NBA Elite '11

Remove this Banner Ad

Jam is actually more realistic. Not an opinion, it's fact :p

I kind of want EA to release a half decent game next year to at least challenge 2k, otherwise 2k will just put up whatever and people will buy it because it's the only basketball game out there.

Does this mean Durant doesn't get to be the cover athlete next year?

Found this on another site, was quite the LOL:

Yeah thats a good point and that cover the classic... what the f***?????

I watched a vid for this months ago where they went through the new controls and how excited they were. Seemed promising, like they might catch up to NBA 2k which really has been superb recently. Apparently the demo is horrible though...poor EA...

Oh well kiddies, like buy NBA 2k11 when it comes out :)

If you had of looked further in to this, you would have found that the reason the person bought it was because:

1. NBA Elite 11 might not even be released, EA may wait to release Elite 12, so any copy of Elite 11 out there would become a rare collectible

2. The guy owns every NBA Live ever made, therefore if Elite 11 is never released his collection would jump from NBA Live 10 to NBA Elite 12 and wouldn't be complete

The become a legend mode looks horrid compared to the My player mode in 2k

The become a legend mode looks horrid compared to the My player mode in 2k

Become a Legend was actually one of the better parts of the demo imo, and I was looking forward to playing it in the full version. I hope they fix up My Player in 2K11. I'd call for a pass once and get a bad mark for calling for too many passes and on a breakaway I'd miss a lay-up and get marked down for bad shot selection.

Now that the game has officially been delayed untill 2011, what improvements can EA make to be competitve with 2k sports.

I am a big live/elite fan, and i actually like the elite demo, the controls (for me) work well, the only adjustments they need to make is to change the 'pass' button from R2 to X, (were not playing hockey so there is no need to change everything to hockey controls!!!) besides nothing was wrong with the X button as pass, it was the shooting that needed fixing, and they have done that now. R2 needs to be the turbo button ! i mean what sport game dosnt have a sprint button!! IRgurus wernt foolish enough to not have a sprint button so why are you EA!

another thing i dont like, is movement with the player, it isnt very fluent, i think it was also highlighted in this thread that, the players dont bend their knees when shooting. the visual effects really need a polish, they honestly went backa step. we want NBA players not NBA avatars! garnett in the demo looks like an alien!

i am happy with the right stick as shooting/stealing/rebounding/rejecting
it gives me that feeling of 'total control' this is were EA has the upper hand on 2k but im sure they will catch on.

depending on the sales, if 2k does not take majority of EA sales, then this game will be worth the wait, so i hope all loyal elite fans can wait until next year, i know i am. its gonna be awsome.

Why would you want passing to use a face button when you need your right thumb on the analog stick?

look to be honest with you, i dont even use R2/X(in previous tittles) to pass, its not accurate. i use L1 then whichever icon for my desired player i want to pass to, which includes face buttons.

you cant shoot and pass at the same time, so theres no problems, same with the dribble. crossover(or watever dribble) first then pass the ball, just like in nba live 9-10

NBA Jam HD to be released (to retail) November 17 with Remix Tour as well as 2 on 2 local and online play, with a free update coming out in December with more modes. Will be nearly a full price title.

Source: http://www.giantbomb.com/news/nba-jam-hd-hitting-stores-in-november-will-cost-50-bones/2660/
EA has announced the details we've been scrounging for, confirming that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of NBA Jam will cost $50 and will ship on November 17. Also, this version will indeed ship with the Remix Tour (just like its Wii counterpart did) and is set to offer two-on-two local and online play out of the box.

But not all planned features will make it in the game by release day. In December, EA plans to build on the online offering by releasing a no-cost title update that adds Remix games, a progression and unlock system called Online Progression, and a three-person cooperative mode dubbed Jam Party.

Remix Games mode, according to EA, will include "classic arcade hoop games like Backboard Smash, Domination Free-for-All, Elimination, and 21." Online Progression seems to be a challenge mode that will, ultimately, allow you to unlock "secret online Jam Challenges to unlock online exclusive rewards and hidden content" if you meet whatever goals are set. That's neat. I think.

I'm glad NBA Jam's coming out by itself. NBA Elite just looks like a mess and NBA Jam would lose a lot of it's multiplayer appeal as a download game as you couldn't take it to other peoples houses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's probably the closest it's ever been to being cancelled for good. But this could be a good thing for the series overall really, but whatever it was holding the series back from getting released this year must've been way too deep seeded for them to get any sort of restoration fast.

It all bodes very well for 2K11 as well considering they put so much into it this year in getting Jordan as well. Sales should skyrocket.

Next year they might have fixed up a bunch of stuff but it's a sad day for the series after getting the name change, delayed after terrible demo impressions and now having a 'Wii Port' get the nod over such an established series.

EA got seriously owned in this whole affair.

Better luck next year lol

The reason for cancellation has finally been given. ""it was just going to be a bad game."

Source: http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1135977p1.html
NBA Elite just wasn't going to make the kind of impact EA desired. "Ultimately," Wilson admits, "it was just going to be a bad game." That's not because the ideas of radically changing the controls (one stick for dribbling and shooter, the other for foot movements) was a bad one. In fact, if you ignore all the other issues with NBA Elite, the controls show a lot of promise. But it is all those other factors that just weren't up to snuff and would have netted NBA Elite poor review scores and unfavorable reactions from gamers.

"I think that the goal of reinventing how people play basketball games and giving the gamer infinitely more control over the outcomes that appear on the screen in front of them, was something that just needed to take longer than we had," Wilson said. "We knew the goal was aggressive. But at the same time, we believed it was an important enough goal for the gamer, who'd been playing basketball games in a very similar way for a very long time."

Not many companies would have pulled the plug. After signing Kevin Durant as its cover athlete, investing considerable money and resources into building a brand new NBA title, and already investing in marketing buys, it couldn't have been cheap to axe NBA Elite. And then there's the impact on the partnership with the NBA.

A few years back, EA and 2K were bidding for exclusive rights to the NBA license, only to have the NBA eventually choose to leave the license open to both publishers. There's some debate on how the cancellation might affect EA's relationship with the NBA. Having no simulation game released this year while 2K11 looks like the second coming of sports games could be ammunition for 2K to push to be sole owner of the NBA license. Then again, putting out a completely inferior product against something as solid as NBA 2K11 could have done greater damage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back