State New South Wales Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

There are 3 new south welshman in the tassie team.

Ward, Doran and Bird.

While the blues look like they are struggling to field a team.
If they weren't injured add Lawrence Neil-Smith and Nathan Ellis to that list. Even Mac Wright played some cricket for NSW Country if memory serves. Tassie has done and is still benefiting greatly from cricketers from my state.

At what point to NSW move on from Sangha?
Doesn't have it
He is an enigma that's for sure. There is one thing that gives me hope that there is still a future for him. A large majority of his dismissals are not thru poor execution but very good bowling. He seems to get a disproportionate number of peaches.

Last edited:
He is an enigma that's for sure. There is one thing that gives me hope that there is still a future for him. A large majority of his dismissals are not thru poor execution but very good bowling. He seems to get a disproportionate amount of peaches with the newish ball..
Glad I have an ally on Sangha BStaff17

No doubt he needs to improve by finding a way to keep out the peaches. But he is not the lost cause some are saying.

SCG deck has morphed into a spin friendly horror.

Last edited:
OMG wooden spooners. The major reason for this was inconsistency with both bat and ball across all seven rounds. Players that need delisting imo are Gilkes, Edwards, Henriques, Copeland, Nevill and Conway while Patterson is on thin ice after a poor season @28. Blues selectors need to persevere with Hearne, Hackney, Kerr while Holt's keeping alone in his debut year should keep him contracted. He is a competent red ball batsman and will show that in the future. I am upgrading rookie quicks Ryan Hadley and Hunan Verma and want to take a look at Tom Jaggot, George Furrer and Mathew Moran from our Premier Cricket/Seconds.

My Blues X1 in 22/23.
Hughes
Hackney
Sangha (c)
Patterson
Hearne
Holt
Kerr
Tremain
Hadley
Verma
T Sangha.
You finished 4th

Changed it. You guys are like bloody vultures.. pounce when a bloke makes a faux pas before he has time to rectify it. Post a sensible comment about my post or team instead, eh pal. For the record we finished last on points.. to me that is the wooden spoon.
Jeez. You played fewer games and had a couple of nice against Tassie and Queensland.

As far as I'm concerned you guys are rebuilding. You've tried some things this year that have worked, like both Sangha's. It's not necessarily a quick product, like Victoria's looks like. Baxter Holt I'm really not sure of, looks a very nice keeper but his batting is very iffy.

The Edwards boys must have pics of someone high up!
Jack Edwards is a good ODD player and gets a bit too much flak for his FC stuff too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely a review of their pathway programs and fast tracking of said pathway players is needed more than a change of coach?

1. Lachlan Hearne
2. Daniel Hughes
3. Kurtis Patterson
4. Jason Sangha
5. Moises Henriques
6. Matthew Gilkes
7. Sean Abbot
8. Chris Green
9. Chris Tremain
10. Liam Hatcher
11. Tanveer Sangha

Surely a review of their pathway programs and fast tracking of said pathway players is needed more than a change of coach?
Stuart Clarke has gone WHACK in recent days on this very subject

Don't follow NSW premier cricket to closely but who are the older (+23 y.o's) who probably deserve a shot at FC cricket?

I think I will be a turncoat and support the Tigers this week. Am disgusted with our selectors choosing practically the same side that has seen our season crumble without a single win from 6 matches. Only guys I'd feed are Hughes, Tremain, Patterson, Zampa, with Sangha borderline.

I was reading about this. Does not surprise me in the least. I can name three recent NSW Premier Cricket players that this applies to. All have now been forced out of their state to play elsewhere because development coaches told them there was no point for the pathway bosses to invest in their future. All are now promising cricketers playing for their new states, while one has already played for his country. He is Nathan Ellis. The other two are Tim Ward and Lawrence Neil-Smith. Is Henry Hunt also on that pathways reject list as I dont recall him playing any national under age cricket? Going further back we have that quality seamer Jackson Bird. I'd not be surprised in the least if Joe Mennie, Ed Cowan and even Stuart Clark were also on the list.

Please retire at year end Henriques. You are as stale as a 10 day old loaf of bread. Copeland too is stale but still worth his place, yet he has hardly played this season.

Last edited:
I think I will be a turncoat and support the Tigers this week. Am disgusted with our selectors choosing practically the same side that has seen our season crumble without a single win from 6 matches. Only guys I'd feed are Hughes, Tremain, Patterson, Zampa, with Sangha borderline.

I was reading about this. Does not surprise me in the least. I can name three recent NSW Premier Cricket players that this applies to. All have now been forced out of their state to play elsewhere because development coaches told them there was no point for the pathway bosses to invest in their future. All are now promising cricketers playing for their new states, while one has already played for his country. He is Nathan Ellis. The other two are Tim Ward and Lawrence Neil-Smith. Is Henry Hunt also on that pathways reject list as I dont recall him playing any national under age cricket? Going further back we have that quality seamer Jackson Bird. I'd not be surprised in the least if Joe Mennie, Ed Cowan and even Stuart Clark were also on the list.

Please retire at year end Henriques. You are as stale as a 10 day old loaf of bread. Copeland too is stale but still worth his place, yet he has hardly played this season.
It is 24 years since I had a 2 year stint in “Grade” it was the best cricket I was ever involved with. What has occurred here is the same in Victoria which is an absolute undermining of the structure that made Australian cricket the strongest in the world. I read somewhere the other day some comments from the CA CEO about what the major challenge was facing the sport and he listed something about elite players pay…talk about having no idea 🤷‍♂️ Grassroots in massive trouble leads to this - nothing else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back