NBN providers, which one to pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Looking at the website having entered my address there's about 40 different companies available. Before I click on each of them is there any ones I should be inclined or disinclined toward? Are they all the same speed because of the shared infrastructure?

Never had NBN before so not sure if there's NBN-specific things I should be looking for.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Looking at the website having entered my address there's about 40 different companies available. Before I click on each of them is there any ones I should be inclined or disinclined toward? Are they all the same speed because of the shared infrastructure?

Never had NBN before so not sure if there's NBN-specific things I should be looking for.

Any advice would be appreciated.

The Whirlpool forums will probably be your best source of info

I have had Telstra NBN for 9 months and I have to say I have not noticed much difference in speed etc. You can get super fast speed if you are prepared to pay for it but the bog standard NBN set up does not appear that much faster than ADSL2+.

I am with Telstra and have had a couple of issues with the Telstra Gateway ( modem). I have a land line phone and occasionally the phone drops out and I have to reset the Gateway. I also find that after periods of inactivity on the computer the internet connection drops out and I have to wait for it to reconnect. this did not happen with my old ADSL2+ connection.

I should add that connecting to the NBN is not an option as once it is activated in your area you have around 18 months before the copper is decommissioned. I had no issues with my ADSL2+ service and thought Adam (now iiNet) was easier to deal with than Telstra who are a pain when something goes wrong. I went with Telstra as they were the only company offering a FOXTEL/ NBN/ Phone bundle. I get NBN/ FOXTEL and my land line for around $175.00 a month which is not bad.

Simple proposition - if there's a reasonable alternative, avoid Telstra.

Had a nightmare NBN connection with my mother. Every Telstra person I dealt with bar two were stupid campaigners.

Have had two centuries of grief with Telstra. Shocking telco.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back