fabulousfill

Cancelled
Apr 3, 2012
@ Home in the Riverina
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast Titans
Didn't know really where to put this, but here it goes. Just updated the 90's AFL logo to a "standard" today might work.
azie61.jpg
I 'borrowed' the shield from the NRL logo as it is the closest thing to a modern shield.

Didn't know really where to put this, but here it goes. Just updated the 90's AFL logo to a "standard" today might work.
azie61.jpg
I 'borrowed' the shield from the NRL logo as it is the closest thing to a modern shield.
I can see this as being the intermediary logo between the original AFL logo from the 90s and the current one, but not one to follow the current one . . .

azie61.jpg
But the problem is, with the A, for me is that the old one represented the Union Jack. It doesn't really here. Though I like the idea of updating the old one :thumbsu:

I love the old 90's AFL logo but I think what we have now just works. One of the main reasons why the old shield logo was changed was that it didn't read "AFL" – the "A" was sort of abstract in itself. It took me a while to realise that the letter actually incorporated the Union Jack.

If there is up to be an update of the AFL logo, it has to contain the entire initialism. No question.

azie61.jpg

Kind of like what the NFL and WWE have recently done with their respective logos... not a complete over haul, just modernise. Should have been the logo used in the 2000s before adopting the current logo, say in 2010.

I was always a fan of the 90s AFL logo. Clever use of of the union jack from the flag to put emphasis on Australia and a national competition, but very much done under style of the old VFL badge logo.

The only thing going against it was that it wasn't brand friendly. You couldn't name the league or where it was based just by looking at the logo having no prior knowledge of it. The current logo sorts this out, it's okay I guess, but it's a bit too sterile for my liking, looks like something you would see on a bottle of washing detergent with that big funky font that's used.

Not a big fan of NRL, but the NRL logo is pretty awesome. AFL logo needs a minor update - good start!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes lmach I did recolour these logos, they are much better than the ones the AFL has spat out
Bears - yes
Magpies - it's a raven
Tigers - no
Brisbane - too detailed

Yes lmach I did recolour these logos, they are much better than the ones the AFL has spat out
lol at how many pretentious posters there are in the "footy jumpers and graphic design" section, the logo's look great mate even if they are borrowed it's not like it's anything official. Maybe just put where the original pics came from in the post next time, will keep the copyright police happy :thumbsu:

lol at how many pretentious posters there are in the "footy jumpers and graphic design" section, the logo's look great mate even if they are borrowed it's not like it's anything official. Maybe just put where the original pics came from in the post next time, will keep the copyright police happy :thumbsu:
Yer, thought it'd be ok but apparently not (even though many others have done so in competitions)

Here's quick mockup of another one. Was just going to have the white ball, but then the logo would of had no red.
2e1abg1.jpg
inde8m.png

I've been working on and off on this project for a while now. It's basically what would have happened if a national competition were formed in 1982 properly. It's a showcase of the best of my designing ability. There will be lots of pictures and faux history as we go along.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back