Nathan Wright Sponsorship - Event 2 - Player Sponsor Amazing Race

Remove this Banner Ad

Good afternoon all.

Twitter celebrity L2M4G here.

Myself and Mindtraveller had a great time at "The Amazing Race" function last night.

The premise of the evening was that each player was the "captain" of the team and the team had to complete a series of tasks at a variety of local establishments, eg Luna Park, Vineyard.

Pre - function:

Mindtraveller and myself met up and enjoyed some delicious food and a beer just after 6pm. The players began to roll in about 6.30pm and had come directly from training, hence them running a tad late. I was impressed with their off field apparel to be honest. A combination of chinos, shirt, jumper, blazer and tie. It was funny to see all the first year players opt for the blazer, shirt, tie combo, whilst others like Wrighty, opted for the chinos and shirt out with the jumper. I must say Jack Sinclair looked like a Year 9 private school boy in his blazer, shirt and tie.

The Race:

We were given a map where all the local businesses were located and our "captain" was supposed to have downloaded a Scatify (sp?) app which contained all the trivia questions and tasks to be completed. Unfortunately Wrighty's phone was at 2% battery, so it was up to Mindtraveller's phone to step up. A quick download of the app and we were on our way.
Upon logging into the app we discovered Team Siposs had already logged in some 30 mins earlier and thus 45% of the tasks had already been completed #shiftysiposs
On our way to the first location poor Mindtraveller had his nose in the app and missed an upcoming pole which proceeded to give him a solid shirtfront and a cracked phone screen #notideal
The tasks varied between taste testing foods, finding QR codes and answering questions relating to the layout of the store.
It was great to have the opportunity to talk with Wrighty about all sorts of things. He's doing a personal training course away from footy and has just purchased a house in Cheltenham. He was happy with his VFL game on the weekend and Richo has him working on his disposal and finding the right balance between defence and attack.

Post race:

More delicious food and a beer was enjoyed and we had a chance to have a chat with a few players. I had a chat with Geary. He's touch and go to play this week as he has a bleed in his lower leg, but it's not a corky. He can't run at the moment. There looked to be quite a few sore boys and Lonie, Riewoldt, Fisher and Weller were not in attendance. Farren Ray was very happy with his return game and felt very fit.
A quick interview with Armo was had and then the prizes were given out. Team Minchington were the winners. Team Pierce were DQ'd and Team Delaney were the wooden spooners.

Overall a great night and a great chance to talk to the players in a relaxed environment. Highly recommend you become a player sponsor for these chances.

Thanks for Boydie for organising.

Glad you had fun.

club very good at organising this stuff these days, very professional and out of the box.

Acland St was full of players, mascots, people belting out the song.

Good for the brand.

My little guy had a ball, perfect event for him.

Wright seems a happy chappy :)

So heres my write up.

Rocked up around 6 to the place. Got a bit lost find it, so actually walked all the way around the back and jumped though the other restaurant :p. Food was good. Waiters walked around with Tuna Sashimi with a wasabi mayo, Beef sliders with Sweet buns and Pork Belly/Calamari with been shoot salad. Food was good. Salad was terrible.

So the MC got up and talked about the night, mentioning the players would be "Team Captains". We headed over to our "Team Captain" Nathan and started forming our team (I think there was 7 player sponsors in total, Nathan is Mr. Popular). I made some comment towards showing his leadership potential. As team captain he brought up the first immediate problem of his 2% battery phone. Good Leadership. Whipping mine out and logging on we were ready to go. When we logged on we could see which players had poor leadership :( already being 40 points ahead#shiftysiposs.

The "Amazing Race" was split in into a bunch of St Kilda related questions like how many BnF's does Rooey have? Does Harves have 5? Our guy starred in the question Who started there AFL career first Ross, Wright, Saunders or Murdoch? It was about this point I called for the Red Vest and walked into the pole, dropping my phone as well.

The tasks were simple and fun. From tasting food, pushing in front of Jack Sinclairs team to bellow out the club song, sending Templetons team the wrong way and hiding a surf board. Looking for Gems that spelled SAINTS was good fun, and we made Nathan do Pistol Squats at the gym with Viking Protein pamphlets.

We went back. More food. Satay beef with wholegrain rice and more Sweet bun sliders. L2M4G spoke to Geary. Our partners in crime during the whole event were part of the Moorabbin wing. Pierce turned into a Beetroot when his team got DQ'd. Well done to Minchingtons team.

Thats about it. Good night by all.

So heres my write up.

Rocked up around 6 to the place. Got a bit lost find it, so actually walked all the way around the back and jumped though the other restaurant :p. Food was good. Waiters walked around with Tuna Sashimi with a wasabi mayo, Beef sliders with Sweet buns and Pork Belly/Calamari with been shoot salad. Food was good. Salad was terrible.

So the MC got up and talked about the night, mentioning the players would be "Team Captains". We headed over to our "Team Captain" Nathan and started forming our team (I think there was 7 player sponsors in total, Nathan is Mr. Popular). I made some comment towards showing his leadership potential. As team captain he brought up the first immediate problem of his 2% battery phone. Good Leadership. Whipping mine out and logging on we were ready to go. When we logged on we could see which players had poor leadership :( already being 40 points ahead#shiftysiposs.

The "Amazing Race" was split in into a bunch of St Kilda related questions like how many BnF's does Rooey have? Does Harves have 5? Our guy starred in the question Who started there AFL career first Ross, Wright, Saunders or Murdoch? It was about this point I called for the Red Vest and walked into the pole, dropping my phone as well.

The tasks were simple and fun. From tasting food, pushing in front of Jack Sinclairs team to bellow out the club song, sending Templetons team the wrong way and hiding a surf board. Looking for Gems that spelled SAINTS was good fun, and we made Nathan do Pistol Squats at the gym with Viking Protein pamphlets.

We went back. More food. Satay beef with wholegrain rice and more Sweet bun sliders. L2M4G spoke to Geary. Our partners in crime during the whole event were part of the Moorabbin wing. Pierce turned into a Beetroot when his team got DQ'd. Well done to Minchingtons team.

Thats about it. Good night by all.
Great work Mind.

Seems like you and L2M4G had a great time and it was a good event too with plenty of player time available!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back