New AFL Video Game - Wii - Q&A Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the cover for the Wii game as well?

afllivepromo.gif

No - I think the Wii already has a perfectly reasonable cover :)

(I would think that being a Carlton supporter)

Wasn't a big fan of how that ad looked but on a wii cover it looks pretty good.

500x500.jpg
:thumbsu::thumbsu:

this is actaully the first time i might go and buy a wii game, ive got 2 wii's and they have both been collecting dust for the past 2-3 years, i love how the TAC cup and VFL are in it, im just worried about how the game will play with the wii remotes and how it will flow.

Wasn't a big fan of how that ad looked but on a wii cover it looks pretty good.

500x500.jpg
:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Gee i wonder who the cover designer supports??

I hope this is not a reflection on gameplay as there is no way that Judd(i'm guessing it's judd but can't see any $50's or visy boxes in his pocket) would be that much higher than Cam wood in a marking contest!!

Definitely not Judd, reckon a Carlton supporter should be able to identify him. To a non-Blues fan, it looks like Aaron Joseph but I have a feeling I'm very, very wrong.

In any case, it's based on this photo:
187910.jpg

Good pickup TMS.

Do you guys have more questions for Ray?
Is there a way we can play in a conventional style with the Wii-mote if we don't have a Gamecube controller? I don't really wanna do it the waggle way.

With the stadiums, I'm assuming there'll be the 10 (I think) current AFL stadiums. But what are the other ones? Will they be grounds from the VFL/SANFL etc. or just random suburban grounds?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey ray is there any chance of some screen shots? im thinking of going out and buying a wii just to get this game

Are Wicked Witch hoping to launch this with BigAnts version?

Still keen to see some screen shots, surprised we haven't seen anything yet but in saying that the information you posted was pretty impressive.

Hey Everyone,

We have no control over when the game gets released but I would assume our game will be released the same time as BigAnts version if not beforehand. I noticed a poster in EB saying the release date was the 29th of April but this was news to all of us at Wicked Witch. However, now that I've been told that, I look forward to buying my copy then :)

Sorry BonzaBurgers for not answering your question earlier. I was hoping to get a few more questions before making another post.

In career mode you get to manage a team and play games with the team. Your created player (you need a profile character so yes, you can create a player) is tied to the team that you are managing. The game leans more to you being the manager but occasionally the line is blurred with your profile character having the same name and being referred to as you, the manager. Because of the blurring of lines here, you cannot trade your profile character. It is up to you whether you place your created player into your playing squad.

We are all avid AFL fans here at Wicked Witch and we feel it is unfortunate GWS is unplayable in Career Mode which includes the NAB Cup. Sorry SugarShane. To get approval for many of the awesome new features we wanted to include we had to make many compromises. We had implemented GWS to enter Career Mode in 2012 and use all the same concessions as they will receive in real life, which in my opinion would have been great fun to be in a similar position to Kevin Sheedy, however due to circumstances outside our control, this had to be removed. However we still feel it's a massive plus that you can play with GWS in Quick Match. You can edit the team line-up so that GWS will have the correct line-up for next year. Whether you take the time to do that is up to you as unfortunately, as mentioned earlier, we do not support DLC. Another one of these compromises is that any player outside the AFL is not licensed so are not real player names but you can always edit the team lists to accurately reflect the real player names. I am sure this is as disappointing for you as much as it is for us here at Wicked Witch. All I can say is we definitely wanted a lot more than is in this game (which is more than ever before anyway but we like to set the bar high) but it will take a lot of parties to come together which might just be too much hard work for some people. Not everyone is as passionate about AFL as us ;).

There are 16 stadiums in the game including 12 AFL venues. Again this is more venues than ever before in an AFL title. There were no games played in Cairns or Blacktown last year so we didn't have enough notice to put them in this title. I will probably delay the announcement of which stadiums are in the game but you should be able to work the 12 out. The other 4 stadiums (due to licensing and approvals again) MIGHT be loosely based on some Victorian grounds to help support the VFL and TAC Cup but otherwise are just generic random grounds ;).

No we have not implemented pointer controls for positioning. It was something that was mentioned early in development but it was a case of choosing what will make the game most compelling and functional for a first title. It is definitely on a wish list for future enhancements.

Yes our website is being updated and you will probably find the first release of screenshots there. Don't rush there yet or you will be disappointed! Screenshots are not far away we just still need to get a few things approved by the AFL. I would hope you would see something within the next few weeks but this is dependent on everything being approved first.

Hope that answers some questions and has you asking some more.

We are all avid AFL fans here at Wicked Witch and we feel it is unfortunate GWS is unplayable in Career Mode which includes the NAB Cup. Sorry SugarShane.

Nah no worries here! I doubt i'll ever play career mode with anyone but Adelaide anyway. Was just curious as to how the NAB cup had been organised since GWS are in it this year.

We are all avid AFL fans here at Wicked Witch and we feel it is unfortunate GWS is unplayable in Career Mode which includes the NAB Cup. Sorry SugarShane. To get approval for many of the awesome new features we wanted to include we had to make many compromises. We had implemented GWS to enter Career Mode in 2012 and use all the same concessions as they will receive in real life, which in my opinion would have been great fun to be in a similar position to Kevin Sheedy, however due to circumstances outside our control, this had to be removed. However we still feel it's a massive plus that you can play with GWS in Quick Match. You can edit the team line-up so that GWS will have the correct line-up for next year.
Sorry if I'm not quite grasping this one. But GWS ARE IN the game, just not available to be played in career mode or NAB cup? But apart from that their jumper and players (using Un-Official names?) are in?

Also, that concept you had for GWS would've been really cool to see implemented. Would've been interesting indeed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back