NBA Elite '11

Remove this Banner Ad

2k all the way, why would you want to pass up a chance to play as MJ?

Well, I did it a decade ago when he (and dozens of other NBA legends) were included in NBA Live 2000...

As an aside, IMO NBA Live 2000 on PC had the greatest player editing mode (appearance, attributes, everything) in the history of sports games.

All that being said, I'm looking forward to NBA 2K11 (haven't played any console games since NBA 2K8 on PS2), and it looks and sounds much more impressive than NBA Elite '11. Seeing as I have some spare disposable cash, I might just purchase a PS3 and a copy of 2K11 (along with WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011).

[youtube]FLPGDyE5pEE[/youtube]
Hahahahahahahaha.
OMG Brilliant. Andrew Bynum from the 2:22 mark caps it off as a stunning demo!:eek::thumbsu:

Hahaha awesome video.

"WTF?! He's standing in the middle like f'ing Jesus!" :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just downloaded and tried the demo today and honestly, it's not that bad. Sure, there are a lot of things that aren't up to scratch or at the same level as 2k11 but I don't think it's as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

I just downloaded and tried the demo today and honestly, it's not that bad. Sure, there are a lot of things that aren't up to scratch or at the same level as 2k11 but I don't think it's as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
You see the vid? Watch the vid. If you have seen the vid, watch again. If you still think this, bash yourself over your head with your console of choice.:)

I played one match in 2K10 where the half time cheerleader's 'forgot' to leave the court. I played the entire second half with them still dancing in the middle

You see the vid? Watch the vid. If you have seen the vid, watch again. If you still think this, bash yourself over your head with your console of choice.:)

I tend to agree with ceebs, I too downloaded the demo and if you actually take the time to learn the controlls properly (which the guy in the video definately did not do) then it is not as bad as what people are making out. Sure there are things they can improve on but the same goes for the 2k11 demo as well (several times I have seen the ball passed and it flies straight through the middle of a player, or when they have free throws you can clearly see that the players hands are not even touching the ball). So far both 2k and elite are just demos though, both will improve when the full game is released.

Not liking those new controls at all. Everything using the right stick doesn't make for a comfortable game.
Agree. After playing the demo it just doesn't feel right.

I like the way the shooting works and I reckon with time it would be pretty great to use. But everything else is sooooooooooooo awkward. Passing with R2? Seriously, who in their right mind thought that was a good thing? That makes everything on offence and defence move so slowly and good luck trying to change player quick enough to get a rebound too. I don't think I nabbed one legitimately!

Everything else with the new controls just seems to have way too steep of a learning curve for me to really stick with it. The shooting is good and very enjoyable, the dribbling is really basic, the defence is awkward and really nothing else works either. If I were to play this game, it'd be via the regular controls, a hybrid or custom system is desperately needed.

Even though I was playing on Pro (as I had no idea how to use the controls I figured going harder would rip me to pieces), the AI was terrible. They'd make most of their shots through sheer bullshittery but there was no dynamic to the way they played, I'd leave a player wide open and it'd take them a good 3-5 seconds to realise and make a play to get it over there, by then the guy was manned up. On offence it's much the same, players all move with seemingly set paths to go and don't really offer up anything really dynamic. Everyone just seems incredibly stupid, it didn't feel real enough to me.

The 2K demo was so far ahead it's not funny and I haven't even bought the 2K games for the last couple of years.

Haven't had Bynum 'Jesus' it up yet either.:(:thumbsdown:
Is there a turbo button in this game.....???
As far as I know, no. Which is ridiculous.:confused:

People are being awfully critical of a demo. At least now they'll know what people like/don't like and can fix it up. And NHL doesn't have a Speed Burst and neither does Madden. It makes it easier to focus on other things like putting hits on, or following your blocker through gaps. I've played the 2K Demo, and it certainly doesn't warrant a buy. It's the same as 2K10, just with Jordan on the cover.

People are being awfully critical of a demo. At least now they'll know what people like/don't like and can fix it up. And NHL doesn't have a Speed Burst and neither does Madden. It makes it easier to focus on other things like putting hits on, or following your blocker through gaps. I've played the 2K Demo, and it certainly doesn't warrant a buy. It's the same as 2K10, just with Jordan on the cover.
Contradiction galore. "People are being awfully critical of a demo"? Well what is your last comment about then? You're making more assumptions than anyone with "it's the same as 2K10 just with Jordan" when it's clearly been pointed out that there's a lot more been done since then.

A sprint/turbo/burst speed button isn't needed for every single sports game, but in playing the demo numerous times, it is certainly needed for this one. There's just nothing that dictates how fast I want my player to go, it's all AI controlled and it's VERY annoying, fast breaks generally aren't that fast because of this very reason and IMO it actually lends itself more to easy catch up mechanisms (the old "AI C faster than a PG trick")

Also your 2nd point "At least now they'll know what people like/don't like and can fix it up." Yeahhhhhh generally that isn't a good thing for a prospective buy title. Not to mention that it'll take a year for that stuff to truly be 'fixed'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back