NFL off-season. Rumours, gossip and facts

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee Samuri , people in glass houses. Your ground surface wasn't much better than ours from mid-season. Your home room is pitiful , 3 working showers , 1 filthy toilet & no way u could warm up in there- tiny, no where to park. For an A-grade premiership club I was shocked. Yes the social club area is pretty good , buy that would be the only area u have us covered.
Pardon??? Who has us covered???

Exciting year ahead for the Watsonia Football Club, hopefully filled with great success and yes Doona2 I did play at Heathcote this year, great team to be part of but the opportunity to coach a senior football team could not be looked past. Up the saints 2013!!!

All the best mate. If Watsonia can play a whole season the way they started this season when they had a big win and a few competitive efforts (and of course the game they should've won against Parkside when they kicked 2.10 in the last quarter) I think you would be in for a season of improvement. Would say four wins would probably be where the Saints would like to be next season.

After the signing of varsamakis, the bulls have also inquired about the services of Perry & Taglieri

Eltham need to stop sitting on their hands and start signing existing and new talent

After the signing of varsamakis, the bulls have also inquired about the services of Perry & Taglieri

Eltham need to stop sitting on their hands and start signing existing and new talent

What Ive heard is that Perry has been carrying seriuos injury most of the year. Career could be finished

What Ive heard is that Perry has been carrying seriuos injury most of the year. Career could be finished

Perry has been carrying hotspots on his shins, so a well earned break and a modified preseason, he should be right to go. Far from a career finishing injury

Exciting year ahead for the Watsonia Football Club, hopefully filled with great success and yes Doona2 I did play at Heathcote this year, great team to be part of but the opportunity to coach a senior football team could not be looked past. Up the saints 2013!!!

Good luck with it mate, I know a number of your HDFL Saints team mates and they speak very highly of you, one infact suggested our club ring you but sounds like you've got an amazing opportunity. I applaud any guy who's willing to jump into the fire and have a go, especially younger fella's :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I hear that's a correct rumour. Will be a big loss to the Panther.

Have also heard that Mont have signed a new (old) coach. Spoke to a few people that are not at all happy with the appointment and threats of withdrawing support. Not happy at all.

Under the circumstances wouldn't be focusing too much on the consequences of the Mont appointment. Happy to stand corrected, however, in light of the Varsa departure one can only presume all is not well at happiness on the hill. Any reasonably minded person would think an explanation/justification would follow. Minimal damage control rhetoric please, i.e. no pious platitudes.

Under the circumstances wouldn't be focusing too much on the consequences of the Mont appointment. Happy to stand corrected, however, in light of the Varsa departure one can only presume all is not well at happiness on the hill. Any reasonably minded person would think an explanation/justification would follow. Minimal damage control rhetoric please, i.e. no pious platitudes.
To be fair to the Panthers, this shift may say more about the bloke than the club? Keen to be corrected on that score if I am worng of course!

Can't help ya Boof. Vars (and others) have been courted by other Clubs (which happens to many players from all Clubs every year) and has decided to jump ship.

Will most definitely be a loss but no one (or two, or three....) player is bigger than a Club and the Panther must move on.

However I will squash any rumour that the Panther is in damage control and calls to Kickass have been made for a return. ;)

Can't help ya Boof. Vars (and others) have been courted by other Clubs (which happens to many players from all Clubs every year) and has decided to jump ship.

Will most definitely be a loss but no one (or two, or three....) player is bigger than a Club and the Panther must move on.

However I will squash any rumour that the Panther is in damage control and calls to Kickass have been made for a return. ;)
In a harse sense of reality Varsa is probably no longer in top 22 at the Panth, just as Kickass is no longer in the top 22 of posters on Bigfooty. On a positive side, This opens doors for younger talent to come through, and whilst i'm sure the Panth will cope to cover Vars, i'm not as confident that BF willever return to it's days of Glory.

To be fair to the Panthers, this shift may say more about the bloke than the club? Keen to be corrected on that score if I am worng of course!

What Ive heard nobody seems over concrened with the move. Maybe something to do with the fact that before several games he was out night clubing the night before.

Fair play to the Bulls for havin a crack at this talent, but it doesn't mean Eltham is sitting on its hands at all. Sometimes a talented player will play for a club because of its jumper, sometimes a talented player will jump to a club because of their chequebook.

Fair play to the Bulls for havin a crack at this talent, but it doesn't mean Eltham is sitting on its hands at all. Sometimes a talented player will play for a club because of its jumper, sometimes a talented player will jump to a club because of their chequebook.

Positive news for the Panthers is the re-signing of ruckman Steve Foster for season 2013

In a harse sense of reality Varsa is probably no longer in top 22 at the Panth, just as Kickass is no longer in the top 22 of posters on Bigfooty. On a positive side, This opens doors for younger talent to come through, and whilst i'm sure the Panth will cope to cover Vars, i'm not as confident that BF willever return to it's days of Glory.

Vars was in top 22.

BigFooty just needs your ever reliable wit and banter and it will be back to glory days.

Varsa not in your top 22??? Hahaha he was your number one when we played you at Eltham not all that long ago. Had about 30 touches in the mud and looked like he was the only one willing to get his hands dirty. Not bad for a bloke who had 4 hours sleep and a gutful of piss!!!

Until Eltham realize that they will not be able to have success with a side full of 22 Eltham juniors they may have a chance of achieving something

SPC, you know as well as anybody that i'm taking the mickey. Varsa is a deadset Champ, and we all wish him the best. In many ways he reminds us all of the past when it was not uncommon for a DVFL player to head straight to the ground after spending many an hour drinking at seedy bars & pick up joints such as the Richmond Social club. Arghhh, those were the days,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back