Nathan Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

6th in the Coaches award (behind Selwood, Ablett, Riewoldt, Johnson and Cotchin)

Not bad for a team with 1 win

Only polled the 4 Votes this week, and either scored 3 from 1 coach and 1 from the other or scored 4 from the same coach.
Geez, no way were Swallow or Rischitelli better than Chunk.

The voting has to have gone like this:

Bluey
Ablett 5
Rischitelli 4
Swallow 3
Dawes 2
T McKenzie 1

Roos
Ablett 5
N Jones 4
Rischitelli 3
Swallow 2
Viney 1

Jones can't have received only one vote from either of the coaches PureFooty because Viney and McKenzie have one each (i.e. Roos' 1 vote and Bluey's 1 vote have been used). He can't have received two votes from each of the coaches either because one of them has to have given Dawes 2 votes (since McKenzie and Viney took up the 1s). So one of them has to have given him 4 votes, and the other zero, which I'm pretty sure Roos didn't do.

Shame on Bluey if my reasoning is accurate and he didn't give Jones a vote. Pretty embarrassing.

Geez, no way were Swallow or Rischitelli better than Chunk.

The voting has to have gone like this:

Bluey
Ablett 5
Rischitelli 4
Swallow 3
Dawes 2
T McKenzie 1

Roos
Ablett 5
N Jones 4
Rischitelli 3
Swallow 2
Viney 1

Jones can't have received only one vote from either of the coaches PureFooty because Viney and McKenzie have one each (i.e. Roos' 1 vote and Bluey's 1 vote have been used). He can't have received two votes from each of the coaches either because one of them has to have given Dawes 2 votes (since McKenzie and Viney took up the 1s). So one of them has to have given him 4 votes, and the other zero, which I'm pretty sure Roos didn't do.

Shame on Bluey if my reasoning is accurate and he didn't give Jones a vote. Pretty embarrassing.
Yeh that makes sense, strange he gave Dawes 2 over Jones. S'pose coaches see things differently, but hey if coaches want to keep underrating Jones I'm sure Jones won't care.

I just can't get over the transformation of this bloke. Once maligned for his poor decision making and poor disposal he is now one of the premium midfielders of the competition. This must simply come down to the hard work he has put in a boy has it paid off.
He currently sits, 9th in Effective disposals, 13th in Clearances, 13th in I50's, and 3rd in disposals. To be the 9th highest player for effectiveness in the competition, in a team put under more pressure than any other, that is a true testament to Jones. He now almost never, as if he's put on Gary Ablett's suit, gets brought to ground, and is by far our best decision maker and probably our best user of the ball. The bloke could very well go into Crown come mid September with a genuine chance of dobbing the Charles.

Well, I can get Watson and Griffen in right now for Dunstan and Tyson. But, I am now considering Jones for Tyson, then slotting Watson in next week after getting Salem onto my bench. Because that will free up some cash. And Watson might even be cheaper by then with his Break Even sitting at 131. As for Griffen on the other hand, Break Even 117. Don't think he'll tick over that this week. Though he should be improving soon. I'm not sure which route to take.

Its remarkable the similarities in career progression with Jonesy and Jobe Watson. Both considered plodders at best to begin with, then developed solid inside games with below average skills, improving those skills dramatically and adding the ability to play both inside and out, and both have gone on to become two of the leagues finest midfielders. It's not weird that I lie awake at night thinking about how much I love Nathan Jones, is it?

Not weird at all. With Vince, Cross, and Tyson etc. around him now, he's finding it much easier to cope. Which imo, has really helped to bring out the best in him. Smashing it in SuperCoach atm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back