NFL - Time to make a stand

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgetting Fatass (sorry Kickass) comments Fatboy (mmm that was hard) I can confirm with absolute fact that the NFL tribunal is 100% independent from the NFL. FACT

The Tribunal arrive each week, and are handed a folder with the charge sheets from the tribunal. No other correspondence (from the NFL) is taken into account until the finding of Guilt (then they look at previous records (which is a print out in another folder) to see if a more appropriate punishment is required due to history, however they do not look at that info prior to this finding) The only time this changes is when the tribunal sits an investigation case they are handed the investigation report or they are handed a video to watch during the hearing.

Many people on the tribunal do not even follow the NFL, there is Lawyers, Principles and others. They have no other communication with the NFL other than being appointed (and offer to attend Grand Final Lunch) They do all this FOR FREE.

What they do not get is support. Support from other witnesses and, more importantly other umpires (HOW on earth, in a senior game with SIX umpires watching play does only one umpire report a bloke, seriously....HOW) if the others stood up with their counterparts as they saw something then the tribunal may not take as long and some of the incidents that we (supporters) see but then find out a bloke gets off will not happen.

What they also may need (highlighted in this case (I suspect) and two from last year) is better investigators (these are also independent from the NFL and the tribunal). They are the ones that present evidence for a case under investigation and the last few I have heard about have resulted in TERRIBLE results from the tribunal, you are right, they can only make decisions on what is presented and from what I hear sometimes this is very poor.

But finally, they are human and make mistakes, how they only gave a reprimand I would never know, I was not there neither was anyone else here so we have no idea what the investigator tabled or how ell this bloke plead his REASONS. Its all suspicion.....however it is a shame..... precedence is now set.

Why do clubs get fined $100 per case by the NFL if the two boards are seperate identities. What are the NFL'S costs if the tribunal representatives are volunteers?? Are these charges just revenue raising?

Why do clubs get fined $100 per case by the NFL if the two boards are seperate identities. What are the NFL'S costs if the tribunal representatives are volunteers?? Are these charges just revenue raising?

Mate you raise a very interesting point that I cannot answer. I honestly had no idea that Clubs got fined per case, I am stunned that this happens but believe you if you say so.

Obviously must just be revenue raising sadly.

Mate you raise a very interesting point that I cannot answer. I honestly had no idea that Clubs got fined per case, I am stunned that this happens but believe you if you say so.

Obviously must just be revenue raising sadly.

100% happens for a player found guilty. We've only had one appearance this year for a player found guilty on two charges & copped a $200 fine ( up from $60 last year per case ). We were invoiced for two cases even though they were heard together in the one sitting.

Can anyone confirm what happens if a player is found not guilty? Are clubs still fined for tribunal appearances?

100% happens for a player found guilty. We've only had one appearance this year for a player found guilty on two charges & copped a $200 fine ( up from $60 last year per case ). We were invoiced for two cases even though they were heard together in the one sitting.

Can anyone confirm what happens if a player is found not guilty? Are clubs still fined for tribunal appearances?

I had a look on the NFL website under the by-laws and schedule 20 sets out the fines for tribunal appearances. If a player is found not guilty there is no fine.

For those that did not see on the website, r.e U17's incident at Lalor:

Lalor Stars have been kicked out of the u17 competition for
1. instigating the brawl
2. playing unregistered and over age players under names of registered players at the full knowledge/request of the coach.

Any word on another disgrace in the DVFL (hey why not) yesterday this time at Whittlesea? The game was called off early.

The club has had a rich history of off field incidents that have been reported many times in the paper, in particular with the juniors.

Although I guess that's a bit rich in that my club has the same problem, just not to the same extent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're disputing it then you obviously don't live in the area, but I'll entertain I guess.

Simple google search, third link. Only one but if anyone has the time to try and argue a well known fact then be my guest. Incident in 1999 or 2000 if anyone can find it was the worst. 11 year old on opposite team bashed by elderly father.

http://diamond-valley-leader.wherei...orfeit-match-after-on-and-off-field-violence/

The club has had a rich history of off field incidents that have been reported many times in the paper,

Simple google search, third link. Only one but if anyone has the time to try and argue a well known fact then be my guest. Incident in 1999 or 2000 if anyone can find it was the worst. 11 year old on opposite team bashed by elderly father.

http://diamond-valley-leader.wherei...orfeit-match-after-on-and-off-field-violence/

Good on ya hero. shot you mouth off and then all you come up with is an article where DCJFC actually decided to forfeit a game because of concerns for THEIR player safety. Not quit a rich history of off field incidents in my book?

As for the other incident you talk about, not saying it didn't happen but I never heard of it but surely you must be able to find that in the paper???

flog, next

If you're disputing it then you obviously don't live in the area, but I'll entertain I guess.

* Ox, that was 13 years ago. Time to move on sunshine......

Good on ya hero. shot you mouth off and then all you come up with is an article where DCJFC actually decided to forfeit a game because of concerns for THEIR player safety. Not quit a rich history of off field incidents in my book?

As for the other incident you talk about, not saying it didn't happen but I never heard of it but surely you must be able to find that in the paper???

flog, next

You don't live in the area do you?

You don't live in the area do you?

A lot of us don't live in the area, in fact the majority of us don't.

So instead of making a sweeping statement that a club should be kicked out of the league, how about you let the rest of us know what the hell you are talking about and provide some basis for your post.

Apart from the odd article I must admit I can't. For anyone that doesn't live there it's all heresay and rumour.

Make the effort to go to a game and ask about the various clubs I've mentioned and what they think about them, rather than demanding I trawl through the "extensive" internet archives of the leader.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back