NHL Quiz

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is the only player to have scored five goals in one game using five different scoring methods ie. even strength, power play, penalty kill, penalty shot and empty net?

Did you really need to wait for my approval Marns? I had a feeling you'd know that one. Impressive feat by Super Mario.

Hehe nah I didnt really, VC.

OK, Following 1918, what was the first team to win back-to-back Stanley Cups?

Habs was my initial reaction. That was around the time they had Vezina and later Hainsworth and I remember those guys putting up ridiculously good numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

argh, not so many questions of old old hockey, gimme some more recent stuff. um, well, im gonna go with the most famous of all habs greats, the rocket, maurice richard, coz i can't think of anyone before him, and he woulda had his jersey retired late 50s, early 60s, and he wore #9

Ray Nolan said:
Who was the first Montréal Canadien to have his number retired & what number was it? Extra credit if you give the reason that led to the retirement of the number so quickly.

Howie Morenz...number 7.

Number retired in 1937 after Morenz suffered a severly broken leg, and subsequently died as a result.

Damn. Morenz would've been my guess too. In case that's wrong I'll just go a few years earlier and say Georges Vezina...I can't remember what number he wore but I think it was #1 or #30. I don't even know if his number was retired, but yeah, same reason because he died during his career.

Marns said:
If you answer a question correctly, you can ask the next one. They can be as easy or as hard as you like, but if the question is not answered within 2 days of it having been asked, anyone can ask a different question, so we can keep it moving along at a steady pace.
What happens if no one asks a question in two days? Do we just leave it open for anyone to ask too? It's been about two days since the last question was answered correctly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back