new players coming into gvfl thirds in 2008?

Remove this Banner Ad

Muggleton is no certainty. Tetley was not on the list and Dickson has not yet committed as far as i know. Of the highlighted players maybe two are good players not great!!
As far as i now about Tetly is playing for shep United he said he got his old number back 15.... i could be wrong just wait and see

As far as i now about Tetly is playing for shep United he said he got his old number back 15.... i could be wrong just wait and see

yep ur right chaps tetly got number 15 for next year... could be a real suprise packet next year.. played one game last year and kicked 3 goals as a 15yr old..

wat to support them from the pine

whats wrong with them two???
tuckett kicked a couple of bags during the year as a forward flank and kontakus was over seas for a number of weeks and came back in the first final and got best on while rusty and matty p were playing... i doubt they'd see much of the pine in any GV side :thumbsu:

aww sounds like someones got a bit of the jealousy bug haha *cindi*prob was on the pine supporting them boys but he still got a PREMIERSHIP MEDAL haha unlike u chokers from tonny;)
boys im just havin a bit of fun with you's, both players would easy get games in the gv thirds.. i dont no about jealousy, congupna were the best team by far and while we did kind of choke against moama i am happy the best team got the premiership

boys im just havin a bit of fun with you's, both players would easy get games in the gv thirds.. i dont no about jealousy, congupna were the best team by far and while we did kind of choke against moama i am happy the best team got the premiership
yeah ur rite bruzy...
anyway who's swans recruiting this year? will the guns be still there plunkett,hand etc.

i here steele sidebottom is spending a week at essendon this week as part of his AIS training. hope he goes well. he has been seen running every morning around town and is putting in the hard yards. good luck to him.

yeah ur rite bruzy...
anyway who's swans recruiting this year? will the guns be still there plunkett,hand etc.
I heard that they have picked up Chris Grant, Tom Preece and Jesse Finnen for sure. If this is right then they have got some quality there as all 3 are very good players. They must also have Poustie (family is at the club) and Knaggs. I have heard rumours that they have picked up some of the lesser known Notra boys as well. Can anyone confirm this. Also heard that the ever reliable Joe Fui is back in town, any chance of them getting more then a few games out of him this year lol.

Glad to hear that as I saw both these boys during last season and they can play. I hope Tuckett does sign up with United as he will be almost impossible to match up on and would probably kick 30 to 40 goals as a flanker. I really rate him as a potential matsch winner. And the golden greek could be anything, speed to burn, silky skills and dynamite disposal. He will also be a top player in the United side if he signs. Can anyone confirm if these two, Dickson and Muggleton will be moving to the dees? I heard they might be remaining at the Road?

I heard that they have picked up Chris Grant, Tom Preece and Jesse Finnen for sure. If this is right then they have got some quality there as all 3 are very good players. They must also have Poustie (family is at the club) and Knaggs. I have heard rumours that they have picked up some of the lesser known Notra boys as well. Can anyone confirm this. Also heard that the ever reliable Joe Fui is back in town, any chance of them getting more then a few games out of him this year lol.

Who would want him. Your right about the other three but there are 5 others that played interleague last year going there plus some other very good footballers from around the area. might be the surprise packet this year.

anyone heard how the bears went 2nite. They had plenty of under 16 kids training!!

Who would want him. Your right about the other three but there are 5 others that played interleague last year going there plus some other very good footballers from around the area. might be the surprise packet this year.

anyone heard how the bears went 2nite. They had plenty of under 16 kids training!!

ppl keep saying that swans are goin to be the surprise packet this year?
how is this gonna happen when from what iv read on here the good players they have are all bottom agers and there is only about 5 of them?Chris Grant, Tom Preece, Poustie, barolli and Jesse Finnen.. all good players for there are but they are not all, if any goin to dominate at this level when they've just come up from u16s.. its a fair bit of a step up in pace skill and the boys are alot bigger... unless alot of there bottom agers from last year step up then i cant see how 5 good u16 players are gonna make them the surprise packet?
just my opionion, anything could happen now untill the start of the year!
when do the swans start training? apparently bears started last night and united start next wednesday..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how is this gonna happen when from what iv read on here the good players they have are all bottom agers and there is only about 5 of them?Chris Grant, Tom Preece, Poustie, barolli and Jesse Finnen.. all good players for there are but they are not all, if any goin to dominate at this level when they've just come up from u16s.. its a fair bit of a step up in pace skill and the boys are alot bigger... unless alot of there bottom agers from last year step up then i cant see how 5 good u16 players are gonna make them the surprise packet?
when do the swans start training? apparently bears started last night and united start next wednesday..

next week.

true a lot of the boys are bottom agers but others coming are leaving Under 17 competitions. A lot of the players they recruited this year played a couple of games with the swans last year and performed ok. what i did say was that 5 others played interleague (excluding the three you have mentioned) were going to the club. seeing they finished on the bottom last year and marked improvement is on the cards with the recruits that i know that are going there. how far they can go is the question - a rough final chance i believe. anyway time will tell.

chow mate

you would have josh mellington coming into the gv will be a handy pick up for benalla, coming from KDFL premiership team Violet town as a 14-15 year old he kicked 90 odd goals playing full foward and in the guts. narowly missed u/15 bushies last year due to a broken leg last pre-season!

you would have josh mellington coming into the gv will be a handy pick up for benalla, coming from KDFL premiership team Violet town as a 14-15 year old he kicked 90 odd goals playing full foward and in the guts. narowly missed u/15 bushies last year due to a broken leg last pre-season!
you fellas seem to know alot bout the comp. for a player coming into the gv (shepp) which club would be the best to go to?

you fellas seem to know alot bout the comp. for a player coming into the gv (shepp) which club would be the best to go to?
muggles this is how it is mate... haha
UNITED>>>>BEARS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>swans

muggles this is how it is mate... haha
UNITED>>>>BEARS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>swans

hahahaha close.. but ill tip swans to beat bears... all should be pretty good games, the teams will be fairly even this year... maybe :thumbsu:

Having seen these guys play last year I have no doubt they will be good players for the swans. all can play and together will provide a good base to build a side. I aslo agree that Swans will be the big improvers with United also being a formidible side. Still hard to see ant side really pushing Echuca though.

Having seen these guys play last year I have no doubt they will be good players for the swans. all can play and together will provide a good base to build a side. I aslo agree that Swans will be the big improvers with United also being a formidible side. Still hard to see ant side really pushing Echuca though.

Echuca have not won any games , started training, qualified for the finals or won the premiership. Sides that work hard and take the least amount of shortcuts win flags-all sides are in the starting blocks and thats it at this stage.

Echuca have not won any games , started training, qualified for the finals or won the premiership. Sides that work hard and take the least amount of shortcuts win flags-all sides are in the starting blocks and thats it at this stage.

A fair call though i would point out some of the obvious reasons why they are the side to beat. They retain a large number of the side that was beaten in last years Grand Final and added to this they have a group of extremely talented players coming up from the 16's which were undefeated last year with no side coming within 6 gaols of them all year. They have talent across the board and no obvious weaknesses.
Further they have a good coach who 1: Wont take short cuts 2: Will work the group hard and 3: Already started training. You don't need to be Einstein to figure out with sort of mixture they ARE THE TEAM TO BEAT this year.

ky is shaping up well with only loosin a couple of players from last yrs team we still have brad edwards, nathan beck, aaron gill, brad orr and ty guieny and with the under 16s being in the grand final and loosin to echuca we have players like oggie, civa, who can play under 16s again but r playin thirds we also have some michael pryde, adam lovison who r tryin out for bushies at the moment then we have alot of boys who r really talent should b a good yr for us boys at ky

ky is shaping up well with only loosin a couple of players from last yrs team we still have brad edwards, nathan beck, aaron gill, brad orr and ty guieny and with the under 16s being in the grand final and loosin to echuca we have players like oggie, civa, who can play under 16s again but r playin thirds we also have some michael pryde, adam lovison who r tryin out for bushies at the moment then we have alot of boys who r really talent should b a good yr for us boys at ky
Agree with you, I think Ky will be the big improver. Edwards, Beck and Guieny are really good players. Add Oggie, Pryde and Lovison and Ky will have a strong onball squad. The only concern would be the other positions. Last season I felt they had too many ordinary players to match it with the top sides.

Agree with you, I think Ky will be the big improver. Edwards, Beck and Guieny are really good players. Add Oggie, Pryde and Lovison and Ky will have a strong onball squad. The only concern would be the other positions. Last season I felt they had too many ordinary players to match it with the top sides.

Difficult to say how they will go, Edwards and Beck would have to be a chance to play seniors at some stage, Oggie is still only u/16 Pryde never got a touch last year and lovo is big hearted but skills ordinary. Ky didn't make finals last year so will have to i9mprove lots from where i sit.