is the hard part to understand?

Im not trying to undersell that his hammies are an issue of concern but I get sick of people going on about ridiculous club conspiracies to hide the TRUTH.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His fit there is no issue with him. We are holding him back to give him the best chance to succeed

The problem is not the strain Joop, it's the fact that hes having recurring issues with his hamstrings. I'd say the strain healed weeks ago but they want to get the underlying issues right before going too hard again.

Can we please stop taking such extreme sides. The club isn't going to great lengths to cover up injuries on a conspiracy but at the same time they're not going to release every players complete medical records.

All clubs undersell the extent of player injuries and recovery times, of you think the injury lists are worth the paper their written on you're kidding yourself.

Then I don't see why he wasn't held back before Christmas when the strain happened.
He wasn't held back as there wasn't an issue. He had a strain and the club now think let's go slowly with this from here. This is a guy that had a bad hamstring 2 years ago, then was completely mismanaged. We are doing the right thing by freeman and our long term aspirations by holding him back and making sure that it's sorted. When he finally gets on the park the mental hurdle will be easier to overcome!

View attachment 213626 This is on the AFL site. From Richo's interview on SEN. Says it all.
I don't understand the negativity on here sometimes.

it comes from this..

Freeman suffers hamstring strain
St Kilda recruit Nathan Freeman has suffered a strain in his right hamstring.

9:12pm Dec 16, 2015

Saints confident Freeman can beat hamstring issues
St Kilda’s high performance team believe that with some technique alterations, talented midfield recruit Nathan Freeman can get on top of his hamstring problems once and for all and prosper at the elite leve

11:09am Dec 21, 2015

Saints get back to work
Off-season recruit Nathan Freeman trained away from the main group as he continues his rehabilitation program following a minor setback with his troublesome hamstring prior to the break.

Injury Update: Billings on track
Off-season recruit Nathan Freeman still remains a work in progress, with the highly-rated midfield prospect continuing the rehabilitation program for his troublesome hamstrings.

5:19pm Jan 27, 2016

Plus the Article from today saying that he is 2 weeks away from the main group. If yea read the article on the 16th of December it says that he will be back to full training after Christmas/New Year. Fast forward to almost middle of Feb and it looks as though he still wont be joining the main group up until the start of march.

Can you understand the negativity with the club always saying a week or 2 and its ballooned out to over 2 months already. Cant they just say he is indefinite and on a modified program instead always a week or 2 away. Not that hard really. Just gives us false hope.

it comes from this..

St Kilda’s high performance team believe that with some technique alterations, talented midfield recruit Nathan Freeman can get on top of his hamstring problems once and for all and prosper at the elite leve

Saints get back to work
Off-season recruit Nathan Freeman trained away from the main group as he continues his rehabilitation program following a minor setback with his troublesome hamstring prior to the break.

Off-season recruit Nathan Freeman still remains a work in progress, with the highly-rated midfield prospect continuing the rehabilitation program for his troublesome hamstrings.

Plus the Article from today saying that he is 2 weeks away from the main group. If yea read the article on the 16th of December it says that he will be back to full training after Christmas/New Year. Fast forward to almost middle of Feb and it looks as though he still wont be joining the main group up until the start of march.

Can you understand the negativity with the club always saying a week or 2 and its ballooned out to over 2 months already. Cant they just say he is indefinite and on a modified program instead always a week or 2 away. Not that hard really. Just gives us false hope.
If you read the article today on afl.com.au richo clearly says he could play preseason games. It's the choice of coaches and medicos to not allow him too. That to me says the guy is fit. Billings in his interview says Freo is fit,the medicos are holding him back trying to make his hammy bullet proof

I can't understand the negativity. This bloke was drafted in 2013 and hasn't played a single game yet, so you think the best course of action is to bring him back as soon as he THINKS his hamstrings are fine?

That's what Collingwood did and it didn't work. Get a clue

it comes from this..

Saints get back to work

I get the frustration. But I don't get the negativity towards the club for it. I'd understand the negativity if we rushed him like the Pies did and completely stuffed him up. But negativity towards the club for going week by week and doing what's in Freeman's best interest in the long run? No. I don't understand that at all.

If you read the article today on afl.com.au richo clearly says he could play preseason games. It's the choice of coaches and medicos to not allow him too. That to me says the guy is fit. Billings in his interview says Freo is fit,the medicos are holding him back trying to make his hammy bullet proof

I did read the article just like i have read all the other ones. And to me if he COULD play in the pre season games then he would be joining the main group or already be in the main group not 2 weeks away as the article states.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back