new players coming into gvfl thirds in 2008?

Remove this Banner Ad

a couple of boys from the KDFL coming to united this year i see on the transfer list: jesse donavan and nick mellington (ardmona) and john o'dwyer (avenal.
how will they go?

a couple of boys from the KDFL coming to united this year i see on the transfer list: jesse donavan and nick mellington (ardmona) and john o'dwyer (avenal.
how will they go?
Mellington will play ruck, still has a bit to learn but has great leap and strong skills. Only seen him in last years interleague and a couple of united scratch matches. I think he played a couple on permit last year. Word is that he is a hmore then handy player. O'dwyer will be a strong player in this comp, he has strength aggression and skills. Most likely to play through the midfield or down forward. Donovan I have heard is a consistent and reliable player without being a star. All three should adapt to the speed of GV ok and be handy players.

Looks as there are some clearences coming through now

Interested to hear on some of the names in which the Shepparton Bears and Shepparton Swans have picked

And what sort of players they are?

Also know of any upcoming practice matches involving 3rds teams?

Looks as there are some clearences coming through now

Interested to hear on some of the names in which the Shepparton Bears and Shepparton Swans have picked

And what sort of players they are?

Also know of any upcoming practice matches involving 3rds teams?

Champ check out earlier pages on this topic. There has been plenty written. Can tell you that the Swans will add another very strong player to their lists now that the cricket will be over tomoz.

Stanhope competition next week has United pitted against the Swans.

Champ check out earlier pages on this topic. There has been plenty written. Can tell you that the Swans will add another very strong player to their lists now that the cricket will be over tomoz.

i believe that player is tanky tom mkenna?

u involved at the swans mercedes? they went alrite didnt they. were they happy?

Demons4ever what did you think of the game?

u involved at the swans mercedes? they went alrite didnt they. were they happy?

Demons4ever what did you think of the game?

Yer I thought it was a good game but shouldn't read too much into it. Obviously Swans will be a lot stronger then last year and United still has some more to come in. Coach at United is only interested in the night series as practice match and has planned for the boys to be clicking round 1. I thought a lot of players game in and out of the game. Preece showed enough to suggest that he will be a quality player whilst Trelly will also improve. Overall in my opinion United will account for Swans in the season proper. Swans have a lot to look forward to and will win the fair share of games but may struggle against the Echuca's, Mooroopna's and Tatura's. i was impressed with the games of Freezer, Warren, Muggleton and Mellington.

Yer I thought it was a good game but shouldn't read too much into it. Obviously Swans will be a lot stronger then last year and United still has some more to come in. Coach at United is only interested in the night series as practice match and has planned for the boys to be clicking round 1. I thought a lot of players game in and out of the game. Preece showed enough to suggest that he will be a quality player whilst Trelly will also improve. Overall in my opinion United will account for Swans in the season proper. Swans have a lot to look forward to and will win the fair share of games but may struggle against the Echuca's, Mooroopna's and Tatura's. i was impressed with the games of Freezer, Warren, Muggleton and Mellington.

dont think tat will be up to their last year standards with bushies and seniors taking their good players and not much comin up

The game was a good hit out for both sides with numerous players from both sides playing out of position. Practice matches are just that and coaches do use them to experiment. Players from both side showed enough to suggest both will be more than competitive. United probably have a little bit more height than the Swans and they maybe just a little stronger in body at this stage. Both clubs can look forward to a good season.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who will play senior ya reckon rom the Under 16 or Thirds?

buffa, hicksy, dipetta, fraser, poppa maybe sully. playing against these guys and havent heard of tat picking up many recruits i reckon they will easy play ones. and lovell from U/16 played a game last year so he might also. afta that they drop of pretty quickly

buffa, hicksy, dipetta, fraser, poppa maybe sully. playing against these guys and havent heard of tat picking up many recruits i reckon they will easy play ones. and lovell from U/16 played a game last year so he might also. afta that they drop of pretty quickly
Durwood might also get a crack. Is Poppa ok, I heard he injured a shoulder or collar bone and might miss a month or so? Buffa will probably play a lot of bushies this year given their lack of height.

Durwood might also get a crack. Is Poppa ok, I heard he injured a shoulder or collar bone and might miss a month or so? Buffa will probably play a lot of bushies this year given their lack of height.

Yeah forgot tommy great player. dunno the news on poppa???

i just heard for the start of the season, tat will be playing there 3rds players in their age groups...

thats hardly a surprise they did it all of last year to try and get a premiership because their seniors werent going anywhere. probably do they same this year..
although iv been told the younger boys would rather be playing ones uder sera this year rather than play 3rds because his such a good coach and all the boys love him after playin 3rds under him.. so maybe after they qualify everyone for finals they'l start putting the better players up to 1s

D4E you going across tomoz? Should catch up. Let me know:cool:

i just heard for the start of the season, tat will be playing there 3rds players in their age groups...

where'd u hear that from? thats just whack.. round one tat have 7 of their top players not playing.. due to bushies and seniors.. so dont say stuff u dont know mate

the swans 18s seem to have notre div 1 from 2007... this should make them a serious contender for 2009.. but keeping in mind they will prob lose finnen and preece to bushies.