Remove this Banner Ad

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
NSW won the toss and elected to bowl.

NSW: Ryan Hackney, Daniel Hughes, Blake Macdonald, Jason Sangha, Moises Henriques (c), Ollie Davies, Matthew Gilkes (wk), Jackson Bird, Nathan Lyon, Chris Tremain, Liam Hatcher

WA: Cameron Bancroft, Sam Whiteman (c), Teague Wyllie, Hilton Cartwright, Josh Philippe (wk), Ashton Turner, Hamish McKenzie, Joel Paris, Charlie Stobo, Corey Rocchiccioli, Lance Morris

Not sure the 5 bowlers is the right call again. I'd play Hobson at 7 tbh
I've watched him in Premier cricket, his technique isn't the best. Like Philippe really.

4 down at lunch, relying on Bancroft to snail us back into the game is a dangerous business

That Cartwright dismissal is really odd. It's like he didn't pick up the ball.

That Cartwright dismissal is really odd. It's like he didn't pick up the ball.
It kept a bit low but hardly surprising given Moises lack of pace.

NSW's batting is the only hope now

Banking on McKenzie and Paris to stand up with the bat

Phillipe's poor form with the bat continues as well
Who's the next cab off the rank to wicketkeep in the 4 day arena, if they have to drop Phillipe & assuming Inglis is unavailable?

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sport FM were talking up a young lad who's batting well in the futures league today. Forget his name unfortunately
Joel Curtis made a ton today.

Or does Bancroft keep?

As much as I am keen to see WA taken down a peg or three. Both Lyon's LBW's were marginal at best.
Wyllie's was a tad high. Clipping bails at best. McKenzie stiff IMO, sliding down for mine.

Banking on McKenzie and Paris to stand up with the bat

Phillipe's poor form with the bat continues as well
Brilliant ball from a high quality shield bowler. Dismissals like that can happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever the Spirit of Cricket is, this has got to be one of the worst trangressions against it in a while.
Clearly bounces and they all sook about it not given out. What a surprise that Liam Hatcher is just an uglier Jonny Bairstow.

Not even close to being a red ball top six batsman.
Leave him in the BBL or ODD, that is his game.

Slap in the face for rookie Jack Nisbet after his fine debut. Hatcher has never cemented a spot and only taken a mediocre 35 @35. How in any universe is that FC standard.

Blues have not won a match since Feb '22, with our batting being the prime reason. So lets not hold our breath.
Hatcher 4 wickets. Davies currently 62*. You really do have a magic touch haha.

The Davies situation is interesting. As someone who watches as little T20 as possible, I am aware of Davies, but haven't seen him play. I remember years ago people saying Warner was only a T20 slogger, but he turned out to be a very successful cricketer in all forms of the game. Fingers crossed for Davies, always good to see young talent doing well.

Most wa 1st grade sides would put up a better fight than this.

The Davies situation is interesting. As someone who watches as little T20 as possible, I am aware of Davies, but haven't seen him play. I remember years ago people saying Warner was only a T20 slogger, but he turned out to be a very successful cricketer in all forms of the game. Fingers crossed for Davies, always good to see young talent doing well.

hits the ball extremely hard, still only 23 too. Does remind me alot of Warner, compact technique but hits a long ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back