NBA Elite '11

Remove this Banner Ad

People are being awfully critical of a demo. At least now they'll know what people like/don't like and can fix it up. And NHL doesn't have a Speed Burst and neither does Madden. It makes it easier to focus on other things like putting hits on, or following your blocker through gaps. I've played the 2K Demo, and it certainly doesn't warrant a buy. It's the same as 2K10, just with Jordan on the cover.

Hmmmmm?

NBA live/elite should stop making basketball games.

Everytime they take a step forward, their sequel takes a step backwards.

How can a game make a game?

Also, with my comment about 2K11 being the same as 2K10: Things have changed, but there is no new mode, or control scheme that's different from 2K10 to make me want to buy 11, but that's just my opinion.

Also, with my comment about 2K11 being the same as 2K10: Things have changed, but there is no new mode, or control scheme that's different from 2K10 to make me want to buy 11, but that's just my opinion.
Your opinion is fundamentally flawed and bordering on idiotic. Just my opinion on your 'opinion'.

Are you suggesting you'd rather buy a game that has a broken and flawed control system just because it's 'new'?

Your opinion is fundamentally flawed and bordering on idiotic. Just my opinion on your 'opinion'.

Are you suggesting you'd rather buy a game that has a broken and flawed control system just because it's 'new'?

This. Much rather they fix up the flaws, improve on the great (well, could be great) My Player mode etc. than bring in some stupid new feature which ****s the game. EA Sports are pretty good at that. (cough FIFA series cough.)

Explain to me how it's idiotic? And the control system in Elite isn't broken or flawed. It's new, it's different and makes every shot a challenge. Sure 2K have introduced their Jordan Challenge Game mode but the gameplay is just about the same and does not interest me. I'll admit, 2K looks visually better but I find it too slow and too similar to 10 and therefore I don't understand why I should fork out more cash for it.

Explain to me how it's idiotic? And the control system in Elite isn't broken or flawed. It's new, it's different and makes every shot a challenge. Sure 2K have introduced their Jordan Challenge Game mode but the gameplay is just about the same and does not interest me. I'll admit, 2K looks visually better but I find it too slow and too similar to 10 and therefore I don't understand why I should fork out more cash for it.
Because your general opinion is just idiotic and not right. You don't base your game purchases on what has the newest modes or gameplay introductions, you base them on what gameplay out-does the other, which one PLAYS better, it's an idiotic mindset to have anything else really because if a sports game doesn't play well there's nothing else to keep your interest.

Had you said you find the game slow and not as fun as something else, that makes a fair amount of sense (although I'm sure 99% of people who play BBall games would disagree, personally I've found it to be true in the past, but playing the 2K11 demo I felt a much better increase to speed). But your comment of "but there is no new mode, or control scheme that's different from 2K10 to make me want to buy 11" is stupid.

Elite's control system is VERY flawed. I've already stated that the shooting is actually quite fun using it and does bring a lot more skill into it. But it's way too focused on using the sticks for EVERYTHING which makes it flawed and often broken. The passing is terrible (R2 WTF?!:confused:), the button passing is worse (the seeming lag between pushing R1 and having the buttons on top of players heads pop up makes that an absolutely useless feature) and defence is made really awkward because reactions are generally taken out through the poor player switching system being laggy and generally not responsive to which player you want to switch to. Stealing and blocking seem to be a lottery (also blocking overall is WAY to prevalent).

Those are things I've picked up from a good chunk of time with the DEMO, how the full game would go I couldn't bare to think.

Because your general opinion is just idiotic and not right. You don't base your game purchases on what has the newest modes or gameplay introductions, you base them on what gameplay out-does the other, which one PLAYS better, it's an idiotic mindset to have anything else really because if a sports game doesn't play well there's nothing else to keep your interest.

Uh, shouldn't it be up to the individual what they base their game purchase on?

Had you said you find the game slow and not as fun as something else, that makes a fair amount of sense (although I'm sure 99% of people who play BBall games would disagree, personally I've found it to be true in the past, but playing the 2K11 demo I felt a much better increase to speed). But your comment of "but there is no new mode, or control scheme that's different from 2K10 to make me want to buy 11" is stupid.

Elite's control system is VERY flawed. I've already stated that the shooting is actually quite fun using it and does bring a lot more skill into it. But it's way too focused on using the sticks for EVERYTHING which makes it flawed and often broken. The passing is terrible (R2 WTF?!:confused:), the button passing is worse (the seeming lag between pushing R1 and having the buttons on top of players heads pop up makes that an absolutely useless feature) and defence is made really awkward because reactions are generally taken out through the poor player switching system being laggy and generally not responsive to which player you want to switch to. Stealing and blocking seem to be a lottery (also blocking overall is WAY to prevalent).

Those are things I've picked up from a good chunk of time with the DEMO, how the full game would go I couldn't bare to think.

"Because your general opinion is idiotic and wrong"? I asked for an explanation. I didn't say anything was dramatically wrong, I just said that it's too similar to 10 to warrant another purchase.

"Because your general opinion is idiotic and wrong"? I asked for an explanation. I didn't say anything was dramatically wrong, I just said that it's too similar to 10 to warrant another purchase.
Which I already stated that is not what I'm talking about. "Things have changed, but there is no new mode, or control scheme that's different from 2K10 to make me want to buy 11"

It's somehow that you make the correlation of a new mode or control scheme equalling a purchase that is mind bogglingly stupid.

Which I already stated that is not what I'm talking about. "Things have changed, but there is no new mode, or control scheme that's different from 2K10 to make me want to buy 11"

It's somehow that you make the correlation of a new mode or control scheme equalling a purchase that is mind bogglingly stupid.

Well if a game has no new major features and no new major game play improvements/changes from it's previous version, why would I buy it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if a game has no new major features and no new major game play improvements/changes from it's previous version, why would I buy it?
Because it's still exponentially better than the other offering.:confused:

Elite 11 controls are great, only a noob/a retarted bias 2k fan, would find it hard to use. once you get use to it, the game and the controls actually flow very well. BUT! it definately takes more then 5 minutes to get use to (which is what the demo offers).

Because it's still exponentially better than the other offering.:confused:

That's your opinion chief, and just because someone's opinion is different to yours, doesn't mean theirs is wrong.

They should just re-badge Elite as Jam, they look about on par with each other.
Jam is actually more realistic. Not an opinion, it's fact :p

They should delay it until 2099
I kind of want EA to release a half decent game next year to at least challenge 2k, otherwise 2k will just put up whatever and people will buy it because it's the only basketball game out there.

Does this mean Durant doesn't get to be the cover athlete next year?

Found this on another site, was quite the LOL:

Bought the Live series from 96 to 2009 and was always pretty happy with it. Had mates telling me in 2008 and 2009 to buy the 2K sports version so I bought it in 2010 and loved it. Played the Elite demo last week and was bitterly disappointed. They've taken massive steps back in many areas compared to previous versions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back