Shield Round 6: New South Wales vs Tasmania, SCG, 28th Nov-1st Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

Hughes finally dropped for NSW. He's been playing s**t for the past 3-4 years but always manages to save himself with one innings that is an extreme outlier.

Not saying Hackney or Nikitaras will be up to it but Hughes hasn't been up to it in the longer format for a while.

Bit harsh, 21/22 @48, 22/23 @41. Sh*t this season tho, 48,0,6, 23,20,0,3,21 in his last 8 digs. Looks to have played a year too long. Expect he will retire now.
Take out his 89* and he averages 30. He's played 3 years too long.

Tassie seamer Lawrence Neil-Smith with a 5for at stumps. He worried all batsmen with his movement, accuracy and bounce. The more I see of him the more he reminds me of a young Glenn McGrath.

Ollie Davies with another 50. This guy may be be another Davey Warner, both with similar footwork, techniques and brutal stroke makers with little respect for the bowler.

Last edited:
Middle order batsmen have a charmed existence coming in after much of the hard work has been done by the openers. Fact is the opener is not given the respect he deserves as it is his ability against the new ball that makes the following bats look good and take most of the plaudits.
I remember it used to be almost a policy that you needed to bat 4 at the lowest in Shield to be considered as a batsman for Test cricket....basically for this very reason.

Why didn’t campaigner Warner bother to play this match?

Typical of the useless poc.
Probably because he only has 3 tests left and instead let Nikitaras play since he won't play after Christmas?

This is going a bit rubbish without Webster to save us like he's done every other game this year. Need the mother of all tail wags.

This is going a bit rubbish without Webster to save us like he's done every other game this year. Need the mother of all tail wags.
Thought Wakim started well too tbh. Probably in the team of the tournament at this point.

Sangha's catch of Doran is an absolute screamer. He has to be the best slipper in Australia amongst some very stiff competition. Webster and Handscomb are both excellent. Green showed for WA yesterday he could do it in the slips what he's been doing in the gully for Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sangha's catch of Doran is an absolute screamer. He has to be the best slipper in Australia amongst some very stiff competition. Webster and Handscomb are both excellent. Green showed for WA yesterday he could do it in the slips what he's been doing in the gully for Australia.
Renshaw is excellent as well.

Cheers blues. Batting still needs work but beating the top 2 sides is nothing to scoff at.

That crack on a good length running down a 4th stump line caused complete havoc. The pitch got a bit of rain around about the time Henriques got out and it seemed to cause it to start really playing up too. The last 17 wickets of the match fell for 86 from that point.

In saying that I think Bird and Nisbet were both unlucky with the decisions they got once you saw on replay how far the ball moved off the crack to the point they were most probably missing leg. Gilkes' was obviously a shocker too. Not that I think they'd have made many more given the conditions/their ability.

Once Tremain had locked down on that crack he was near impossible to play. Just kept hitting it.

That crack on a good length running down a 4th stump line caused complete havoc. The pitch got a bit of rain around about the time Henriques got out and it seemed to cause it to start really playing up too. The last 17 wickets of the match fell for 86 from that point.

In saying that I think Bird and Nisbet were both unlucky with the decisions they got once you saw on replay how far the ball moved off the crack to the point they were most probably missing leg. Gilkes' was obviously a shocker too. Not that I think they'd have made many more given the conditions/their ability.

Once Tremain had locked down on that crack he was near impossible to play. Just kept hitting it.
If you want to see a bad decision, have a look at Rocchiccioli's.
Absolute shocker.

Last edited:
Blues take out depleted WA to move up the ladder. Gilkes is on very thin ice. If Holt is on the outer then do us a favor and find a competent keeper in Seconds or Premier that can actually spend time at the crease.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back