Shield Round 6: Queensland vs Western Australia, Gabba, 28th Nov-1st Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

Morris was rested.
Not sure what happened with Paris though.

We probably need to win this one to make the final I guess.

Why ???....just blows my mind play him FFS

I'm just getting sick of this crap tuggs...one bowler in one bowler out every FFKing game

are they injured ??? like seriously wtf

Chopping and Changing every bloody game ..I'll tell you what WA ...its going to catch up with them and bite them in the arse

I'm just getting sick of this crap tuggs...one bowler in one bowler out every FFKing game

Chopping and Changing every bloody game ..I'll tell you what WA ...its going to catch up with them and bite them in the arse
It's actually good management.

WA have 5 or 6 quicks up to FC level in Richardson, Morris, Stobo, Paris, Kelly and Haskett (from the little I've seen) so managing them so they all are able to last the season is very smart.

Just playing Richardson, Morris and Paris every game when all three are very injury prone is dumb. That strategy is the one that would catch up with them.

Don't think you can't blame the WACA if CA tell them to rest someone whose contracted to CA.

It's bloody annoying though.

We seem to lose 1 or 2 each game.
Turner still injured?

Paris tweaked a groin last game.
Maybe they're playing it safe with him.
He's a huge out though.

WA have 5 or 6 quicks up to FC level in Richardson, Morris, Stobo, Paris, Kelly and Haskett (from the little I've seen) so managing them so they all are able to last the season is very smart.

Just playing Richardson, Morris and Paris every game when all three are very injury prone is dumb. That strategy is the one that would catch up with them.
Good management would be playing two of them interesting one IMO.

Its a green wicket its the gabba ...if Morris is fit you play him ...I bet you Marnus and Ussie are loving it that Morris is rested

I know perhaps never play them at all because they might get injured :rolleyes:

Has CA decided to rest Morris because he is going to play the first test is that it ???? because I have no idea why professional cricketers are not playing when fit

frustration for me :mad:

Good management would be playing two of them interesting one IMO.
Maybe. But still rotating through all 5 or 6 is smart management.
Its a green wicket its the gabba ...if Morris is fit you play him ...I bet you Marnus and Ussie are loving it that Morris is rested

I know perhaps never play them at all because they might get injured :rolleyes:

Has CA decided to rest Morris because he is going to play the first test is that it ???? because I have no idea why professional cricketers are not playing when fit

frustration for me :mad:
It's a green wicket yes but just because the fans want all three at the same time doesn't mean it's a smart strategy.

You're overreacting because you aren't getting what you want. Managing players so they get through a whole season is actually a very good idea.

It might be frustrating but these guys know what they're doing. They've done this the last two years, and look what's happened for your state over that time.

Serious question, why is Ussie batting 4 and not opening? Burns will be batting 3 when Marnus and Ussie aren't there so he's better off just batting 3/4 throughout. I understood it when the top 4 was Renshaw/Street/Burns/Ussie but not now. Ussie/Renshaw could be the Aussies opening combo soon enough, so let them open together in the Shield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question, why is Ussie batting 4 and not opening? Burns will be batting 3 when Marnus and Ussie aren't there so he's better off just batting 3/4 throughout. I understood it when the top 4 was Renshaw/Street/Burns/Ussie but not now. Ussie/Renshaw could be the Aussies opening combo soon enough, so let them open together in the Shield.

I also find it strange the test opener hasn't opened in any shield game this season and yeah, especially in this one.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe. But still rotating through all 5 or 6 is smart management.

It's a green wicket yes but just because the fans want all three at the same time doesn't mean it's a smart strategy.

You're overreacting because you aren't getting what you want. Managing players so they get through a whole season is actually a very good idea.

It might be frustrating but these guys know what they're doing. They've done this the last two years, and look what's happened for your state over that time.
Disagree Eth

If he is fit he plays you play your best 11

I think it’s perfectly fine for CA to manage Richardson and Morris’s workloads.
And we’ve had plenty of time to deal with it. They said it was what was going to happen before the season started.

Regardless, this looks destined to be a draw with the forecast for the next 3 days, Thursday looks like the only day you'll get a full days play with the rain expected overnight and late tomorrow, and then more rain on Friday.

Makes the SA vs Victoria game very interesting, with 5.33 separating WA to SA and 6.88 between WA and Victoria, a win for SA puts them in second if they get .34 more BP than WA, Victoria with the much more unlikely virtual 2 point difference to WA to get there for a win. Both probably hoping Queensland roll them for under 200

Jhye is clearly above domestic level.

If he can stay fit - think he can potentially be the missing link for our T20 world cup next year.

So many mid range plodder bowlers - we need someone at a true international level.

PLus his batting it more than handy

Jhye is clearly above domestic level.

If he can stay fit - think he can potentially be the missing link for our T20 world cup next year.

So many mid range plodder bowlers - we need someone at a true international level.

PLus his batting it more than handy

Big big IF mate. He typically plays one game and he’s cooked for months lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back